“Great boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels

You added McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels to your Saves list
McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 N 12th St, Brooklyn, NY 11249 (Formerly King & Grove Williamsburg)   |
Special Deal
Breakfast On Us
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Brooklyn
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Great boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Spent one night here. Very nice room for NYC. Great location right off Bedford Avenue. Close to subway stops and the river. Staff was great and very helpful in assisting us with the location of a restaurant we were looking for. Would definitely stay here again. Price reasonable for NYC.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Alistair M, General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Many thanks for the great review. I am glad we created a memorable experience. I look forward to extending a warm welcome when your future travels send you our way.

alistair.maclean@chelseahotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Sequim, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were accommodated by all the staff. Staff gave good information on different types of transportion into NYC around Brooklyn to accure we had the best experience possible. Chris took a personal interest making sure our visit was all we hoped for. Chris made many recommendations on current activities happening in the area. The room was very comfortable and the hotel was quite. We enjoyed the short 5 block walk to the subway and the friendly local restaurants and businesses. We would love to come back and stay at the McCarren Hotel again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Alistair M, General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the great review. I am glad to hear that we contributed to creating wonderful holiday memories for you. I look forward to extending a warm welcome the next time you are in Brooklyn.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I can't say enough about this Williamsburg gem of a boutique hotel.The rooms were tastefully decorated,the location was perfect & the staff were very helpful & friendly.The concierge Johnny Tapley was super Kool & knowledgable with great dining recommendations.I would definitely stay there again.Orestes A ( BLKCARNYC )

• Stayed October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience. Johnny T. is a key player on our team who knows great local recommendations. I am glad he contributed to your personalized experience and I look forward to your future stays with us.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was the 1st time for my husband & me to visit New York and we have decided stay somewhere in the heartland area rather than the big city. So McCarren Hotel & Pool was our final choice and true enough it did not fail us. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially Chris who was there assist us from the day we arrive till the day we left.

It has been a pleasant stay for us.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled to hear we created a pleasant experience for your first time in New York. I hope the next time you are in NY, we have the pleasure of hosting your stay.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Welcoming, great staff, accommodating and always smiling. Alberto was so helpful with all my reservations and took care of every detail. Kerstrin, Kevin, Toni, Adriel and Johnny were fantastic. I could not be happier with my stay. I love this hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the outstanding review. It is words like yours that keeps us striving to create such memorable experiences for everyone. Our goal is to transcend all our guests' expectations and build life long loyalty to our brand. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and be on the look out for many more great things to come from Chelsea Hotels.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

During our stay the staff regularly went out of their way to make our experience outstanding. From helping with food, to visiting with us in the lobby – from the security folks to the front desk, they were all awesome. The rooms were clean and quiet, and the location was great.

Room Tip: Don't forget to say hi to Mihai, Zenon, and Adriel in the lobby late night.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Many thanks for the outstanding review. I am glad to hear that Mihai, Zenon and Adriel made your stay memorable. I will surely commend them on a job well done and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I can't say enough about how much I loved this place. The hotel staff - Mihai (the AMAZING night manager who truly was one of the greatest people I have ever had the privilege of dealing with) to Alberto, Jason, Kevin, Toni, Kerstrin, Johhny, Kris and Adriel - all went above and beyond in every respect. They accommodated my family when we were forced out of our apartment and set up a room suitable for my 6 month old, my dog, and my husband and I in hours notice, and continued, throughout our stay to do everything in their power to make sure we were comfortable, cared for and relaxed. And truly, without them, I can't imagine that would have been possible. The hotel is gorgeous. Perfect location, great rooms, but the STAFF they made the stay 5++++ stars. Incredibly attentive, wonderfully helpful, kind and warm. The cleaning staff was exceptional and truly I can't say enough good things about this place except it's a gem and I will be sending everyone their way! You guys are truly the best, and such a rarity, and I can't wait to return! Do yourself a favor and stay here! It's exceptional!

Room Tip: We stayed in a double delux. My husband and I and our dog and baby and were comfortable! The rooms a...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Alistair M, General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for the excellent review! I will certainly commend the team for creating not only a memorable experience, but also a flawless one. I can assure you that anyone you may send our way will leave feeling the same. I hope to welcome you, your family and your dog back in the future, perhaps during our pool season so that you may experience the great ambiance our pool offers.

alistair.maclean@chelseahotels.com

Been to McCarren Hotel & Pool, Chelsea Hotels? Share your experiences!