“Great Breakfast, Great Mattress, Great Shower! lovely people” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 3B: The Downtown Brooklyn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brooklyn
3B: The Downtown Brooklyn Bed and Breakfast
You added 3B: The Downtown Brooklyn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
136 Lawrence Street, 3B, Brooklyn, NY 11201   |
Ranked #3 of 59 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Breakfast, Great Mattress, Great Shower! lovely people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

didn't really know what to expect, slept in all kinds of places, but if your a good enough traveler it means u can sleep anywhere bc your exhausted from sightseeing? my mattress hugged me gently all night long, I don't think I moved I was just hugged snugly until it was time to get up!,
The bathroom was never to long of a wait to use and no real issues with trying to get in a shower either!, I was impressed with that! I think that if you were to stay for a week that you wouldn't want too leave...I think they make you feel very welcomed and at home with new friends!! the location is very practical too!, Definately a place to return to!,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This place is a little gem in the middle of Brooklyn. I had a queen room ($150/night) and booked a bunk in a shared room (50/night) for my adult son who was meeting me in NY. The place was spotlessly clean, and the breakfasts were superb. Public transport (subway) was super easy to access. Maybe not for the completely faint hearted - it is situated right in downtown Brooklyn and could be quite noisy at times during the night -you also know that you are in the middle of a huge and diverse city the moment you step outside the door! But Brooklyn itself was fascinating; lots of different areas to explore and some good eating in nearby Smith St.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've always said that I would never share a room or bathroom on holiday, but 3B changed my mind about that! The bunk room is ridiculously good value and it turned out to be absolutely fine for a 5 night stay. I went with a friend and we had various roommates throughout our trip who were all lovely, and we never worried about leaving our stuff in the room (there's a little safe for each bunk anyway).

The whole of 3B is beautifully decorated & cosy and the people who live/work there are super friendly. Not to mention the amazing homemade breakfasts every morning.... I really didn't want to leave.

It's in a great location - a short walk from nice restaurants, close to the subway & a quick ride away from Manhattan and a 20 minute bus trip from Williamsburg if you want to get your hipster spotting fix.

I would absolutely go back - 3B is great and it made me love Brooklyn even more. Who needs Manhattan!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My family and I stayed at 3B bed & breakfast for five nights at the end of March 2013. We highly recommend this B&B. Our double room was large, beautifully furnished (a hipster aesthetic) and with extremely comfortable beds and pillows. The shared bathroom and toilets were always spotlessly clean.
The owners - a group of young people who lived on the two floors below, were very hospitable and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived.
Each morning we were served a delicious breakfast - an array of different dishes served with orange juice and freshly ground coffee. The owners got up early each morning and made breakfast from scratch using organic local ingredients. These were some of the best breakfasts we have ever had anywhere.
3B B&B is located in downtown Brooklyn, a vibrant and interesting area.
We loved this place!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Englewood, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay! The staff is nice, the breakfasts were wonderful, and the location is very convenient to a multitude of subway lines. We will definitely book 3B again for our next NYC trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

On first arriving at 3B I was a little apprehensive as the location is very much in the heart of downtown brooklyn and I was a single woman travelling alone. The building itself is of an older style and the bathroom is very basic and reminded me of flats in my student days (though I understand soon to be renovated). But after only 24 hours I'd fallen in love with the place. Catherine cooked a great fruit crumble and frittata on my first morning and gave me advice for what proved to be an excellent day in Dumbo and Williamsburg. I took photos of all the rooms which were decorated simply with second hand and home made items and everything worked together to give a sense of class and comfort. I ended up spending hours tucked away in my very comfortable room, sitting in the window reading in the winter sun. After hectic trips to enjoy NYC nightlife this was an ideal home away from home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Cranston, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had to find a place in NY and due to the circumstances there wasn't much selection. I saw the good 3B reviews on Tripadvisor but didn't rely on them because we had previously stayed at The Royalsborough Inn based on excellent reviews and really got burned, it was bad; another B&B had been an extraordinary experience so we were one and one. Given the situation we took the bunk room with not a lot of expectations. From the time we were met at the front door until the time we left (and by then we wanted to stay longer) it was a fun and great place to stay. The young man, Adam, who welcomed us in couldn't have been more helpful, we were well provided for and the other guests were friendly. The food was fresh and of great quality, served unpretentiously; it was the opposite of the last place we had stayed in which served scarce servings of Walmart type, processed stuff on fancy plates so that we had to buy breakfast out each morning we stayed. Clean rooms, fresh fruit and organic teas available whenever we were there, well stocked HBA in the bathroom and a way more sustainable operation (no disposable crap all over, and I think wind energy or something similar) than the usual. It's so encouraging to see small businesses run like this. To abandon monster hotel chains and big business is no sacrifice, the 3B makes it a pleasure. And 2 subways were right there to boot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to 3B: The Downtown Brooklyn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!