“A Trip To The Past” 5 of 5 stars

Brooklyn, New York
11 attraction reviews
“A Trip To The Past”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Jane's Carousel was lovingly restored over the course of years and is now an anchor in the burgeoning Brooklyn Bridge Park waterfront. Cased in glass, it can be enjoyed in all seasons -- a wonderful feature -- while the caliope and up-and-down horses are a treat for all ages.

Visited August 2012

Delaware
41 attraction reviews
“Retro Family Fun, and Cheap!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Jane's Carousel is a beautifully restored classic 'old-timer', located just below the Brooklyn Bridge on Brooklyn's side. It is a fun, family, and price-friendly ("Two Bucks to Pony Up") excursion for NYC visitors, especially those with young (or young at heart) children. As grandparents, we enjoyed our ride with grandchildren (11 to 18), their parents and an aunt and uncle visiting from London. NOTE: Do check for opening days and hours... they vary seasonally. The glassed-in enclosure both protects the 'horses' and their riders from inclement weather/winds, so this can be fun even on less than sunny days. Also, consider sharing a pizza before or after at nearby Grimaldi's (see review); we did, and really enjoyed our post-ride treat.

glasgow
“I loved this! I researched it before I visited and was determined to see it during my trip to NYC.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Sadly we arrived after 6pm, not realising it closes early in the fall. We did however, get to see a wedding party having their photographs taken. This was a close second to actually riding! I took some beautiful photographs of the gloriously lit carousel with the Brooklyn Bridge and sunset in the background. Perfect.

Nashville, Tennessee
62 attraction reviews
“Just like 50 years ago”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

A beautifully restored carousel that reminded me of my childhood. Good views and wonderfully carved antique animals on the ride. Everyone was smiling.

10 attraction reviews
“VERY PLEASANT EXPERIENCE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I rode on Jane's Carousel in Brooklyn Bridge Park today. It is an old carousel, completely restored, with calliope music and wonderfully painted horses. It is beautiful and a long enough ride. My only complaint is that the outside horses are stationery. I would have liked the stationery horses on the inside! (The two inside rows go up and down.) I enjoyed my ride though (I am forever young). And it's only $2.00!

Visited August 2012