“Salted Crack Caramel and more” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 4,515 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Ice Cream
New York City, New York
“Salted Crack Caramel and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I went here recently with my friend who has lived in Brooklyn for more than 15 years. This place is extremely popular, my friend knew I would have a hard time choosing so he handed me the plastic laminated menu so I could figure out what I wanted. I had to read the descriptions because the names are so creative it’s hard to decide based on the name alone. The I tried the Salted Crack Caramel, “Salted butter caramel ice cream with pieces of Deb's famous crack cookies (saltines, butter, sugar, chocolate).” It was out of this world amazing! Your taste buds will be delighted by the interplay of sweetness and saltiness paired with the occasional crunchiness and it’s opposite - the smoothness of rich ice cream. I ordered one scoop in a cup. We sat at the white marble top counter on round stools while we ate our ice cream. It was an excellent location to people watch too. They use fresh, local and mostly organic ingredients and you can definitely taste the difference compared to your average grocery store ice creams. I had walked more than two miles around Brooklyn earlier in the day so I could justify treating myself to a rich dessert.

This creamery is so special, I know you’ll be hearing more about them in the future as word of mouth begins to spread. An absolute must place to visit in Brooklyn, I highly recommend it.

• Visited July 2011