“Not the best steak around ...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 4,515 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine
Qld, Australia
“Not the best steak around ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This restaurant came highly recommended by friends. We all had high expectations of our meals and I must say that neither of us were particularly impressed. I'm not a huge steak eater, but my friends thoroughly enjoy a good steak. We have all had better steaks elsewhere or sometimes even better at home on the BBQ! Benny, our waiter was excellent, explained everything very well for us. All I can say - don't rush here.....

• Visited September 2012

• Turkish first
Manama, Bahrain
“OMG !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

What can I say ?! Words just can't describe how AMAZING this Steak House is ! Winner of more than 20 Zagat awards, their steaks are world class. So worth the cab fare to reach brooklyn. Get the T-Bone steak, and you'll know !

Visited August 2012
charleston,wv
“The "best" is the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Not only a meal but an experience. The atmosphere was more "beer house" than intimate fine dining, but you go here for one thing...some of the best steak in the US. The waiter was impecable...friendly, extremly knowledgable(even told us when we had ordered TOO much) and in good humor,considering the crowd...a true professional. The steak (portehouse for 4) was mouth watering and the sides were portioned just right. I wore a jacket, some wore T-shirts. At a $100 per person some sort of "dress code" might be expected.

Visited October 2012
NY
“Good Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This place has been around for years and hasn't changed. Its not fancy but very good. They serve family style and give you gold chocolate coins at the end of the meal.

Visited February 2012
Goodyear, Arizona
“Like butta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Everyone has to go to Peter Luger once in their life time. Menu is small which is great. That way they can stay focused on their steak. ;) We ordered a mixed greens salad 'cause we needed some kind of vegi. It was good, nothing to write home about. We also ordered two slices of bacon. Delicious! Thick, little fat, balanced smokey salty flavor. Then the steak for two came. What can I say. I didn't even need a knife. I could cut it with my fork it was so tender and the flavor was spot on. I spoke to the waiter, and I hope I have this correct, he told me that there are two sisters in their 80's that still work there and own it. One of the sisters still goes to the meat market and hand selects all of their beef for their steaks and she gets first pick, before all other restaurants in NYC. Thought that was worth mentioning. Don't bother with the bar and wine list. Neither is very extensive or good. More of a convenience/service for diners. Stay focused on the steak, as Peter Luger does, and you won't go wrong.

Visited October 2012