“GREAT FOOD” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Ribbon Brasserie Brooklyn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #605 of 4,604 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Garfield & 1st Street
Transit: R Train - Union Street (& 4th Avenue Stop) F & G Train - 9th Street (& 4th Avenue Stop)
queens, New York, United States
“GREAT FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

What can you say food was great everyone in the place great,They didnt rush us, food was hot and it was the way we asked very happy and will go back real soon

Visited September 2012

New York City, New York
“Good Food Good Times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Blue Ribbon was good. Food and drinks were good as well. The only improvement to be made is that the restaurant is really dark. Several folks in my party had to use their phones to read the menu and they didnt even wear glasses! Other than that adjustment, everything else worked. Would recommend it.

Visited September 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“A Great Place With Brooklyn Flair But Not The Attitude”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

So, finally got to try this place after living over seven years nearby. No, hadn't tried their other locations, either but definitely aware of the reputation and the raves. It came time to end the summer with a good lobster dinner for myself and my wife. Contrary to expectations, that is not the easiest thing to find in Brooklyn. In checking out Blue Ribbon's menu and seeing a steamed lobster dinner, I was delighted. Upon arriving on Labor Day evening, we were promptly greeted and seated. My wife enjoyed a Cosmo while I sipped on a perfect Negroni. This set up the anticipation of the appetizers- just garlicky enough escargots for her and crispy, melt in your mouth fried oysters for me. Thee accompanying fresh loaf of bread and perfectly spreadable butter were welcome.
Next was the coup de grâce: The steamed lobster. After enjoying lobster my whole life (over 40 years) I can honestly say this was easily in the top two. Perfectly cooked so that it was succulent, sweet and moist with nary a drop of water spilling out. The sides of also perfectly cooked baked potato and corn on the cob made me very happy. All the while, the impecable service of the waiter attended to our unanticipated needs such as replacing the nearing-full shell bowl and providing a plethora of wet naps.
Dessert, for me, was a little bit of a let down. The supposedly great chocolate chip bread pudding was not. Don't get me wrong, it was not bad, but the unannounced (and delicious) vanilla bean gelato atop the big, solid (not chunked) pieces of bread were a bit too much. My experience with bread pudding has been smaller pieces in a cream or chocolate sauce.
The cost of the meal does take a small hit on the wallet, but so worth it between the ambience, the service and the impeccably crafted food. You are simply left with the memory of a great meal and the desire to return (soon!)

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Good american fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Good food, excellent service and ambiance. Little loud on the weekends and a bit expensive. Nice wine selection.

Visited November 2011
“Still one of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

It is quite expensive so I wouldn't go there often, it is mostly for the special occasion we go and whenever we are there we are treated like kings. It is just the way they approach you. From managers to buss boys. They are attentive and proffesionals. The food it also very good. We love their raw bar. It's always fresh and tasty. Also the onion soup is the best I ever eaten. Yum!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere