“A Hidden Little Gem” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Hidden Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My sister and I stayed here in October, and we both were pleasantly surprised. We didn't know what to expect initially, as we'd never heard of the hotel before. However, the staff was super friendly and very accommodating! The rooms were a bit small, but very clean. They even offered free breakfast and wait for it....wait for it....FREE DRINKS in the bar on the weekends...what a lovely unexpected surprise!!!!! I'd definitely recommend Hotel BPM to friends & family, and will definitely return whenever I'm in Brooklyn!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Greek first
Salford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Good location, close to subway (one or two blocks), although quite close to freeway so a bit noisy. Some finishings not quite up to the spec of a "boutique hotel" - perfectly nice but for the price it needs a bit more "oomph" and polish. The music gimmick was neither here nor there for us.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I got a great deal through Groupon for Hotel BPM, and was generally satisfied in what we got for the price. The room and bathroom were clean, furniture, linens were new and well-maintained. The people at the front desk were very nice, and quick to respond to requests. The location -- as many have mentioned -- is less than ideal, but it's easy enough to use the train. Cabs were pretty scarce though. Also, for a hotel themed around acoustics and sound, the walls were pretty thin... We were awoken around 6am on Sunday to the sounds of laughter and shouting from teh hallways, as other guests returned from nights out. The noise level was higher than would have been expected, in part because the walls lacked sound insulation. The other strange thing was the random smells of cigarette smoke. We came back to our room on our first day, and it reeked of smoke -- I actually was nervous that I might be charged, since I'd signed off specifically on a form about the no-smoking policy at check-in. We smelled it again when we heard noise in the hallways, so it may have been other guests... Overall, for the money, I was very contented with the experience at Hotel BPM considering the price I got through Groupon, but am not sure I would stay again at the standard price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Chicago IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Each time we have visited NY we have enjoyed our visits as we travel here frequently with this hotel as the exception. We stayed one night although room rate was reasonable - cancellation policy was very strict even minutes after the 4PM deadline with no flexibility.
Had the most unpleasant experience trying to cancel our reservation when we learned we would need to drive farther than we expected for our family evening outing. We attempted to cancel our reservation but was unsuccessful. The off site manager never spoke to us communicating only via email to the front desk clerk. Yikes! But later that evening took the time to write a long very winded email explaining why we would not be refunded any of our money if we cancelled our reservation. However the rooms do offer a great sound system and we enjoyed the morning java. Noise level was high from both inside and outside traffic.
The hotel staff that was present was very nice and pleasant.

Room Tip: Noise level high from inside of rooms both at day and night from outside and next door guests. Try...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I thought the hotel was spectacular. The location of the hotel was in a great place very close to the 36th St train station. Neighborhood seemed very laid back & safe. The staff was AWESOME id give them a 10 if possible. The free breakfast isn't what u normally get for free. Normally u have to pay for that type of grub.

• Stayed November 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

It's comfortable, the staff is young, cool and friendly. The vibe feels like home and te neighborhood has great Mexican food. The subway takes you right into Atlantic and the city is just a heartbeat away. HotelBPM is where I will book my Brooklyn stays from now on...

• Stayed October 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

To begin with, Brooklyn is a somewhat unusual place. It's really changing decididly for the better...but that doesn't take away the fact that it's not like going to visit say any other city in the U.S. it's size.
On my recent trips to Brooklyn I have stayed in Brooklyn Heights.once at the Sheraton and once almost next door at a new hotel that was, I think, owned by the Sheraton.
Both times I paid about $185.00 per night.
For my recent stay, the rates at both of these places was considerably higher,not worth it in my view, so I sought out an alternative. I'm satisfied that I did not make a mistake.
I got a rate of $216. which I thought was very fair.
The BPM hotel is new, well designed and maintained, and staffed by cheerful people. Rooms, though small, are very nicely furnished and comfortable. The bed was great with very nice bedding.
Free, open though limited bar from 10:00 until 2:00 was a feature previously unheard of by me.
The hotel is only a 5 minute walk to the subway which makes the location very convenient.
It's the neighborhood that is gloomy and unwelcoming. It's the kind of environment that is somewhat dark with few places that I would have wanted to walk to at night. Although one night I did come back by subway about 9:00 pm without any iccident at all.
If you are comfortable with the neighborhood, you'll love the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel BPM - Brooklyn? Share your experiences!