“Pictures can be too flattering” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   139 33rd Street, Brooklyn, NY 11232   |
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bonanjo
“Pictures can be too flattering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Was in NY and wanted something different from the usual Hilton and other names. So I hit the web for highly rated hotels - finally settled on Hotel BPM because it's near my friend's place; the pictures looked great and the reviews were awesome.

Arrival was a shock. Hotel was on a kind of industrial street with auto-shops, etc. It was disappointing. Not a place you want to take a romantic stroll in the evening. The room didn't look as nice as the pictures I saw (what was I expecting?). The type of feeling you get when your date doesn't look as cool as she looked when you first met on Facebook.

But the guys at the front desk were simply amazing. My fifth floor room was cold, couldn't figure out the heater. Got the tech to come check and he said it's OK. I felt, maybe I was going looney. By the second day I couldn't take it anymore, apparently the tech was looney because the heater was bad. I was effortlessly moved to another room.

Room service was prompt and fantastic. The shower wasn't strong enough - It rained like a drizzle.

I could come back again not because of the location but the friendliness of the front desk and the fact that you get good music all day long.

Overall I would score them 8 over 5 for good service. Irrespective of everything, the service made all the difference to me.

Room Tip: The street facing rooms have better views.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Greek first
Clifton Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I really loved our room (307). We had two super comfortable queen (maybe full?) beds with very fresh, nice sheets. The decor was cool and I liked the speaker system. The hotel has it's own station and you can request songs when you book. Breakfast was odd (they had 2 warm options and apparently bagels which we did not know about), but it was ok and included. Price was an absolute steal. Very convenient to Manhattan, Brooklyn Museum, Botanic Garden, easy subway ride to Queens.

Room Tip: Our room was right next to the elevator and it was fine (just a low hum) but I would choose a room a...

Barrington, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Nice, clean room with comfortable beds and nice shower that was a great value for the price. Easy walk to subway, with 15-20 minutes into Manhattan at off-peak times, however can be much longer at peak. Very helpful staff. Breakfast included--the days we were there they had several options (french toast, egg/cheese/bacon bowl, bagels, cereal) made to order in kitchen. Neighborhood fine, felt safe but nothing special.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelBPM, General Manager at Hotel BPM - Brooklyn, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Hello Kristie P,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel BPM Brooklyn. I am very happy to hear that our staff was very helpful as we try to each guest the personal attention you deserve. Thank you also you mentioning how safe our neighborhood, I know many guests are use to the flashy New York they see on TV where here we like to think we offer more of a local experience encouraging guests to explore the great things Brooklyn has to offer such as Prospect Park. We look forward to having you as a guest with us again and hopefully earning a 5 star next time around.

Hotel BPM General Manager
Mirabel, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Lobby smell like someone drop too much of bathroom air fresheners. Really, its disturbing! Too much perfume everywhere. For a «green» hotel, its quite surprising…

The room is good size for NY! Clean, hip, good bed and all stuff you need to have is there. But, its very noisy, you hear everything from the other room ( trust me…) and everything that happens in the hall.

I went to the bar to have a glass of white wine. It was hot. Undrinkable.

Breakfast is included… Well… I dont call that a breakfast. Its a joke, Really. See the picture (it was egg and beacon plate. the other choice was french toast) No fruit. Nothing else that that. Come on, can we have a banana and a green apple? So be aware, if you go there with kids, they will cry in front of their breakfast!

Its my second time in Brooklyn, 10th time in NY. I know I can find better next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rebecca R, Manager at Hotel BPM - Brooklyn, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
I suppose in this case too much of a good thing was bad, however, since your comment we have lowered our air freshener setting. Most of our guests compliment us on our air freshener which is why we were never shy about turning it to the max. I am glad you were able to enjoy you room, we would like to think our rooms provide just enough space to keep our guests comfortable. I am sorry if you were misinformed but we always have a choice of bagels and cereal on top of whatever hot item we offer, along with a choice of coffee, tea or juice, there is always more than just two choices when it comes to our complimentary breakfast. Fortunately we have been able to incorporate more fruit with our full breakfast menu. If you ever decide to give us another chance I am sure we will have a lot more goods the second time around.
Springfield, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

High hopes for this hotel, but it was disappointing on many levels. First, the parking lots were full of ice and snow. It was slippery and dangerous. Charging $20 to park outdoors and posting a sign that hotel will not guarantee security of vehicles is ridiculous. Check in was smooth, but elevators were very slow. Food from previous guest was left in the fridge and hair tie left in guest book. Hotels have carpeting to muffle sound. Not this one. Bare floors in the room. We were awakened and kept awake by amorous neighbors from 2:30-4:00 am. Activities continued at 8:30 am. Breakfast was sub par. Coffee was terrible, food not much better. Staff member was loud and obnoxious, trying to be funny. We will not be returning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rebecca R, Manager at Hotel BPM - Brooklyn, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
I am sorry your stay was a disappointment; we have made a lot of improvements in terms of the snow removal equipment so fortunately issues like ice will no longer affect our guests. Although we cannot hold ourselves accountable for any incidences that may happen in our lot we are equipped with 4 cameras giving 24hour surveillance of every corner of the parking lot. We are always more than prepared to render any incriminating footage to the proper authorities if anything were to happen. I am very sorry about the issues with your room the Director of Housekeeping and I are working diligently with his staff to ensure that mishaps like this do not continue to happen. We hope to be working on our noise issue soon by installing sound proof doors to all of our rooms. As far as our breakfast area we are always testing out new coffee and selections until we find guest favorites. Once again I am sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay with us but we sincerely appreciate your feedback and will work on each and every issue so thank you for your candor. Through all of the improvements we are working on I know if you ever decided to give us a second chance you would be pleasantly surprised. If you have any more questions or concerns please feel free to message me.
boston, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is, of course, not a 5 star hotel, but you wouldn't know this by the quality of the staff. Every person we encountered was authentically warm and helpful. The room was similar to European rooms, small and modern with a creative use of a small space. As Americans, we become accustomed to large hotel rooms, but we were absolutely fine with our comfortable bed, great channel selections, storage space, but most importantly the cleanliness of the room and bathroom. The free breakfast was great! We just needed a quick stopover, but would certainly stay again for a longer visit to NYC and Brooklyn.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rebecca R, Manager at Hotel BPM - Brooklyn, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to review us! Customer Service is one of our main focuses here at Hotel BPM, we want to be able to share our positive energy with all of our guests. I am excited to see that the staff was able to leave such a good impression during your short stay. We appreciate someone as well traveled as you being familiar with our hotel’s design, our owner DJ Bijal has traveled to many countries in Europe and has definitely been influenced by their décor. Come visit us again and I know we can make your stay even better.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Excellent value for NY! Great interior décor - new, clean, modern. Service was great. Front desk staff very helpful; all staff very friendly. The little "bistro" on the lower level was nice to have for the happy hour as well as the complimentary breakfast. Quick cab service. Close to the train. Nice comfortable beds. Had difficulty adjusting the room temperature and Kuerig wasn't working however, it was nice having the in-room mini bar and snack tray with reasonable prices on the items.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Billie! It always fills me with so much pride when my staff is doing all they can to make a guests stay a great one. We will continue to work hard and improve so that you will have even more to celebrate on your next visit. If you have any questions or concerns please message me and let me know how I can be of assistance.

Been to Hotel BPM - Brooklyn? Share your experiences!