We stayed here on 13th to 17th Sept. The location of the hotel actually is not too bad because it is very close to a subway station, i.e. only 10 minutes walk across the bridge. There is a unique and stylish taxi taking hotel guests to almost anywhere within 1 km (hope I remember correctly). That was convenient e.g. buying some groceries in a nearby supermarket.
Staff was very helpful and friendly, too. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. So what were the problems?
1. the air conditioners in the bedroom and the living room were very noisy. It was so noisy that one could hardly go sleep when they were turned on.
2. there was some work carried out on the roof and that was right in front of the room where we were staying. We heard hammering in the morning and that lasted for hours. The hotel management did not inform us of the work. After checking with the reception, the building next door was going through some renovation and would eventually become part of the hotel. It was quite shocking to actually see someone carrying out heavy duty tools doing work right in front of your doors and windows with no warnings.
3. The toilet once flushed would not stop refiling. The water just kept on dripping until you did the magical touch on the knob to get it to stop. That was annoying especially at night.
4. False alarm went off on one morning. No one knew what happened. When we heard the alarm go off, the question was should we leave the building or should we not. A woman next door was also standing in the corridor scratching her head. Management should have taken reasonable actions to inform guests what was happening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the industrial chic area of North Greenpoint in Brooklyn, The Box House Hotel features contemporary lofts and suites with large windows. The Box House offers comfortable self-catering accommodations with extensive hotel facilities. Each apartment-style accommodation at The Box House Hotel is styled with bright colors, hardwood floors, antiques and contemporary art. Select rooms have a terrace and views of Midtown Manhattan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, EasyToBook, Stentorian NV, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your The Box House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.