“Tasty Pizza but Unfriendly Service” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #192 of 4,604 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Texas
“Tasty Pizza but Unfriendly Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I must admit that the pizzas (we ordered a white pizza and a traditional with pepperoni) were delicious. The line to get in was about 30 minutes in the sun (we were there around 3 pm on a Sunday). Once we did get in, the restaurant was rather warm. The waiter was not friendly or personable, and he acted like it was a bother to even take our order. He never noticed when our water glasses were empty, and we had a hard time even getting his attention to request a refill. Once he delivered our pizza, I guess he felt like he was done with us. They do tend to make you feel like you should eat quickly and get out of the way so they can seat someone else at your table.

Even though we have read for several years that we will soon be a cashless society, that is certainly not the case in NYC. This restaurant only takes cash, like several other places we visited in NYC.

I would return here again for the tasty pizza, but next time I would get the pizza to go and walk down the street to a park rather than eating in their hot restaurant with the unfriendly and inattentive wait staff.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Hialeah, Florida
“Great pizza, if you are in the neighborhood.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

After the Brooklyn bridge walking tour, we ate here. A little bit of a wait but worth it. No thrills but A/C was nice. Would not come all the way from Manhattan just to visit the place.

Visited June 2013
“Awesome Pizza!! Wonderful Service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We walked the Brooklyn Bridge, and stopped in here for brick oven fired pizza. What a wonderful experience! We sat upstairs, so could view the pizza artists making pizzas by the brick oven. The pizza tasted wonderful, and it was a great experience. Keep up the good work!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Not sure what I'm missing here..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I ate at a couple other well know NYC pizza restaurants and a couple local places & this was the worst one. The pizza was not bad really, but certainly not the best in NYC, or anywhere really. The restaurant was very, very hot inside which was miserable after walking the Brooklyn bridge in 90 degree heat to get there. Not sure if they have no AC or it was broken. The service was also horrendous. Either have people walk up & order there own, or give good service, hire good waiters. But crappy waiters is not acceptable. Had to go find them for drink refills & to pay, and wait awhile for both. Maybe my expectations were just to high after hearing & reading about it. But I just was not impressed really by anything here. Much, much better Pizza available in NYC.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bryan, Texas
“OMG!!!!! BEST PIZZA EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This I was some amazing pizza! I wish I could have packed this pizzeria in my suitcase and taken it home with me! The pizzas are cooked on a coal heated brick oven. The big pizza chains like Pizza Hut, Dominos, Papa John's...ect

Visited June 2013