“"Amazing Birthday!"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Akwaaba Mansion Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brooklyn
Akwaaba Mansion Bed & Breakfast
You added Akwaaba Mansion Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
347 MacDonough Street, Brooklyn, NY 11233   |
Ranked #8 of 58 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“"Amazing Birthday!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Akwaaba Inn - Brooklyn to celebrate my birthday. OMG --- It was AMAZING! My friend and I were met with such warm and inviting energy. The architecture and complementing decorations were incredible! The staff was extremely attentive and accommodating, especially Erica. She made certain that everything was to my liking for my special day. The location is ideally close to the subway (three blocks) and affords a quick train ride to Manhattan. The bonus was having the opportunity to join the other guests at breakfast for wonderful food, conversation, and laughter! It was one the best birthdays I have ever had. Thank you immensely!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Glenn and Monique run a truly wonderful oasis in Bed-Sty. Apart from the place, the rooms and the breakfast (all first rate B&B) there is the attitude and the care. We had a medical emergency while staying here, and Glenn and manager Erica moved heaven and earth to help. Without them a crisis would have been a disaster. There is pure hospitality skill at work at Akwaaba, the kind that is rare to find - no matter how much you pay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at Akwaaba Inn, Brooklyn with my husband and baby this Spring and it was absolutely wonderful. I couldn't believe that we could stay somewhere so luxurious, especially in New York. The architecture and decoration are grand, refined and harmonious. Monique, Glen and Erica made our stay comfortable and easy, and breakfast was delicious! It is a serene and remarkable place.

There was a stained glass window in our bedroom with a blossoming grand magnolia tree outside. We slept under a canopy of lace and church bells rang in the day. There was a huge jacuzzi and silk dressing gowns. It was so beautiful that we were enticed to stay longer at Akwaaba than explore the streets of New York!
The location is convenient, near A train subway. The street is superb and I liked the area which is a strange mix of grandeur and regeneration.
It was also a pleasure to meet the other guests during the breakfast. Again, I would never have imagined that I would stay in such a friendly place in New York!

Unforgettable and exquisite. Thank you

Room Tip: Jumping the Room is magical. All of the hotel is exceptionally beautiful. (No swimming pool, but...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Yes I agree with the other reviewers that this place is full of antiques. Some are broken, like the chandelier in our room and the floors in our bathroom. Is that the beauty of antiques?
Anyways the hosts are great and the breakfasts come with protein, not continental and it is beautifully presented. They should actually put pictures of their breakfasts on their web site.

We have been at many b&b s around the world and its always the hosts that can make or break it. The hosts here make it worthwhile.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street and it was noisy, kids fighting loudly till midnight and early morning com...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Wow what an amazing, stunning and wonderful place!!
We were greeted by Glen, the owner, he was sooooooo nice, when he saw my boyfriend had difficulties to walk, he took our heavy pieces of luggage and took them upstairs himself. Then he showed us the room. Ah, the room... Jumping the Broom suite..
Beautiful, full of light, stunning bathroom, smelling of wood. with many stunning decoration details.
The breakfasts (cooked according to your tastes) were each morning different, delicious and scrumptious.
The house itself is beautiful, in a great safe and quiet neighborhood. You'll never believe you're in New York when you come back to such a nice and calm place.

We only have one regret: to stay only 3 nights. Next time we're in NYC, we'll be back at Akwaaba!

Room Tip: we loved Jumping the Broom but I think the others are just as nice!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a great weekend staying at this historic B&B in the Bed-Stuy area of Brooklyn. The hosts are wonderful and made my business-weekend very comfortable. I stayed in the "Jumping the Broom" bedroom which, like the entire house, is filled with antiques and decorated beautifully. The en-suite bathroom has a large hot-tub as well as a walk-in shower. The house, built in the 1800's, is in good shape considering the multiple owners it has had over the years. It exudes with character!

The host (Glenn) prepared wonderful full breakfasts for the guests, served in the immaculately-appointed formal dining room. The neighborhood is pretty nice and I felt safe walking to the end of the block to Peaches Restaurant for dinner. The area was relatively quiet and I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with the other guests during breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Fort Washington, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

The service was excellent as well as the location, me and my husband enjoyed our anniversary weekend there. We stayed in the black memorabilia room which had a nice sized jet tub that was excellent for relaxing, we'll definitely be going back!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Akwaaba Mansion Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!