“OMG!!!!! BEST PIZZA EVER!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #198 of 4,509 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Bryan, Texas
“OMG!!!!! BEST PIZZA EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This I was some amazing pizza! I wish I could have packed this pizzeria in my suitcase and taken it home with me! The pizzas are cooked on a coal heated brick oven. The big pizza chains like Pizza Hut, Dominos, Papa John's...ect

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Best pizza I've ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

After reading the reviews about Grimald's I made a special trip to Brooklyn to see what the fuss was about. When in New York finding the perfect pizza was on my list of things to do.
It was everything I expected and more. Quite simply, the perfect pizza. Friendly staff in a warm cosy traditional restaurant - I could have asked for more.
After lunch I walked back into Manhattan across the Brooklyn Bridge, making it quite a spectacular day.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ligonier, Pennsylvania
“excellent pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

There's a long line but it moves quickly and the pizza is excellent. I admit that when we visited we thought we were going to the original Grimaldi's. We didn't learn until later that the original was in the building next door. This was a big deal to the doorman at our hotel. Must be a sticky point for locals. No matter - the pizza was wonderful, the beer good, the service fast and friendly.

We ordered a large pizza and thought we wouldn't eat the whole thing. We did. ;)

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“The spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Located perfectly close to the subway. Grimaldi's is under the Brooklyn Bridge. We arrived and were greeted by a long line. Be patient and you will be rewarded. After 45 minutes we got a table. It was worth the wait. We ordered the pepperoni, it was a taste sensation, perfect base. A must try in Brooklyn.

Visited June 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good NYC Pizza in a popular tourist location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

It is ocated right beneath the Brooklyn Bridge. There is always along line of people waiting for a table at Grimaldi's, about 30 -45 minutes!
Earlier lunch times during week end days (before 12:00 noon) may have shorter wait.
Once you get in, there is a relatively long wait time as well since the restaurant is large with 3 floors and there is only one wood burning brick oven.

Grimaldi's menu, and its decor is modest, simple and focused. The tables are covered in traditional red checkered tablecloths. There is nothing fancy about this place.

They serve only pies (no slice) with very thin crust, which come in either six or eight-slice sizes. One person can eat a whole pie though, since they make very thin crust pizzas, with light cheese and good sauce.

• Visited June 2013