“good experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of IHG Army Hotels Fort Hamilton

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brooklyn
IHG Army Hotels Fort Hamilton
You added IHG Army Hotels Fort Hamilton to your Saves list
107 Schum Ave, ** Military / DoD only **, Brooklyn, NY 11252   |
westerville ohio
“good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at Ft. Hamilton and the rooms we very clean and no evidence of bed bugs, the staff was very friendly and the breakfast was very good, i think the only problem i had since i was there on the weekend, i asked where the GYM was and was given the directions, but the staff didn't know that the Gym opens up at 10 am on the weekends and it was 8am when i went there and they were closed, otherwise a good time there

Retire Master Sergeant
Vince Luberto

Room Tip: Don't park too close to the front of the curb when you pull in if you have a low front grill on...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hershey, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

My husband was recently assigned to Fort Hamilton, and I often join him on his Reserve weekends. I was skeptical about the quality of the accommodations, but thankfully was pleasantly suprised. Although I heard from others that Fort Hamiliton Inn was nice in the past, it is now run by Holiday Inn Express who did a substantial recent refurbishing. I was told that all the furniture in the room, even the mattresses, were all less than one month old. This was good to hear, as I am very paranoid about bedbugs, especially in NYC.

My husband enjoyed the morning complimentary breakfast and the always-available coffee and tea in the lobby was very tasty. The commissary is RIGHT BEHIND the hotel, which is amazingly convenient! The PX is also just a short walk away.

The front desk staff were nice and helpful, but I did experience a problem regarding a late checkout...evidently, if you are a Reservist staying there for your drill weekend and are a member of the Holiday Inn Priority club, you cannot ask for the 2:00 late check out...the best you can ask for is 12:00pm. My husband was initially given incorrect information by one of the front desk staff, and I received a phone call at 12:45pm inquiring why I was not checked out and was asked to vacate the roon as soon as possible (the person was fairly understanding, though).

The neighborhood of Bay Ridge around the base is very nice...many little shops and restaurants to explore. The only bad thing about the location of the base is the distance from the closest subway stop and the lengthy train ride (~45min) to get into Manhattan.

I am actually looking forward to my next stay there!

Room Tip: My husband experienced some noise from the Verrazano Bridge on a previous visit, so you may want to...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to IHG Army Hotels Fort Hamilton? Share your experiences!