“Cheers to the McCarren” 5 of 5 stars
Review of McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels

You added McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels to your Saves list
McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 N 12th St, Brooklyn, NY 11249 (Formerly King & Grove Williamsburg)   |
Special Offer
Breakfast in Bed
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Cheers to the McCarren”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Two thumbs up! This place is great. Location is top notch. Very clean and comfortable beds. But what really set this place apart was their service. Super friendly, knowledgable and quick on the spot to my needs. There was one employee in particular, Johnny Tapley. He noticed I was flying solo that weekend and totally took care of me. Checking up on me to make sure I was having a great time and even walking me up Bedford Ave. to show me his favorite restaurants and bars. My stay would have been fine with out that but totally made my trip an awesome expierence! Stay there if you can and if your lucky enough to meet Johnny, pick his brain. This guy knew the town inside out. Thanks to McCarren and big thanks to Johnny for making my trip f***ing awesome!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Johnny and Toni once again assisted in making our experience at McCarren absolutely delightful! McCarren is our favorite place to stay in NYC/Brooklyn, and we'll never stay anywhere else again. Perfect location, friendly and helpful staff. We love it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great friendly hotel. All the front desk is genuinely helpful and talkative. I booked with hotwire and it was a nightmare -Alberto at the desk was able to sort out the problem and even provided his contact info to help me with future reservations. I plan to come back and see how the pool season is. Thanks Alberto!

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

I'm a big fan of boutique hotels. They just seem to care more. But, NY hotels can be hit and miss (no offense) no matter how expensive they are. Many are so old that the rooms can't help but feel a lil grimy. So, I was even more pleasantly surprised to see a new hotel in the middle of Williamsburg. I know there's some controversy over new buildings changing the aesthetic of the old city, but I think there's definitely a balance to be struck. The McCarren Hotel handles the intersection with class and style.

Simple design makes the room feel spacious. The barroom sink is small and probably not the best for face washing, but the whole bathroom is wet friendly, so it doesn't matter. I had a view of the pool and the apartments across the way. The gap made you feel like you could breathe and I hope the never fill it in. Space is limited, making this one a nice gem.

If I'd seen the rooftop bar on my first night there, I'd have spent every night there. The view. The service. And again, the open space.

The staff was cool as hell. Especially the guys who checked me in. I wish I could remember their names because they really made me feel welcome. Within 20 minutes of my arrival, I was on a complimentary bike making my way around Brooklyn.

This is probably my favorite NYC hotel to date. I'll definitely be back. Thanks to Johnny and the awesome staff.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had such a good time at the McCarren last week. We started out at the Sky Lounge for a bite to eat and some refreshments. What a cute Moroccan style lounge. The staff went out of their way to give us anything we wanted - plus they were friendly and funny. The view was fabulous! Our rooms were modern and comfortable and I loved my breakfast. I forgot to mention the doorman - I think he would have been disappointed if we did not let him help with our luggage.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When I first checked in I had some issues with the room, but Alberto at the front desk was very accommodating gave me a new room and a discount! The second room was much nicer and I enjoyed my stay. This kind of prompt and professional service is not something I see much anymore especially in New York, and was greatly appreciated. I will definitely be coming back when it gets warmer to take advantage of the balconies and pool.

Room Tip: Go for a Balcony room over the Deluxe King if it is nice weather!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My friends & I came here to celebrate my sister's birthday. We were extremely satisfied with not only the cleanliness of the hotel but with the very friendly and hospitable staff.
I want to take a moment to thank Johnny, Jessica, Mihai and Michael. Each of them were very professional and still managed to create a warm and comfortable atmosphere for us.
I hope to return back in the summertime with my boyfriend for a weekend getaway :) Thanks very much!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Alistair M, General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review and recognizing the team on their stellar service and hospitality. I look forward to your return for our pool season. Check our homepage for an official opening date and passes.

All the best,
Alistair MacLean
alistair.maclean@chelseahotels.com

Been to McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels? Share your experiences!