“Yummy twists on asian fare” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 4,108 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Noodle, Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Its getting major reviews in local and national press. Opened by "Top Chef" winner Dale Talde about 6-8 months ago.
New York City, New York
“Yummy twists on asian fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We went to Talde for our anniversary. The place was busy but not very noisy as some folks mentioned. We also did not need to wait - maybe because it was Monday.

We ordered the Obama punch which was both tart and sweet but did not have much of a kick. The pitcher was small but we did get two drinks each from it.

We ordered the pretzel dumplings, the whole roasted branzino and the fried rice. The waiter explained that the fish would take at least 20 minutes and encouraged us to order another dish. We added the Kung Pao chicken wings. Though the wings tasted spicy and sweet and left you licking your fingers for more we wound up having too much food. The dumplings had a delicious filling but I prefer my dumplings with a softer thinner crust. The roasted fish was amazing. It was a deboned whole fish seasoned with tomato and spices that really enhanced the flavor of the fish. It comes with mini tortillas and so you make your own fish tacos. The shrimp fried rice was probably the best fried rice I have eaten. The rice was fluffy, not oily at all and the shrimp was cooked perfectly.

Though the meal was pricey - we had leftover fish and rice for the next day. Our bill was about $80 without tip. I would definitely go back but next time we might try the brunch since it is a bit less costly.

• Visited November 2012

Plantation, Florida
“A Top Chef Comes to Brooklyn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Since my husband and I are somewhat obsessed with Top Chef, we really wanted to check out Dale Talde's restaurant, Talde, in Park Slope. Happily, our two friends indulged us and came along.
We wisely chose to arrive at 6:00pm on a Saturday night because they do not take reservations for small parties. Even though we were told the wait was an hour and a half, we lucked out and only had to wait 30 minutes.

I started out with an interesting Plum Wine Bellini and everyone else seemed to enjoy their drink selections. At the suggestion of our waiter, who was overly detailed about explaining the menu, we just chose to share everything.

We started with the Pretzel Pork & Chive Dumplings because we saw them on tv and they were pretty standard, but still tasty. Then onto the Kale Salad which got mixed reviews at the table because some people like raw kale, which this was, and others do not. The ponzu dressing did give it an interesting flavor. After that we had one of my favorite dishes, the Warm Soba Noodles. The noodles were cooked perfectly and I liked mixing it with the black sesame spread on the side of the bowl. It maybe could have used more broth, but I could have just eaten this.

For the main dishes, we had the Korean Fried Chicken and the Whole Roasted Branzino as well as a side of the #369 vegetable of the day (roasted brussel sprouts) and the Shrimp Egg Foo Yung Fried rice. The Branzino was cooked perfectly and came with thin crepes so you could make a sort of fish taco. I just enjoyed eating it with the dill that was on the platter. The rice was also cooked just right - very moist and flavorful. I was not a huge fan of the chicken, which could have been more moist and was served with a spicy sauce. The brussel sprouts were overwhelmingly spicy to me and I passed them over to my husband who loved them. I guess I'm a wuss, but the flavors underneath were great and I really wanted to eat them!

If you can get in, this restaurant is worth a visit although there is no shortage of excellent eateries in the Slope.

Visited November 2012
Dallas, Texas
“very good Brooklyn restaurant in a sea of very good Brooklyn restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Talde definitely lived up to the hype currently being bestowed upon it. My dining partner and I shared the Saigon crepes, the warm soba noodles, and the Korean fried chicken. All were delicious and presented well. The wine selections are quite good, and there are a few bargains here and there. For my money, I like the ambiance, menu, and better value of the owner's original place down the street, the Thistle Hill Tavern. However, if you want to see what all the hype is about and want a more upscale dining experience without breaking the bank, Talde is well worth a visit.

• Visited October 2012
New York, NY
“Vibrant flavors, fun small plates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Loved my meal here. Lots of big bold flavors on served on small plates. Highlights were the shrimp toast, brussels sprouts, Long Island Fluke and fried dumplings. Very good tap selection and fun wine list. Halo halo for dessert. Friendly and timely service. Arrive early to beat the crowd. This definitely lives up to the hype.

• Visited October 2012
Urbana, Illinois
“Terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Long Island Fluke was my favorite!!! Hawaiian bread buns -Filipino pork sausage- were great! We also had roasted beets, smoked char siu pork shoulder, and wok charred ribeye, roasted cauliflower, and fried Brussels sprouts. All was wonderful. We ordered several things and all got a plate to share. A bit spicy. Service was excellent.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere