“excellent mexican food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Veracruz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,245 of 4,110 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Brooklyn, New York
“excellent mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Best mexican food I have ever had! Def try shrimp nachos as an appetizer- my no 1. I also reccomend: White Fish Ceviche, shrimp sinaloa and chicken burrito. Yummy!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Brooklyn, New York
“Not the same”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Used to go every month 15 years ago. It closed for personal reasons. Reopened not the same. The guac and most of the meals are over cilantroed and not as tasty.

Venlo, The Netherlands
“not a true mexican”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Since we were staying on Bedford and have a thing for mexican food we had to try Vera Cruz. Unfortunately we did this before checking the internet for reviews. What a big mistake to think you get true mexican food here. The food was colourless. It was poorly spiced, which made everything taste the same. This is hard because beans surely have a different taste than rice... We changed our mind about the menu, but it was not understood by the kitchen staff. So we ended up with 3 in stead of 2 dishes. Lucky for us the waitress let us pay for just the 2.
We heard good things about their margarita's, but haven't tried them. Perhaps on another trip when we feel more comforable setting steps in this establishment again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London
“Rats! Yes, Rats!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I've been to Veracruz 2-3 years ago, and I really liked it. So this time, I wanted to bring a few friends from abroad to this place as we were having a few drinks in the neighbourhood. They'll never forgive me!!
We sat in the garden, and we saw rats running around! Absolutely disgusting and the thought of it makes me sick once again, as I write this review. Moreover, the food was absolutely bad! Both my appetizer ("queso fundido", i.e. melted chease) and my main dish were served cold. The beer instead was warm. Nuff said! Never again!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Oslo, Norway
“Good Mex.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Good value Maxican with good atmosphere kind of sums up this place for me. Ive stayed with my family for 2 weeks in Williamsburg and we have dined well almost every night. As we did here. The burritos were tasty but I wont rave about them back home. It was also kid friendly as all the places in Williamsburg and we made great conversation with other guests. This was pretty unique and I cant say if this is usual at Veracruz or if we were lucky.
All in all a good experience and can be recommended for a Mex night out.

• Visited June 2011