I stayed in this place in October 2013. As mentioned by other reviewers, the rooms are small, one elevator is not enough and the neighborhood is not the best.
The main problem with this hotel is: they charge your credit card at will. My stay was prepaid and they only needed my creditcard for extra charges. You may wonder what extra charges because there is no minibar or anything else they may want to charge.
When I got home, I noticed that they charged the whole amount of my prepaid stay to my credit card. A mistake i thought, I'll send them an email and have my money back in a couple of days. Well no: The hotel dus NOT reply mails. So I mailed Holiday Inn Customer service. They managed to talk to the front desk by phone. I was told that they will refund my money in 1 or 2 billing cycles. Numerous e-mail followed about how long a billing cycling takes and why not refund the money at once. Holliday Inn Customer service became less helpfull and refered me back to the hotel although they knew the hotel does not answer emails. They probably also know this one of their lesser hotels....
I am still waiting for my refund after one month. All I can assume is that they hope they can keep the money. I have filed a credit card fraude complaint with my bank now.
Please do NOT give them your credit card or better: avoid this place and stay in a nicer hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn Hotel Brooklyn
- Brooklyn Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Brooklyn
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn NY, the obvious and affordable alternative to Manhattan hotels is conveniently located in the heart of Brooklyn. Walking distance to a plethora of restaurants, lounges, shopping and Government and corporate offices, Long Island University, Navy Yard, Coney Island, Brooklyn Academy of Music, Brooklyn Bridge, and Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. This 115-room property with superior customer service is located in the historic Park Slope section of Brooklyn, NY. The hotel is a recently opened IHG property. Our pet friendly hotel features include Jacuzzi rooms, complimentary deluxe breakfast buffet, free wireless high speed Internet access and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning, featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and hot items rotated daily. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Additional features include a self-service business center and limited self-parking (at an affordable fee). Steps away from Union Street Subway Station and walking distance to Metro Tech Government Offices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.