“We would stay here again!! I'm buying the same mattress they have” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Condor Hotel

You added The Condor Hotel to your Saves list
The Condor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   56 Franklin Street, Brooklyn, NY 11205   |
Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Brooklyn
Lakewood, New Jersey, United States
“We would stay here again!! I'm buying the same mattress they have”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

a cold day in January, we needed a hotel to stay for 2 night, we have a 5 year old, and a newborn, we booked the condor we got an upgrade to a suite which was very nice, room was clean,

we had 4 rooms total of we all check out happy,

p.s. if you walk in the bathroom with out shoes you feet will get very cold,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mordy S, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you Yossi for taking the time to write. We appreciate your review and hope to welcome you and your family back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed at the Condor January 2013 for the night before and of my wedding in BK. The single worst hotel experience of my life. The night before my wedding we had NO HOT WATER, and were told that there was nobody available to fix the issue at that time (and that this was a recurring problem). I was unable to bathe the night before my wedding & had no reassurance that the issue would be fixed. I had referred all my wedding guests to stay in a hotel that had no hot water & was mortified, as well as frantically planning how I was going to be able to bathe/etc prior to my wedding all night instead of getting any sleep. So stressful & the exact opposite of how I wanted the night before my wedding to be.

By the next morning, the day of my wedding, the hot water issue was fixed & although I had zero sleep I was at least able to shower before my bridal party arrived to get ready.

The next issue was while I was gone from the suite. I was informed by my maid of honor that while I left early to take my wedding photos she noticed a leak & that the BATHROOM WAS FLOODING. She had to spend her getting ready time prior to the wedding watching someone fix the leaking toilet & prevent us from returning to a flooded out room on the night of the wedding! DISGUSTING!

The morning we checked out the hot water was on & off, but at that point we had completely given up on anything going well here.

We recieved a full refund for the money we paid since the stay was a total disaster, but I am not impressed, as American Express would have ensured my refund regardless of the hotel's response.

Save yourself the headache & STAY AWAY.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
As I have already expressed to you directly, we sincerely apologize for your experience during your stay. As the rest of the reviewers here on TripAdvisor can attest, this is not a normal experience for our guests; just as in any other hotel (or home for that matter) sometimes things happens that are out of our control. As you mentioned in your review, we did do everything in our power from repairing the hot water system on your floor overnight to issuing a full refund without argument.
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was so hesitant about staying here intially because the reviews were very hit or miss. We stayed here for 2 nights and it was a nice hotel. Pros: the decor of the room(minus the heating/ac unit) was very chic and the light situation was pretty cool, the staff were extremely helpful, free wi-fi, discount parking, Cons: the "king" bed are two twin beds pushed together, it is very far from the subway, no GYM or swimming pool, most balconies face a brick way so try to get a room facing the front of the street. All in all if it were a short stay and you have a car yes, but if you have no car be prepared to walk or pay for taxis.

Room Tip: There is a deposit of $250
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mordy S, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you Brittany for taking the time to write. We appreciate each review as it helps us constantly improve for future guests.
silver spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Very very clean hotel near where we needed to be in brooklyn. (son's wedding was at a hall on the next block). we arrived very late on a saturday night & they treated us very well. They offered to move us to a less conspicious spot for the next night, but we didn't need to budge for the next night.

everything was new & sparkling.

continental breakfast was a nice surprise -- all of it was kosher!!!! we were able to find on-street parking so didn't have to pay for parking.

definitely would recommend this place. everyone that we met in the hotel were great -- there was a computer in the lobby & they let us print out from the main desk. we were able to use the breakfast room past the "breakfast time to work on place cards". also, the bakery across the street has wonderful smells....wish it was a retail outlet, not a commerical.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mordy S, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you Jane for taking the time to write and thank you for recommending us!
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at The Condor for a three day weekend in January, visiting our son, who lives in Brooklyn. The good points were that it was clean, the beds were comfy, and the staff was friendly. The caveats were that subways were few and far between, the only hot item on the continental breakfast was a waffle machine, and we each had only one towel per person. Also, Thursday night was fine, but Friday abd Saturday nights we were awoken at four a.m. to the sound of heavy pitter pattering of feet or something that sounded like it, above us. We toughed it out on Friday night and told the front desk person Saturday morning. After it happened again Saturday night(Sunday morning), we called the front desk to inform them. After about thirty minutes, it subsided. Needless to say, we had to get up at six a.m. for a six hour ride back to Virginia, and were pretty tired! Upon check out, the front desk person asked me about it and told me the manager would be calling us about it either that day (Sunday) or the next day. He said he went up to check it out after we called the front desk, and heard nothing. We are currently thinking, for lack of a better explanation, that the hotel is haunted - LOL! Needless to say, it is now three days later and we have not heard a peep from any Condor staff. Probably won't stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Lisa for taking the time to write a review. We value all feedback and aim to constantly improve the guest experience. I can assure you that the hotel isn't haunted (it was built in 2010!) and that noise complaints like yours are not common.

Our Front Desk Manager did try reaching you a few times in the days after your departure and has left you a detailed message as well. Due to the fact that you booked through a third party we do not have your email address.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel is beyond beautiful, they have the best, friendly and helpful staff at any hotel I have ever stayed at. The rooms are very nice, have balconies, it is quiet, well maintained, in a quiet area and the staff make the entire place. It is a 15$ cab to manhattan, and about a $25.00 cab to time square. This is the only place I will stay regardless of where I want to be in New York. Best Experience ever!

Room Tip: Anything is great, if you can avoid ground floor it is right at the entrance not a loud hotel though...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you Cam for your kind review. We're so happy to see you had such an awesome experience! We look forward to your next visit.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Condor Hotel is a great hotel with super comfy rooms and beds. Plus mine came with a balcony (a rarity in NYC hotels) which I loved! The Staff was also super nice and friendly. Just be forewarned, it's in an odd location. There is NOTHING to do in the immediate vicinity but a ton of fun Brooklyn neighborhoods are all a short walk/bus ride away. If you like everything at your doorstep this place is not for you but if you like to explore it's a great place to start your trek. I recommend it!

Room Tip: I stayed in 503 which had a great balcony.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you KingLazar for your kind review. All but 2 of our 35 rooms feature a balcony or patio and we're glad you enjoyed yours. We look forward to your next visit!

Been to The Condor Hotel? Share your experiences!