“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo

You added Hotel Indigo to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   229 Duffield St, Brooklyn, NY 11201 (Formerly Hotel 718)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Brooklyn
Arlington, Virginia
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Opened in August 2012. Small rooms, but well appointed. Room was clean and quiet. Queen bed was comfortable. Friendly, helpful staff. Emerging neighborhood, but safe walking at night. Easy walk to good restaurants on on Smith Street. Easy walk Borough Hall MTA stop for access to Manhattan or other parts of Long Island.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
888JasonD, General Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience at Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. I will share your feedback with our team, as they will be delighted to hear this from you.

Please feel free to contact me direct for future accommodations.

Jason D’Agostino- General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed in the two bedroom and loved every minute of it! Staff was outstanding and very helpful. Close to a subway stop and even closer to Junior's Cheesecake. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

We at the Hotel Indigo appreciate your feedback. Our convenient location offers spectacular views which you have noted.

Feel free to contact me direct for future reservations.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was easy to find and within walking distance of my meeting near Barclay's Center. I had some trouble getting the rate I requested at booking, because the front desk staff at checkin and checkout were not authorized to change the reservation and there was no manager on duty. When I finally got in touch with a manager she was extremely attentive and handled the situation impeccably. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
888JasonD, General Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to share your great experiences here at the Hotel Indigo Brooklyn.

Feel free to contact us directly for future reservations.

Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I was thoroughly impressed with the staff from check in until check out. They were very professional and nothing like the ore negative reviews stated. The rooms were quite tiny compared to other hotels I've stayed in, in the past; however the cleanliness and chic-ness of Asian styled rooms impressed me and my daughter alot!! The shower was fabulous and the only complaint I had was I could not comfortably stand at the sink and brush my teeth, I had to stand sideways, but I was still able too. I like the fact that there is a restaurant and bar onsite so you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner if you choose not to eat out. The food is SCRUMPTIOUS and so are the libations!! You should stay here as it is a wonderful experience and the construction was not as horrible as reviewers stated (and I am a very light sleeper!)

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Our team and I truly appreciate you sharing your experiences here at the Hotel Indigo Brooklyn.
Feel free to contact us directly for future reservations.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great location for meetings at Brooklyn Tabernacle. Loved the decor, friendly helpful staff. Room was miniature but had everything we needed. Not a 5 because the maid "missed" our room and we had to ask for clean linens.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,

As the new General Manager of the Hotel Indigo Brooklyn, I want to thank you for staying with us.

I have reviewed your comment regarding Housekeeping and will look into this personally.

Please contact me direct for any other questions or future reservations.

West Sand Lake, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Neighborhood: This Hotel Indigo is in a busy, bussling, eclectic location. There is lots of stores for shopping, including a Macy's just a block away. There are many places to eat, including chain restaurants, small specialty food shops and a Brooklyn favorite, Juniors-which is known for their delicious cheesecakes is two blocks away. There is some construction going on but just ask staff to put you on the other side of the building where you can't hear it, I'm sure they would be more than happy to honor your request. This hotel is also walking distance from the Brooklyn Bridge. You can walk over the bridge to the Manhattan side if you wanted exercise or just to see the great views. The hotel is also close to most main subway stations. The closest is the 3 and 2 train, which can have you in Manhattan in just two stops.

Staff and Hotel Common Areas: When I arrived at the hotel the Guest Services Manager, Ms. Christol Keane was standing at the front desk greeting guest at they arrived. She was very nice and recognized my Platinum membership immediately, which I thought was awesome! The young lady that checked me in was also very nice as well, I was upgraded and put in one of the King suites on the 19th floor. Before I talk about the room, I must state that the check-in area was very chic and well designed. The color scheme was very nice, with a couple of big chairs for folks that were waiting. They even had Sparkling Cider and glasses for guests to help themselves-a very nice touch! They also have a bar called the Brewhouse, they are open til 4 am on weekends and 2 am during the week. I went there and the bartender and other staff was great, including the food.

Room: I absolutely loved my room! The color scheme was black/ white/grey and red-very romantic. I had a king bed (everything was plush and comfy) and the room could be sectioned off from the living room. The couch had a pullout bed, which my father used and thought was comfortable. The bathroom was very large and impeccably clean. There was even a small kitchen and desk area for doing work. There was two televisions, one in the bedroom and another in the living room. Down the hall from my room was the terrace, there was tables and chairs and if the weather were better I would have definitely taken advantage of it. It would be a perfect place for having a drink and gazing at the amazing skyline.

From my review I think you can I loved this hotel. It's very close to Manhattan and easy to get to, so people from out of town won't feel like staying there is out of the way to all the major tourist locations. last but not least a small detail that I thought was nice, right next door to the hotel was the Planet Fitness Gym, it is open very late and the bright lights totally illuminate the street, so when returning from a late night out you don't feel like you are walking down a creepy dark street.

Room Tip: The higher the better. Try to request a room on the opposite side of Duffield Street, where there is...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property with fellow travelers.

As noted by you and other travelers, our location is ideal for travel into Manhattan.
I will share your feedback with our team, specifically your comments regarding our Guest Service Manager.

With service as a TOP priority, it is wonderful to hear such experiences. Please contact us directly for your future visits to the area.

Sandefjord, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We chose to stay in Brooklyn mainly because the price was cheaper than in Manhattan (Easter week-end). After we had stayed at two not-extraordinary hotels in NY and Washington this holiday, we were really surprised when we arrived. Very cool boutique hotel. Brand new. Fancy lobby. Very welcoming staff. The room was extremely elegant and modern. (11th floor) Great bed with good duvet. Slept really well. The bathroom was supermodern.
We had breakfast around the corner. Good american place with good prices. But it would be an advantage if the hotel served breakfast.
I missed a hairdryer in the bathroom and the coffee-maker in the room did not work.
As the hotel did not have their own parking, we used the valet parking they offered. Very convenient and easy when we arrived - but the next morning we had to wait 40 minutes for them to pick up the car. Very unsatisfying!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
888JasonD, Social Media Intern at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review. We sincerely apologize for the

inconvenience that you experienced during your staying. However, we appreciate that you

enjoyed your accommodation.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Best regards,

Chelsea – Social Media Intern

Been to Hotel Indigo? Share your experiences!