“You Kind of Have To” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
NYC
“You Kind of Have To”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We hadn't been to Randazzo's in over a decade. In our memory, the portions were as large as the quality was wonderful. The quality was still wonderful but the portions seemed to have shrunk. I know they have a sign saying "Cheap Seafood isn't Fresh and Fresh Seafood isn't Cheap" but it still seemed a lot more expensive than we remembered it. My husband had a fried assortment and I had the steamers. They were small, but delicious. We took home a container of chowder -- a half-pint for $11 I think -- and I decided to serve it over pasta, which made a terrific -- and generous -- meal for the two of us, so all in all, I guess it balanced out. But when you're in Sheepshead Bay, unless you're going to Lundy's, I guess you kind of have to go to Randazzo's. The staff is pure Brooklyn, so add the entertainment factor into the bill and it comes out sort of a bargain. We don't get to that neighborhood often these days, but when we're there next, I imagine we'll go back to Randazzo's. I can't agree that they are a well-kept secret. I can agree that you never, ever have to worry about what you order -- raw or cooked.

• Visited June 2014

Brooklyn, New York
“Brooklyn's Best Kept Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you like Italian seafood, you are in the right place. It's not a fancy atmosphere but at Randazzo's, its all about the "Sauce". To be specific, the medium sauce.
A few must haves: Calamari w medium sauce ( da best ), stuffed broiled shrimp ( Brooklyn style ) stuffed w bread crumbs, Italian parsley, baby shrimp, crab meat and garlic, The lobster Randazzo is a plate made for someone who is running a large country, linguini, whole lobster, the sauce, shrimps, clams, mussels and scallops. Make sure you bring acamera ifyou get this dish and make sure your ready to get down and dirty.

One of the best places to eat on the planet!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Mary, Florida
“Outstanding raw bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I found myself in Brooklyn with some time to kill and it was lunch time. So, I headed over to the water to find a place to get clams and oysters. Most of the reviews I found recommended Randazzos. It was a great choice. It is a no frills location but with top notch food. I had clams and oysters on the half shell and cup of NE "chowda". All three were outstanding. Looking around at the other plates being served to others, It was clear that everything was well prepared and fresh. I can't wait to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hatboro, PA
“Great Time, Good Food, But Meh...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was just at Randazzo's this past Saturday night for a ladies night out with family. We had a reservation, but the dining room was packed, so we would have had to wait. One of the servers suggested us eating outside, side it was a nice night, so we did. Our waitress was great...not the most attentive, but she was friendly and hustling. Everyone got seafood but me, I got the Chicken Parmigiana. We all enjoyed the food. My only issues were: several of us ordered soup...they brought it out in little Dixie cups. Our entrees came out in those aluminum take home containers, and we had paper plates and plastic ware on the table. The food is expensive...my entree was $17, and that was for chicken and a side of spaghetti...no sides, no salad, not even bread. So altogether we had a great time (but we'd have a great time anywhere), I don't think I'd be in a rush to go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yonkers, New York
“Best of Sheepshead Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I just got back from having the best soft shell crabs as well as one of my favorites,fried zucchini.
My husband had raw clams and shrimp with hot sauce. It's no wonder people come from all over to this well known restaurant and clam bar. I have been coming here since I was a teenager, and that was a long time ago. It gets better with age. I wish I could say the same....

• Visited April 2014