“Pleasant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels

You added McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels to your Saves list
McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 N 12th St, Brooklyn, NY 11249 (Formerly King & Grove Williamsburg)   |
Special Deal
Breakfast On Us
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Brooklyn
“Pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I went for a few drinks and had some great libations thanks to TinTin (bartender) who was very attentive and creative, also some great laughs with host Johnny who took us to the lounge and was so kind to book us a room, definitely will recommend this little gem to friends.

• Stayed January 2015
Alistair M, General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will certainly commend Tin Tin and Johnny on a job well done. We look forward to your future stays with us.

alistair.maclean@chelseahotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I booked a room at the McCarren New Year's day after working a very long shift. Johnny took very good care of me and made sure everything was all set for when I arrived!

I was greeted by a very friendly staff that made the check in process quick and easy. The beds are extremely comfortable so I slept like a baby! I ordered room service in the morning from The Elm which arrived very quickly (get the breakfast potatoes!). A BIG plus for me is that check out is at 12pm! It's a beautiful hotel with very unique touches. I'm excited to go back in the summer and enjoy the pool!

If you want to stay in Brooklyn, I highly recommend staying at the McCarren!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Alistair M, General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for the excellent review and recommendation. I am thrilled to hear about your flawless experience and I look forward to extending a warm welcome during our pool season. Keep checking our page for an official opening date and to purchase passes.

Queens, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

If I get too maudlin here on this post people will think I'm pulling their chain but the fact is the staff there really made a positive impression. Being greeted by staff isn't something I take for granted and it may not always seem like a big deal but it is. I worked for a NY restaurant group for a few years and hospitality is a bona fide premium (besides that, I'm from New Orleans but I digress..) that does not come without a concerted effort by the people providing. On top of the relaxing vibe there, Alberto sent me my coat that I had left in the room after departure that the cleaning staff had found. Lucky me. Thanks, McCarren. See you soon and let me know if I can bring you down anything from Vermont the next time I visit.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The level of service and hospitality our staff provides is what helps us stand out from our competition. Alberto is our Assistant Front Office Manager and is a key player on the team. I will surely commend him on a job well done. I look forward to your return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Several members of our family stayed at the McCarren for a wedding weekend and we had a blast. Fun vibe throughout and excellent service. Especially enjoyed checking in with Jessica & Ralphy! Hope to return some day in the summer to enjoy pool scene.

• Stayed January 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience. Jessica and Ralphy are a key part of the team and I will surely commend them on a job well done. Our pool season starts in late May, keep checking our page for more information. I look forward to your return.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the McCarren this past weekend to celebrate my birthday. The staff could not have been more attentive. Toni at check in was very friendly and Johnny was fantastic! He went out of his way to make sure I had a great experience. The suite I had was spectacular, wish I could have spent more nights there. Thanks to Toni's suggestion, had a great lunch at Sweet Chick, check it out when you stay here. Look forward to visiting the pool scene in the summer!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank your for taking the time to share your great birthday experience. I will surely commend Toni and Johnny on a job well done. I look forward to extending a warm welcome in May when our pool season starts.

Youngstown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As said by other reviewers, the staff is exceptionally friendly and efficient, for the most part. The rooms are nice, with good linens and pillows. We had a room with a balcony which was nice to step out onto because the room is quite packed with furniture. I love the decor in the lobby and really look forward to returning so we can check out the outdoor area in the nicer weather. Great location.
The only issue we had is that we came back to the hotel one night with two other couples and sat at the downstairs bar thinking we would have a drink. A couple of employees were very close by, at the check-in desk and didn't acknowledge us or offer any service so we went around the corner for drinks. It was weird.
They offer a nice complimentary breakfast but the breakfast from the menu is quite pricey.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Alistair M, General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies that your experience at our lobby bar fell short of the standards we set. I will certainly be addressing this with the team. I am glad to hear that this did not spoil your entire experience and I hope to welcome you back in the near future so that we can deliver a flawless McCarren Hotel & Pool experience.

Colchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Checked in by a young guy at the front desk who did and excellent job of explaining the hotel and the surrounding area. We asked him about things to do and he reeled off places to go and things to do with great enthusiasm. We got in the elevator and met one of the maintainable guys. He introduced himself and genuinely said to have a great stay

Clean and modern, Nice sized rooms, large bathroom and shower. Huge bed! Tons of pillows.

Great hotel, Highly recommend.

PS, you gotta go to Sweet Chick for the fried Chicken a few blocks away. So trendy I'm surprised they let me in :-)

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience and recommending us. Our goal is to create a warm and welcoming environment for everyone from start to finish. I will surely commend the team for contributing to your excellent experience.

alistair.maclean@chelseahotels.com

Been to McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels? Share your experiences!