“Immaculate hotel interesting area” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
SAVE 20% NOVEMBER BOOKING
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Brooklyn
Chester
“Immaculate hotel interesting area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We arrived for 3 nights and chose an upgrade to a suite which was really very good. The kitchen however lacked no crockery or cutlery. After bringing this to the attention of the management was resolved. I am not sure is this is an issue for non Jewish guests.
The room was spacious and very clean and comfortable with comfortable beds. The management were helpful and the cleaning staff very helpful, especially a Russian girl who gave us lots of advice.
The breakfast was good with bagels and cream cheese, fresh fruit, coffee, cereals toasts, fresh fruit juice. I think that previous reviews had been unfair as the breakfast is fine.
The area around the hotel was different. It is in the hasidic Jewish area and feels like you have stepped back a few generations. No bars or restaurants and the rubbish on the side walks is shocking. It is however a very safe area and although appearing unfriendly it is safe.
The metro is only 10 min walk away and really well placed for all connections. The staff at the hotel are very accommodating. I would recommend this hotel the standard of rooms are comfortable. The area although safe is not the cleanest.

Room Tip: We chose a suite well worth the extra for so much extra room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
It is our pleasure to know that you liked the Pointe Plaza Hotel and our Continental breakfast.
I am also happy that you found the area very safe. We take pride in that.

The area is developing faster than any area in Brooklyn.
There are lots of great restaurants on Myrtle Avenue.
Which is only couple of blocks from the hotel.

I am happy to say that we have added room service (Lunch & Dinner) within our amenities.
It can be at you door, when you order.
Hoping you will be back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I am a film maker based in new york. I was recently filming a T.V. show that required a hotel Location. I reached out to Pointe Plaza Hotel and They were more than accommodating. I had a crew of 35 people and the rooms were more than big enough to handle the all those people and equipment. The rates were reasonable and the location was great for all my needs. If you plan on coming to New York, I would stay at the Pointe Plaza Hotel.

Jake Martin

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to acknowledge that you liked our hotel.
It is our business to accommodate you the best possible way.

I am also glad to say that your film crews were absolute delight.
Very understanding and polite.
It was a success hosting you because of your wonderful crew members.
We wish to see you again.
How about for pleasure next time? Not work.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had a great Stay at The Pointe Plaza Hotel.
Though the location is Predominantly Hasidim-Jewish, it's just a few minute walk to lively North Willamsburg. Great Restaurants and Cafe's.

We will definitely come back for our next NYC trip !

Room Tip: Top floor had amazing Skyline Views! and Skylights too!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We can't be happier that you liked the Pointe Plaza Hotel.
Trying the best to our ability is always the goal.
It helps when you recognize that.

We will be delighted to have you back whenever you visit New York City.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I felt inclined to write a review for the hotel after my recent five day stay. I give it five stars, primarily due to the incredibly friendly and accommodating staff that work at the hotel. The lady from the Philippines who works at the reception is welcoming, attentive, very helpful and has a great sense of humor. She was joined by one of the Managers, Imam who was equally accommodating and willing to help with anything we needed. Two of the best Ive come across!

The room itself is perfectly clean and modern. The bathroom is well equipped and a lot of the rooms have a small kitchen inside. The breakfast is good with a selection of bagels, waffles, cereal, cakes, fruit, juices, tea and coffee. Im not sure what anyone else would want!

The location is interesting. It is in a religious Jewish neighborhood, which might seem foreign to others. It does feel very safe and calm and although the religious neighbors may not be quick to engage in conversation, it is a very safe area which I felt was a huge bonus. The subway is a ten minute walk and from there, you can go straight into Manhattan. It might not be in the heart of downtown New York but that is also reflected in the more reasonable price that you get.

In my opinion, its a good all round hotel, which has a warm and familial atmosphere, and which was perfect for a business trip that I was on with my wife.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your thoughtfulness.
Your wonderful comments are our motivation to do better.

I am glad you like our breakfast selection and appreciate letting us know.
We will be looking forward to welcome you back again soon.
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

An all suite hotel - our room was very clean with nice comfortable bedding, fluffy towels, a modern kitchen and a reasonably spacious, new and clean bathroom with nice amenities. The first suite we were shown reeked of smoke although it is supposed to be a non-smoking property. We were shown a couple of other rooms and found one we were very happy with. In room safe and ironing board with iron. The front desk folks are friendly and helpful. Parking was in a secure lot- we were given a code to enter and exit the lot. We were given breakfast vouchers for a bagel cafe 8 blocks away as due to Passover, the hotel;s breakfast offerings were slim. The hotel is situated in the midst of an orthodox Jewish community. It felt very safe to walk around. The main problem is that the subway is at least a 20 minute walk away, and there really is very little to do or see in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Choose a room on an upper floor facing away from the street- it is noisy in the morning
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking time and dropping a note.
We appreciate your response, gives us a chance to improve.

You recognized the safe neighborhood around Pointe Plaza hotel, is a fact.
It has been the safest area and we are proud of that.

Hope your business or occasions bring you back soon and we look forward to see.
Winston Salem
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My cousins and I stayed at this hotel March 28-31, 2013. First they couldn't find our upgrade from a standard room to a suite. Then when my cousin arrived to sleep in the living room area the sofa was not a sofa bed. I specifically requested a sofa bed. The 2nd night I was informed that it was not guaranteed because not all suites have them, but I was told that I was paying for one the day I upgraded. I brought this up to the front desk and they bring up bedding to the room for a roll out bed. No money back or anything for what I paid for. The blanket that they brought was a toy story blanket with washed up beading on it and old stain. Then our toilet chain kept popping off to where we couldn't flush the toilet. I again called the front desk; a lady came up to tell me that she would be right back. SHE NEVER RETURNED! We had to put our hands down that nasty water to connect the chain back in order to flush the toilet. Now lets talk about the shower. The knob that you turn for shower or tub just fell off. Told them about that too and again NO one came to fix it. NOT ONE TIME DID ANYONE COME TO APPOLIGIZE TO US OR FIX ANYTHING. I will be fighting back hard to get my money back or report them to the BBB. The manager or receptionist didn’t even try to contact the GM for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
First of all I am very sorry to hear that you had a terrible stay.
My apologies one more time.

I spoke to you after you departed and extended my sincere apologies.
I wish we spoke while you were here.
No it was not me who you thought was Imam.
Well I made this clear when we finally spoke.

I am glad that you are happy with your upgrade charge is removed and accepted my invitation back to pointe plaza hotel.
That will give me a chance to show you, what we really are about.
Looking forward to your return as you promised.
Fukuoka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. Especially, I liked the skylight very much. It's really pleasant to stay at.
Just you should know it takes more than half an hour to get to Manhattan by bus, subway or taxi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to drop a note about your stay at the Pointe Plaza Hotel.

We appreciate your pleasant remarks and as well wish you be back soon.
We have added K-Cup coffee machines in rooms.
These upgrades are only possible because you keep coming back and staying with us.

Been to Pointe Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!