“Great Hotel Staff, Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #5 of 50 hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Hotel Staff, Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were looking for a clean affordable hotel in Brooklyn for a weekend girls trip and Best Western Plus Prospect Park was a perfect fit! The Train Station is literally right outside the hotel. We caught the R train 4 stops to the Barclay Center, Soho was a 15-20 min train ride. The hotel is also located in a low key part of town, however there is a grocery store next door, a gas station across the street and a few fast food and restaurants within walking distance (White Castle, KFC, Subway, Chinese Food, A Latin Restaurant etc) There were a lot of roads closed off due to the Marathon the weekend of our stay. Jose ( the manager) granted us a late checkout with no hesitation. Marlyn at the front desk was also very helpful and assisted with finding us a nice place to eat brunch. We will return, sooner than later :-)

If you are looking for a low- key, easily accessible, clean hotel this is the place for you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Peter R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Prospect Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear PennyProud,

Well overall I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to experience our exceptional service at our hotel.

Our neighborhood is a quiet location, many new projects, condos and residential buildings are truly starting to change the whole area, guess this is why Brooklyn is now the fastest growing boro's of the 5 in NYC.

Sorry you had a little bit of a hard time getting around, we are located on mile 5 of the NYC Marathon but as you can imagine NYPD did do a wonderful job ensuring the safety of everyone during this race, hence more closures etc.

We are glad to see you did in fact enjoy your stay and hope that you continue to choose us for all your future trips!

496 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Greek first
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were looking for a good value and good location prior to our cruise Oct 19th and have always been pleased with the Best Western group. The appeal of the area may not be the best but is very close to cruise-port. We arrived late and the room was very small but for a quick overnight stay is sufficient and very clean with welcoming cookies in our room. The view was not appealing to view a 'funeral home' but needless to say those are not the key aspects. The staff was very good and well presented, let us store our luggage for a few hours after our check-out. Breakfast was very decent and a true expectation of any Best Western. We went for a walk in the neighbourhood and felt completely safe. Walked to Costco, nearby and also to a historic cemetary that was a great walk through on a Fall day. We would definitely stay here again if we were leaving on a cruise. Prices may be high but that is expected in New York/Brooklyn.

Room Tip: Ask for a window facing West rather than South
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TNTRegina_Canada,

Thank you in advance for taking the time to review our property. We are so pleased that you overall enjoy your stay prior to your cruise.

Yes our location is just a few minutes away from the Cruise Terminal here in Brooklyn and I am pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to walk around and truly see the neighborhood is quite nice and safe.

We hope on you next trip to Brooklyn you continue to choose us...Safe travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

night staff Chiel and Janessa were welcoming and very helpful, providing a complimentary room for one night due to a mixup with our booking.
the bathrooms are pristine and you would expect the rooms to be on the small side in town.
lovely Peruvian restaurant just down the road too.
recommended.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Prospect Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Karen G,

Thank you for the kind comments and for your wonderful rating of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at hotel and experienced our Neighborhood.

As always we truly do hope that on your next visit to Brooklyn you choose us. Thank you!!
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Plenty of basic quality breakfast but with plastic plates, cups, cutlery. Nowhere to sit if cruise ship passengers staying.

Right next to subway for 30 min plus travel into Manhatten via a line change during the week. Local area very unappealing but seems safe. Don't bother going for a walk or looking for a "nice" local cafe etc

Wifi not easily compatable with iPhone or iPads but staff sort it out.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Prospect Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear NickCJ,

Thank you in advance for taking the time to comment on our Hotel. Every comment is taken seriously and to heart I assure you.

Yes, the NYC Transit announces emergency repairs to the Tube from Brooklyn to Manhattan that affects a few subway lines, this was due to significant damage from Hurricane Sandy last year. However, the MTA has also added additional trains to the existing lines which do run in other tubes and bridges, so the travel time is about the same as before, 35 to 45 minutes to Midtown Manhattan.

We continue to understand some concern over the plastic utensils and paper plates at breakfast, I have touched on this on prior reviews. As to our limited space we are not able to completely clean and sanitize china and silverware, as we are also a Green Certified Hotel it also saves on water and all of our items are biodegradable and or are of recycled material.

As always we do apologize and see that overall you did enjoy your stay at our hotel, we do wish that on your next trip you do choose us again.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Best Western Prospect Park in Brooklyn was a very pleasant hotel to stay for our holiday. The staff were extremely helpful and the rooms, although a little on the small side, were always neat and tidy. We did a couple of trips away and they were more than willing to store some of our luggage for us. Would recommend the hotel to anybody wishing to stay in Brooklyn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Maurice H,

We thank you for choosing our Hotel for your Holiday in Brooklyn....I am pleased that you found our property to be up to your standards and that you had a memorable experience.

Thank you for sharing your comments and we hope that on you next future trip to Brooklyn or NYC you choose us again for your stay!
Peabody, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I am sure many folks who read this revue will be like I was, either travelling for work or pleasure and come across all these great reviews and wonder, really, can this hotel actually be this good? I am here to say 100% yes. I normally stay at Hiltons or Marriots for work or pleasure due the fact that I have points etc and they are generally nice enough. So, when I booked my stay here I can't say it wasn't without a little doubt. That doubt was IMMEDIATELY put to rest when I checked in and had questions about where I was going for work the next day and Anthony and (I want to say Mike) hooked me up with an MTA map and showed me online exactly where the hell I was going. I had TREMENDOUS service for the three nights I stayed, Chiel helped me a couple of times with a couple of issues I had with the sink in my room (no cold water, slight leak, taken care of QUICKLY) and Jose on my checkout. They put the H in Hospitality. Much better than the general indifference you get at most hotels and ones at MUCH higher cost points. Now, about the area, it is "real". By real I mean it is where real people live and work, it is NOT Manhatten so don't go thinking it is or you will just be disappointed. There are some cool restaurants and bars (Toby's Publick House was my fav) close by and most importantly a Dunks across the street. The R train is RIGHT there in front of the hotel and the Barclays/Atlantic stop 3 or 4 away has tons of connections. I wound up going to Nets game, super easy. For the hotel, the rooms are not large (who cares, you sleep there???). They are extremely modern and comfortable. I happen to be doing a bathroom reno at home, so I took note of the Kohler sinks and Grohe faucets in my room! To the management, keep doing what you are doing. Keep the hotel fresh as time goes on and keep the high standards. My linens were pristine, and room looked great. I will definitely be staying with you again when the need arises and have been singing your priases to my coworkers. My coworker and I just have made it easier and call you guys the BWP.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear rogerroy1974,

Putting the "H" in Hospitality, I like this, thank you....We are going to use that at our monthly staff meeting I assure you.

I am glad to see that we did meet your expectations and that EVERYTHING everyone writes are true to fact. We try very hard to bring that sense of home away from home to everyone, as I have mentioned in other replies the staff do truly enjoy their job....

I cannot express how much we appreciate your comments and the staff knows it, they watch trip advisor more than I do....

As far as what does Management do? I let the staff be themselves to be perfectly honest. I want them to come in and enjoy their job and it shows!

Thank you again and to be sincere I hope that you choose us on your next trip to Brooklyn/NYC!
Atkinson, NH, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night to attend a wedding. My expectations are rarely exceeded, but I was presently surprised by how nice the hotel was. It was as clean as any hotel I have stayed at regardless of the price. The room was small, but expected that for NYC.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Bruce J,

Well we are so happy that we have met your expectations!!! We thank you for your comments and truly hope that you when you possibly plan to come back to NYC that you choose us for your stay!

We hope that the wedding went well and really hope to see you again!!

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Prospect Park Hotel? Share your experiences!