“Clean, great staff, horrible elevator!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 49 hotels in Brooklyn
Florida
“Clean, great staff, horrible elevator!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Staff was excellent. One small elevator and slow. You wait forever! Rooms are small but adequate for a few days. You can hear everything in the halls that goes on in the rooms. Zero privacy. Key got messed up twice and would not work. Had to wait and wait for elevator....again. Nice complimentary breakfast. I would stay there again if necesary, but only on a low floor so I could walk to my room from the lobby.

Room Tip: Get a low floor and avoid the elevator.
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has been very accommodating to my family. We have a room on the 5th floor over looking the back of the hotel. The room is kind of small, but nonetheless, comfortable and warm. The front desk staff is very nice and are very helpful. Great location, subway stop on the corner. 15 minutes to lower manhattan. Breakfast is great, plenty of coffee and pancakes. Coffee is served all day. So far, an excellent stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Taipei
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is my second time to this hotel. It's near by union street station (metro R line) which is good for me to commute from Brooklyn to NYC. The breakfast is nice. Good Coffee. The staff is friendly. It's good to stay in this hotel for business trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rochester, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place is in a great location and is completely inexpensive. With that said it is about what you would expect for a low cost hotel. When we arrived the parking for the hotel was completely taken (which wasn't a big deal given that there's a lot directly up the street). The room is basic, pretty small, no frills but it has everything you need. To be honest the best part of the place was the housekeeping staff. We were leaving our room on a rainy fall day and said good morning to a woman in housekeeping and she mentioned that it was raining outside and asked if I had brought my umbrella. I laughed and said that I hadn't and I'd just have to deal with it and she actually loaned me hers. I thought that was really nice. I hope that the staff at this hotel is treated well and taken care of, they were the one thing that really stood out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

“Double charged my credit card”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012
people found this review helpful

Stayed there on the 7th May for 3 nights, have paid my bill by cash at the end of stay, however, couple of days later, they charged my credit card for the same amount. Have contact them several times, no one bother to take action to refund my card. This is very unprofessional."
I've got the same problem with my credit card l!
If your nerves and health is important for you - never stay at this hotel!
Booked one night in this hotel (from 10/14 to 10/15/2012).I booked a room "on line" via Expedia. (paid $158.59). The hotel's staff charged my credit card without my permission for $243.36. Contacted to the hotel several times but nobody even tried to refund my money back. Very,very,very bad and unprofessional service!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
inverness, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

There is much to say about this hotel, how my phone didn't work and the staff for three days couldn't fix it; how my coffee machine likewise was on the blink; how the guy in charge of cleanup runs the place as indicated by him blasting the community TV on a hip hop channel; how there is serious understaffing so those working here are unfriendly at best and actively hostile some of the time. It is surprising to me Holiday Inn would tarnish its good brand by attaching it name to this mess.

But the killer was the noise. My room was next to the ice machine which was jet engine loud, on and off, all night. The room also essentially was a closet off the main dining area so at 5am when help arrived to crash around the tables and chairs and bang pots and pans, the sound was in my room. The doors to the guest rooms fit so poorly and are of such lousy quality that sound not only travels through them but seems to get amplified.

If the street surrounding the hotel was something other than trash, auto repair shops and boarded windows, I might have considered moving out there for the night.

Room Tip: avoid each end of the hallways (near the stairs which guests have to use because the elevator is so...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear dickinverness,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience the noise caused you and regret you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare
HONG KONG
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

\Disappointing Hotel staff
PostedAugust 25, 2012
I have to say my experience with the service of the hotel staff was downright disappointing. It began upon our arrival when we were placed in a room we did not reserve. I made a reservation for a twin-bed room since I was traveling with my teenage son. However, the reception staff checked us into a double bed room.
On the next-day-morning of our stay, I provided an email confirmation of the reservation at the check-in desk. I was told that as soon as the rooms were cleaned, I would be able to switch to the twin-bed room. I told them that we may go out during the day since we had some errands to run. The receptionist appeared agitated and she told me in that case, we should pack our belongings and wheel our suitcases to the check-in desk. I emphasized that my request was simply wanting to know when we can move into our twin-bed room and if she could give me a certain answer but she ignored me and just proceeded to occupy herself with her other business on the desk.
I received no calls nor any explanations from the hotel staff at all until we left.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear LI JING H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in us and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence soon.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn? Share your experiences!