“This hotel was a life-saver!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels

You added McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels to your Saves list
McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 N 12th St, Brooklyn, NY 11249 (Formerly King & Grove Williamsburg)   |
Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Brooklyn
Brooklyn, New York
“This hotel was a life-saver!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I recently stayed here for almost 3 weeks when my apartment was flooded (I actually live only a block away). Everyone, from the lovely breakfast staff, to the sweet cleaning lady who left me candy on Chinese New Year, to the extremely friendly and accommodating front desk staff, was absolutely wonderful. When I checked in I had no idea how long I'd have to stay, and I had to extend my reservation several times. The hotel staff was wonderful about letting me keep my room and figuring out how to arrange it so I could stay. Staying here was truly a solace during a very difficult time. Not only was the staff amazing, but my room was very comfortable and quiet. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located. Lots of restaurants, bars and shopping nearby. Rooms are spacious and quiet. The roof terrace has beautiful views of Manhattan. Michael at the front desk was very helpful at check in and the hotel staff was excellent. Highly recommend to eat or drink at their roof terrace!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

johnny was really great at helping us and also kinda gave us a verbal tour of the area and where to find the best restaraunts anf fun things to do not to mention the hotel has a awsome rooftop bar with views of the city.thanks again johnny see ya on our next trip

Room Tip: face the city
Green Features: very clean ,relaxing dim lightin but the roof can be sunny,yes the recycle everything
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really love this hotel is like my second home every-time I travel to NY. The location is very convenient and the hospitality is amazing. Jhonny and their staff are very professional and accommodating. Their restaurant and pool are 5 starts! My favorite hotel in Brooklyn by far! I will always go back to them :)
Thank you Jhonny for all your help!

Paola :)

Room Tip: best restaurant and pool in Brooklyn!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Used to live here many years ago, so when I go for work, I have a limited amount of time, and I want the best deal.
1. Location is the best: for walking to all my favorite shops, and then eating tons of delicious food, and then walking it off afterwards. If you need to get into the city, its so close to the L train its a joke! If you want to get deeper into brooklyn, like green point, or bushwick for more bars and more food, with the brooklyn taxi, its a $5-$10 ride.
2. Hotel itself is fairly priced, clean and cute as you can see from pictures, and is staffed with the friendliest folks, especially Johnny. He helped my husband and I with every need. Also their rooftop lounge is quiet and was a pleasant surprise. Its not as cool as the Wythe, but its also not nearly as crowded and "sceney". Perfect for low key drinks with a view.
By far my best stay in Brooklyn!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Brooklyn, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We enjoyed our stay and found it very well located. The hotel is too dark for my aesthetic but that is not a big deal.
There is one big problem which, must be dealt with, and that is that the lobby smells really bad
I was surprised that nobody apologized or mentioned it because it was quite extreme and lasted for our whole stay so it wasn't a one day issue.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Massapequa Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I love this hotel and especially it's staff. Really a gem of a location for all my needs when I stay in Brooklyn. Room service was great, my stay felt very relaxing. Had a fantastic time at Sheltered Sky, witch has beautiful view of the City and the park. Can't wait till the pool opens for the summer. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Johnny Tapley, who personally made sure I had everything I needed and was enjoying my stay. Becoming a personal favorite when it comes to spending the night in New York. Will certainly be back again soon.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Alistair M, General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the great review. We have a great team here that strives to create memorable experiences. I will surely pass on your feedback, as it is reviews like this that fuel our fire to continue to provide the unparalleled service and hospitality we have become known for. I look forward to your return.

All the best,
Alistair MacLean
alistair.maclean@chelseahotels.com

Been to McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels? Share your experiences!