“Motor Lodge style Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Brooklyn Bay Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Brooklyn Bay Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Brooklyn Bay Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3003 Emmons Ave, Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY 11235-2212   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #24 of 51 hotels in Brooklyn
Vista, California
“Motor Lodge style Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This 3 story corner hotel is a conversion from a Motor Lodge with outside weather protected room access and subterranean and 2nd level open parking; one elevator. The conversion is about 15 years old. The front entrance has many steps and no ramp; lobby access is recommended via the 2nd level parking area it is on the same level as the lobby. The room we had was very clean and everything worked. Don't expect luxury here; just an adequate room across from the water front in Sheepshead Bay. Breakfasts were average; they will be better when they are back in the basement area after hurricane Sandy repairs. BM3 bus across the street takes you to Manhattan in Greyhound bus style; very inexpensive ride. Many neighborhood restaurants are within walking distance due to the proximity to the bay. Sport fishing and harbor/bay cruises are near by. If you have business or family in Sheepshead Bay this hotel is recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had booked a non-smoking room with king bed for my wife and I for the weekend while we attended my friend's wedding. When we arrived the guy at the front desk said, "So you reserved a smoking room double bed, right?" I said that I did not and showed them my confirmation. They proceeded to tell me my confirmation email (which they sent me) was wrong and I must have made a mistake booking the room. Are you kidding me?? They sent us to a room in the basement that smelled like the Marlboro man died in it. I went back to front desk and argued with them for a while, after which I was told that even though I screwed up they would put us in a non-smoking room both nights, we'd just have to change rooms on Saturday. I said fine and we moved into a non-smoking room that night.

Well, I get up on Saturday morning and there's a new woman at the desk. I tell her the story and ask when we should change rooms, and she tells me she doesn't know what I'm talking about and there are no non-smoking rooms available tonight. After some more obnoxious back-and-forth she calls the manager and he says to leave our luggage in our room and they will move it to a new non-smoking room while we're at the wedding. I said fine.

We get back from the wedding and the manager is there and actually apologizes to me (which is why this a 2 star review instead of a 1) and tells me they've given me a (small) discount on the room. My wife and I go up to the room and honestly it smells kind of like smoke (although not as bad as the first) but we're just too tired to argue anymore. Had I gotten an apology from the start I would have felt better about this place, but to be told by multiple employees that my confirmation email sent them was wrong and it was my fault was just ridiculous.

Oh, and the hotel itself is not in great shape - the elevators don't work, etc. - I understand it was damaged by Sandy, but regardless it doesn't seem to be fully restored at this point.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I didn't have a problem with my stay. Stayed four nights, the breakfasts were great. The subway was a 20 minute walk, which I didn't mind. I walked other parts of Brooklyn and those streets were just dirty. My room was cleaned every day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Scotrun, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Although I have stayed at this hotel many times, I hadn't been there in about a year and a half. Hotel was booked so I called Manager, Sunny. Sunny hooked me up and confirmed me in a nice room with 2 beds. The room was spotless, the bed clean and soft, with tons of pillows and the bathroom was clean and well stocked. The whole room smelled clean - kind of like ivory soap. The front desk was very accomodating and even remembered my name as I came and went. Breakfast was perfect - hot eggs and bacon and a toasted bagel. coffee was good too. All way round, I was not in the least bit disappointed and was very comfortable in my room and felt very welcome and appreciated. Excellent job to all staff, even the ladies cleaning the rooms made sure to say good morning and have a nice day! Loved it then, love it even more now. Thanks Sunny!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

If you are looking for a dump, this place is it. While staying here I was eaten alive by bedbugs. When I mentioned that I would be leaving early due to this fact, they called me a liar AND attempted to charge me for the remaining nights, saying I had prepaid. Anytime I asked to speak with a manager, they were never in. "When will they be in?" "Oh we wouldn't know, they come in whenever they want." was the response, only to find out they were in fact the manager! This place is a joke..... and don't even get me started on the parking.... just find another place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Very basic motel hotel. My room opened to parking. Cheap property. Parking was horrible. Limited spaces that were blocked and very small. Outdoor wet carpet from lobby to room. I could not connect to wifi and the girl at the desk couldn't help. The next am the desk clerk said the previous staff should have reset the server. Basically just a place to sleep. It was newer so it wasn't all bad but for the price I was disappointed.

Room Tip: There are basement floors. Dungeon. First floor open to parking. Second floor have glass covering
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

While my wife & I were delighted to see that Brooklyn now has more hotels to chose from, this Best Western is great because it is located in a wonderful area of Sheepshead Bay. The staff were very accomodating with a wonderful attitiude. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The ree breakfast was more than adequate. There were two problems-one was limited parking. We got back to the hotel late one night and had a problem with parking. We ended up parking down in the staff area in a spot that wasn't a real spot or our choice was to park in the street. The second problem were small bugs found in the bathroom. We informed them to exterminate.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the back of the hotel. The front faces a main street where buses start goi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Brooklyn Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!