“Not the best hotel in the city, but it worked for me!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 58 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
Charlotte, NC
“Not the best hotel in the city, but it worked for me!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed there for two nights in August of 2012. The first night I was with another person, the second night I was alone. Even though the hotel is in the middle of nowhere, I felt very safe. My room had been recently renovated and it was pretty nice. It was very clean. Continental breakfast was not bad at all. Cereal, bagels, toast, muffins, donuts and a waffle maker with two different flavors. This hotel really is in the middle of nowhere, getting to the closest train station is hard as it is pretty far and you have to go under a highway something I would never do alone. They do have a free shuttle service to the train station where you can get the F and the G trains. I had to wait 20 minutes for the shuttle though. Once we left, getting to the train station only took about 5 minutes. Customer service was alright. One of the receptionists was polite but not friendly at all. The ladies that were there at night were much friendlier.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Worst experience ever! They called me 30mins before arrival to tell me my room been overbooked and given away to someone else. Moved us to another Comfort Inn near LGA 30 mins away without any compensation. And got split up from my other parties staying at that hotel. They even have the audacity to ask me to fit 5 ppl in a 1-bed guest room. I made my reservation 2 weeks before arrival and they could have the courtesy to notify me days before arrival if their hotel is overbook, not after the room is given away.

Great job Comfort Inn Brooklyn Cruise Terminal!!!

I like to applaud the hotel staff at Comfort Inn LaGuardia for their fine work on handling a frustrated customer after their ordeal with Comfort Inn Brooklyn Cruise Terminal and making sure we have a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure they don't give away your room.
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

First of all, we didn't even get to stay at the hotel. We got a call at 8pm on our check-in day that there's a problem with the room we booked so it wasn't available anymore. We found out that the hotel was actually overbooked! 2 reservations and they only arranged a transfer for one of the rooms. The hotel staff was not helpful at all even though it was their fault. Each Comfort Inn is individually owned and this hotel simply transferred their guests without considering people's commuting issues, not to mention they didn't try their best to accommodate and compensate for their careless mistakes once the problem is off their hands. I will NEVER book with a hotel with this poor and unprofessional management.

Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Just a warning to groups trying to book this hotel that they do not honor their contract. Four months after signing a contract and after calling for 3 days to make payment, our group was relocated to Flushing. Very poor customer service!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Celebration, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night at beginning of August. We booked it through booking.com for only $70 a night. the booking site sucked... they added rooms and nites when we only booked one night... The hotel on the other hand was great. the service was perfect, they were really knowlegable about the neighborhood and really helpful when we wanted to go out. the rooms were a little small but the beds were soft and clean. the bathroom was clean and the hotel is well kept. Understanding that the neighborhood used to be one of the worse in New york several years ago but since they built a police station across the street from the hotel it has been well cleaned up. The breakfast was that of a 4 star setting. fresh waffles and a wide selection of danishes, muffins, and cereal. My wife and kids enjoyed the one night stay and it was perfect for us. We would stay here again.. for the price it was well worth it... compared to the 1 stay hotels in manhattan going for $300 a night...

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I was told by an angry, unfriendly person who answered the phone that I had booked two reservations, when I intended to only book one, and that I would be charged for both rooms, and no manager was available until monday (this was friday). Moreover, Choice Hotels guest services told me the same, was also unwilling to help solve this, and that I would be charged for both rooms. Interestingly, when my bank and I called Choice Hotels to dispute the charges, that supervisor did not find two reservations in my name, and did not understand why I was double charged. I received all my money back, but it should never have gone that far. I will never willingly stay at a Choice Hotel facility in the future.

Stayed July 2012
Clifton Park, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Our son attends college in NYC, and I didn't want to spend $$$$ staying in Manhattan, so I looked around for a reasonable place, and one with parking, since that is such a MAJOR hassle in NYC. At first, I thought the area where this hotel is situated was a little too rough, almost scary. But after staying there I discovered that the Red Hook area of Brooklyn is an up and coming neighborhood with many nice features. For one, it is just a short distance to the wharf area where you have a beautiful view of the Statue of Liberty and can see the Staten Island Ferry crossing. There is a huge produce market at that spot on the wharf. True, there are some low-income projects nearby, but I wouldn't say I was put off by that. Not too far away is a nice neighborhood -- Court Street, if I remember -- that has nice restaurants, etc.This Red Hook neighborhood certainly is a mixture of many things. Now, for the hotel ... I could not have been more pleased. It was very, very clean and is almost brand new. Room was great. Had a view of Manhattan. Had plenty of parking. Had very nice breakfast in the AM plus free Wall Street Journal. Had a nice chat with the manager when I checked out, and he told me more about the neighborhood and plans they have for the hotel. Really nice guy. I appreciated his help. Would definitely stay there again. Much prefer this to getting ripped off royally in Manhattan.

Room Tip: Maybe a higher floor for a better view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn Brooklyn Cruise Terminal? Share your experiences!