“Great Steak but So Much More to a Dining Experience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 4,110 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Rocky River
“Great Steak but So Much More to a Dining Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We went here for lunch. It is a charming restaurant but not much else is near it. We had a reservation and were seated within 10 minutes of our arrival.

CAUTION: This is a CASH ONLY restaurant. I am flabbergasted that such famous, touristy spots do this as there were many disgruntled patrons, including one man that was quite verbal about this even though they had signs posted telling you this.

Service was mediocre. We got drinks and rolls immediately and the salt sticks were great. However, we then played the waiting game for our order to be taken and to be served. Our waiter seemed to go through the motions of serving us instead of trying to create a positive dining experience.

We ordered a steak and prime rib. Both were wonderful but the prime rib came with a skinless boiled potato that I shared as the steak had nothing else served with it. The sauce to put on the steak was awesome.

If I want a really, really good steak, I would return here. But I would go knowing not to expect anything else except for high prices. I prefer a better atmosphere and more caring staff to add to my dining pleasure.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Baar, Switzerland
“Best porterhouse steak in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

We have to come here as it was highly recommended by my brother. It is in Brooklyn and quite easy to get to from the metro station. The server was efficient and recommended the porterhouse steak for 2 (medium rare)- it was the best. Tasty, tender and juicy! Love it. Match that with a malbeck wine and it's perfect. We will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Long Valley, New Jersey
“The Most Accurate Review for Peter Luger”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Went to Peter Luger steak house in Brooklyn NY 11/23/2012 and was very dissapointed to say the least! ...... Odered the chopped steak $34 and only came with a small handfull of fries. The steak was OK but for the money you should not leave the place hungry but I did. They have bread that is not warm and is average tasting. My girfriend ordered the salmon wich was $22 and comes with nothing. Salmon was worth far less than what they charge. I actually wanted a hamburger but they stop serving burgers at 3:45 in the afternoon (that is very stupid). If you want a great complete meal for a reasonable price than dont eat at Peter Luger. When I stated my complaints to the restaurant manager the response was this is what we have been doing for over 100 years and we won't change .... They seem to only care about taking your money than making sure your are 100% happy ........

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winter Park, Florida
“Melt in your mouth steak.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

The porterhouse steak, served family style with very limited other choices, absolutely melted in my mouth. I did not know a steak could be so tender. The bacon appetizer was terrific. And the pecan pie was heavenly. Having said all that, my carnivore husband and son were not as taken with it as we expected. They like other steaks better. Hmm. Perhaps expectations were too high. I loved the old school atmosphere and style. And it felt genuine, not schticky.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Bland and over priced steak and burnt potatoes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was the second time my family went to Peter Lugers and the steak was terrible, bland and burnt. The potatoes were bland and burnt as well. The service was awful at the Brooklyn location but wonderful at the Long Island location. You would think for allll of that money the steak would have some flavor, some garlic, salt, onion powder, something! We will not return to this over priced and over publicized steak house. The steak at Red Lobster tasted better and it's 75% cheaper!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere