“What a great pizza at a great price” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #181 of 4,409 restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Billerica, MA, United States
“What a great pizza at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

So we asked the concierge for something to do, and she said - why not walk over the Brooklynn bridge, see Lady Liberty and the NY ski-line then have a real Brooklynn pizza at Grimaldi's. We said SURE.

Well, because we were eating an early dinner before a show, we went with a small pizza - no toppings (just the cheese, sauce, and basil). Well were we surprised at both the size of said small pizza as well as the tastiness - OMG it was great. Almost ordered a second.

Place gets busy fast, so get there early or on non-peak meal times.

Best meal value we had during our visit to NYC this past weekend.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Tillson, NY
“Don't go to this restaurant!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

A long wait (1hr+), raw pizza and sausage topping. Took the sausage off but pizza tasted bad. Worst tasting one we ever had.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Let Down !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had read so many good reviews about this restaurant I was looking forward to enjoying my Pizza. We were a party of ten and ordered 5 large pizzas to share. We waited one hour for our food after ordering, then three of the pizzas were wrongly allocated to our table, we ordered white wine and red was delivered, this was then changed. The pizzas were enjoyable even though three were wrongly served.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Long Beach, CA
“"New" location, same good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Didn't realize that they moved a few buildings down from where they used to be a couple of years ago. "New" building used to be a bank so nice old architecture but I mourn the loss of the authentic pizzeria feel the old place had. Also, part of the experience for me was the Brooklyn attitude the servers had as they yelled at each other across the restaurant. With this visit, they were actually pleasant. What? I want to be yelled at for putting too many toppings on my pizza!

Pizza, however, was still good. This is becoming a routine for me whenever I visit NYC- subway to Grimaldi's, walk back on Brooklyn Bridge.

Visited April 2013
Hawthorne, New York
“One of the best pizzeria's in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I visited on a Saturday afternoon. I went to the Queens location in Douglaston. The restaurant is small but, has a nice atmosphere. They do not serve slices and do not accept cash. I ordered a small traditional pie with six slices. The service was good. The sauce, cheese and crust are authentic.I have tasted many different pizza shops in NYC and this pizza is exceptional. I plan on returning with my wife soon. Enjoy!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere