“THE BEST IN BROOKLYN!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonehome Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #227 of 4,108 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Transit: C to Lafayette Ave, G to Fulton, 2,3,4,5,N,R,Q,D,B to Atlantic
Connecticut
“THE BEST IN BROOKLYN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Everything about this restaurant is sensational. The food is exquisite and not only is their wine selection superb, it is paired beautifully with the food. And never a dull meal; the chef is creative and is always introducing new flavor combinations. The waiters and waitresses are extremely knowledgeable and attentive but not overbearing. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming- we cannot wait to return.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

new york
“I Could Eat Here Every Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

What an amazing place and it's a shame it hasn't been reviewed in such a long time. We went there after a performance at the BAM, and found it warm, cozy, with friendly and efficient service, and some of the best food we've had in a long time. Prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food, and they have some excellent wines also at very fair prices (for example, I had a really good torontes for 8 dollars). We started out with the duck liver pate, which was silky smooth and wonderfully rich, served with cornichons and spicy mustard. Then I had the most incredible cod and mussels with white beans in a sauce that I would give anything to duplicate. I don't know how they did it but the fish was slightly browned and crispy on the outside but flaky, moist, and perfectly cooked on the inside. Make sure you save some of the terrific bread to sop up every last drop of that delicious sauce. My husband had the home made fettucini with mushrooms, kale, and parmesan cheese, which he said was one of the best pasta dishes he's ever had. Having tasted it, I have to agree. We finished off with a selection of three cheeses, one blue, one Hudson Red, and I can't remember the third but they were all terrific, served with thin slices of apples and that great baguette. I loved everything about this place and we'll definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I loathe this pretentious horrid place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

I loathe this pretentious horrid place!

“Great wine selection. Inventive if limited menu. And the meat and cheese plates paired with the right wine make for a...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

Great wine selection. Inventive if limited menu. And the meat and cheese plates paired with the right wine make for a nice long conversation and satisfying meal.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“my local pick. they know so much here, and the staff is awesome. i always have fun and eat something really yummy...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

my local pick.
they know so much here, and the staff is awesome. i always have fun and eat something really yummy when i go here.