“Excellent service, really clean, great value for money.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Luxe to your Saves list
Hotel Luxe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1420 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11216   |
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Brooklyn
“Excellent service, really clean, great value for money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I spent one night at the hotel. The only needs improvement I would give management is the addition of a microwave and mini fridge in rooms. This would greatly help families and visitors as there isnt any food in the area for many blocks, and breakfast ends at 930am. By the way kudos to management as breajfast is really good except it ends too early. Perhaps consider extending till 1030.I dont remember the name of the front desk receptionist but she is from Antigua and is awesome. So is Melanie. Altogether great hotel nested in an unusual seemingly industrial neighborhood.Tty

• Stayed July 2014
HotelLuxeNY, Manager at Hotel Luxe, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you Louis J for your review of Hotel Luxe! I have passed on your praise to Ysanne and Malinie and we all want to thank you for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and we will consider extending our breakfast hours and adding additional amenities per your suggestions. We hope to have you and your wife back with us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I recently visited Hotel Luxe for a wedding that took place in NYC and I must say the staff and welcoming environment has exceeded my expectations by far!! The price paid for the room was well worth for a weekend trip at this hotel. The staff was very kind, calm, and sweet. They respected all guests that entered their hotel and made me feel like I was at home. The rooms overall are clean!! Yes there are some smoking spots on the furniture BUT that is only because of certain people who stayed at this lovely hotel and violated Non-Smoking policies as informed by the Front Desk. The bathrooms are so clean and the floors of the room is spotless! The housekeeping always cleaned our room that we could not find a flaw to complain about! The neighborhood is said to be bad but words can be deceiving. My fiance and I walked back and forth from the train station in the midnight hours and found no trouble and had no fears! Walk to Fulton Ave for a plentiful supply of Carribean Cuisine! We are very appreciative of Miranda, she helped direct us where ever we needed to go, and even with providing us reliable taxi reservations to and from the venue. We will definitely be sure to recommend hotel luxe to all our friends and family! It is more convienient than staying in Manhattan and paying ridiculously high rates!

Room Tip: Ask for Room facing parking lot and always ask front desk for help!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelLuxeNY, Manager at Hotel Luxe, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
We are delighted to hear that Hotel Luxe has "exceeded your expectations by far!" Our staff strives to be flawless -- especially our housekeepers who work meticulously to make sure that our rooms are the cleanest in all of New York! Miranda and our Front Desk staff are very helpful and wonderful assets to our team as well!

Our location does make visiting Manhattan very affordable and the the many conveniences including the varied dining options on Fulton and Nostrand are great bonuses!

We thank you for your recommendation of our hotel, and look forward to serving your friends and family!
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My friend and I just got back from an quick one night stay at the Hotel. We searched hotels close to Barclay Center as we were going to attend a concert and this one popped up with a good rating. I have to agree with other reviews….a very noisy location due to the subway line being in front of the hotel. And yes, day walking around the area is ok but I would warn visitors new to the area that night patrolling may be too dangerous. The surrounding area of the hotel does look pretty run down. The hotel itself was average. The front desk attendant almost took a double payment from me - I had to mention payment was made and lucky for me, through experience, had instant proof on hand. They did not give me the room I requested and I noticed cigarette stains on furniture and sheets. All in all it wasn't a devastating experience and the hotel served well for the night. I doubt I would stay there for more than a quick weekend, if necessary. Subways that run into the city are about a 10-15 minute walk - coming back is much easier. It's a 35 minute subway ride into Manhattan (Times Square).

Room Tip: Our room was a standard with k/size - definitely small but accommodated the two of us.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
HotelLuxeNY, Manager at Hotel Luxe, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you sharing your review! We are proud of our location in the "up-and-coming" neighborhood of Bed-Stuy, but Hotel Luxe does face some trade-offs in neighborhood aesthetics in order to offer its convenient location near the Barclay Center and NYC transportation. I am sorry that our Front Desk agent almost made a mistake with your reservation, but it does looks like we were able to get you into the room that you booked. We are happy to serve you and all of our future guests and we look forward to offering you a better stay in the future.
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

My sister and I stayed at the Luxe for several nights. When my sister learned that the room we had booked faced the noisy train, she asked to be moved to a room at the back of the hotel and was accomodated. In addition, a miscommunication had the hotel booking us in a night earlier than we planned and they refunded the money no problem.

Breakfast was pretty pathetic the mornings we were there because apparently fresh supplies came in the morning we left. Oh well. The coffee was good and the fresh fruit was appreciated.

Staff were extremely helpful and patient and we found the room to be comfortable and, unlike other reviewers, our floor was quite quiet. But... the hotel is in a part of Brooklyn that at night may not seem very safe especially if you use the subway from Manhattan. Even though there are plenty of young people including women walking around quite freely, the street life leading to the hotel seems a little threatening.

I would like to suggest that the Luxe and other Brooklyn hotels coordinate a shuttle service several times a day and night to the bridge subway station and back. It would be an incredible gesture and very helpful if tourists had a more convenient and perhaps safer way of navigating in and our of that part of the neighborhood.

I would definitely recommend the hotel even with the needs to improve mentioned above.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
HotelLuxeNY, Manager at Hotel Luxe, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recommendation of Hotel Luxe with the TripAdvisor community! We are happy to hear that you found our hotel to be comfortable and our staff to be helpful. Your constructive criticism is much appreciated as we constantly strive to improve our services and provide exceptional experiences to our guests. Check back with us soon for a deluxe breakfast delivery program in which we deliver a fresh and handpicked breakfast to your room for your convenience. We will also work on the shuttle service per your wonderful suggestion!
Winter Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The only good things that can be said, the rooms are clean, the staff is pleasant. We stayed four nights and were moved twice. The walls are less than paper thin. The hotel seemed more like a place that people were living and partying all night. The hallways and rooms are fake wood floors, no sound barrier at all. Every night we had to call security as people were screaming, ranting, threatening one another. We were moved to a "quieter" floor, but same situation. A lot of families seemed to be living there. The strong smell of marijuana came thru the vent system every night.
We should have moved to another hotel, but with our schedules and work we were stuck.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, not worth the sleepless nights and sketchy patrons.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HotelLuxeNY, Manager at Hotel Luxe, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are sorry to hear that you were disturbed by noise in the hotel at night, and want to let you know that we have recently upgraded our security team to make sure that all of our guests can spend their nights in peace and comfort. It is wonderful to hear that you found all of our accommodations clean and our staff friendly. Guest satisfaction is of utmost importance to us so I hope that we can have you back again to provide you with a better experience.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Luxe for a 3 day trip to NYC June 2-5, 2014.

First, travelers should know that the area around the hotel is quite run down and the hotel fronts Atlantic Avenue which has an elevated subway line running down the middle of the street so there is noise coming from the subway. The trains are infrequent however. If this noise bothers you then you should consider another hotel. There was some hallway noise as suggested by other visitors which seemed to be loud. I suggest to the owners that they may wish to make the room doors tighter so the hall noise doesn't filter under the doors into the rooms. To us the noise was irrelevant, infrequent and not a problem. It didn't keep us up at night at all.

Second, unless you want to take a taxi or you want to drive around manhattan, the subway is your access to the big apple. Hotel Luxe is about a half mile from the Nostrand subway stop - about 5 small city blocks. If you can't or don't want to walk to the subway, you should again consider another hotel. We walked back and forth for 3 days - once late at night - after seeing a broadway play, and it was not a problem at all and we were not at all concerned for our safety. We found the neighborhood around the hotel to be clean and crime free and the neighborhood folks sitting out on the stoops were friendly.

The main point I want to make in this review is that hotel is very good, very clean - spotless in fact. The hotel was recently remodeled. The bathroom in our room was tile with new fixtures and nice shower. The room was clean. Free wi-fi. The room is small, but adequate for 2 people. The bed was comfortable and we slept very well. Security was good and the staff was attentive. We were quite impressed and will likely stay again on our next trip to NYC.

I only do reviews of hotels that stand out for their comfort, convenience and cost. Hotel Luxe stands out as a clean, comfortable hotel and a good value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HotelLuxeNY, Manager at Hotel Luxe, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Hawaiihikerguy,
We thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Luxe and our wonderful Brooklyn neighborhood! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Your comments serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. Your tips for travelers are very informative...we couldn't have said it better ourselves!
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was stuck in Brooklyn , NY late at night without a place to stay. Found Luxe at 10:00pm and they were able to give lodgings at a reasonable rate. Free continental breakfast (decent coffee) and free wifi and parking. The staff was always helpful and available. One negative, my room was on the 1st floor, which was located over the foyer, so I always heard guests and staff conversations any time I was in my room. The need to close up that hallway overlooking the foyer.

Room Tip: Do not stay on 1st floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
HotelLuxeNY, Manager at Hotel Luxe, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to Hotel Luxe and other travelers! We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and our many complimentary services.

Been to Hotel Luxe? Share your experiences!