“Rooms are Nice but Small, Prices are High” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Brooklyn
Maryland
“Rooms are Nice but Small, Prices are High”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a nicely kept hotel in a good location in Brooklyn. The beds and room in general were quite nice, but small. However, the prices were quite high compared to similar hotels in the neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Simsbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here for three nights while visiting Pratt Institute with my daughter. Was a bit concerned about the location but decided to go for it after reading all the positive reviews here.

So happy we did.

Front desk wonderful - Mike welcomed us when we arrived around 9 pm and made sure we were taken care of. They don't have a restaurant on site but we were given a delivery menu to a fabulous Mexican place that brought food right to our door. Can't beat that.

Our room was a bit small but clean and well maintained by the housekeeping staff.

Breakfast was good and plentiful. My 18 year old daughter LOVED the Jimmy Dean sausage breakfast sandwiches.

Taxis a bit hard to come by but the front desk arranged for a car to drive us where we needed to go. About 30 minute/$35 drive to Penn Station.

Fifth Avenue was a few minutes away. Safe walk resulting in lots of choices for shopping and dinner.

The only downside was that you could hear the traffic even though we were up on the 9th floor. Luckily there wasn't a lot late at night.

Major plus is the view from the roof. Beautiful skyline with Lady Liberty in the distance.
With my daughter attending Pratt next year, I think the fine folks at this hotel will be seeing a lot of us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Darren P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our beautiful Brooklyn hotel. Our award winning team is committed to delivering a “WOW” Experience to each and every one of our valued guests. Your complimentary remarks regarding our front desk and housekeeping staff is appreciated and we have shared your comments with both departments. We are pleased that you were able to start your day off by enjoying our NEW HOT BREAKFAST. Our daily offerings now include sausage, real scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, fresh cut fruit in addition to our regular menu items of hot oatmeal, cold cereals, Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches, delivered fresh daily bagels and made to order Belgium Waffles. I have to say, I agree with your daughter, the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches are one of my favorites, especially the Sausage, Egg and Cheese croissant.

We are very pleased that you had the opportunity to discover all the amazing dining options available to our guests on Brooklyn’s 5th Avenue. Just a short 5 minute walk from our hotel and the options are endless. I just could not imagine a trip to New York without taking the opportunity to discover/explore NYC’s most exciting borough. The architecture and culture of our borough will leave you wanting more, from the Brownstones near Prospect Park , to walking over the Brooklyn Bridge or even enjoying the best in entertainment at Barclay’s Arena, all of which is centered around our beautiful hotel.

I am glad that the weather permitted you to take advantage of the spectacular views from our amazing rooftop. We have big plans to make this area even more inviting with the addition of our new rooftop bar/lounge and comfortable and inviting outdoor seating. Everyone here at the Fairfield Inn would like to wish much success to your daughter while attending Pratt and we anxiously await your next visit.

Darren Piercey
Sandusky, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Fairfield Inn in Brooklyn turned out to be a really nice place! We were so happy when we entered the lobby to see such an updated lobby. We did ask for a room on an upper floor after reading some reviews on Trip Advisor and there was very little noise from the street. We have a daughter who recently moved to Park Slope and we were worried that we were not going to find a place close enought that was nice. The Fairfield is that and more! We had a nice walk to my daughter's house and even though it probablhy isn't the best looking area we never felt unsafe.
The one complaint that is minor is that the bath towels were in need of replacing, they were kind of thin!
The bed was very comfortable and my husband really enjoyed the breakfast in the morning!
Thanks Fairfield, we will be back!

Room Tip: The higher floors do not get as much noise from the street.
philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife wanted a trip to Brooklyn for Christmas to visit the Brooklyn fleas so I obliged and settled on this place because we only wanted to stay one night and others had a two night minimum.
The trip to get there, however, almost ended in divorce as Google directions to find it had us hopelessly lost in the Red Hook neighborhood, adjacent, and fiendishly difficult to find your way out of without a lot of help (we don't have a GPS but will probably get one after this experience).
We were very happy with the hotel once we found it, and initially thought the out of the way location would be a horror but we came to appreciate it because that fact meant it was actually quiet and we could get a good night's sleep--something I've found very elusive in most NYC hotels. We did visit the fleas on a glorious Spring day and know we will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Belmont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stay here when I visit my son and his family, who live in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn, only a short walking distance away. It is located in a light industrial area, which can be rather off-putting at first and even a little scary at night when walking by yourself. However, I have never had any problems. The subway station is close by and it's a short, convenient ride to Manhattan. Someone here is doing a good job, since the staff is nicer and better-trained every time I visit. The free breakfast is adequate and the rooms are very clean. Rooms on the lower floors can be noisy though; this time I stayed on the 8th floor and it was much quieter. 5th and 7th Avenue in Park Slope are within walking distance, with lots of fun shops and very good eateries. If you are looking for a more traditional hotel, this is not the place, but it is a well-run alternative to similar places I have stayed in the crazier parts of Manhattan. I do wish rooms included a fridge, a safe, and BETTER READING LIGHTS.

Room Tip: Stay on upper floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Hotel rooms are my home 6 months out of the year, as I travel for business frequently and on an extended basis. I rarely take the time to write a review...

Beautiful modern lobby, clean rooms, free dinner on wednesdays, and plenty of free parking around the hotel. Roof deck is beautiful with a fantastic view of the Manhattan skyline. In addition to the aforementioned perks, the staff here absolutely deserves two thumbs up. They consistently go out of their way to make your stay as easy and as comfortable as possible. I never walked by the front desk without receiving a smile or a quick comment to make me laugh, even at 6 in the morning. Kudos to this Fairfield family, Mike, Dennis, David and Sammy, 5 months from home was a good as it could be!

Room Tip: High floors have great views of the city!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Groton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed at the Fairfield for over 5 months and fell in love with the place. Each and every staff member was friendly and welcoming. The rooms were clean. Guest services always went above and beyond to assist in any way possible. The view from the rooftop is lovely.
With free breakfast, a free gym, free internet, and free printing, I chose to spend my entire stay here even when presented with an opportunity to move elsewhere. Parking was $25/night, which is much cheaper than anywhere in Manhattan, but there was enough street parking that I didn't have to use the lot and always was able to park less than 2 blocks away! Mike at the front desk never failed to make me laugh, and Dennis was always asking if there was anything I needed. The location was far enough away from the city that noise was never an issue, but it was close enough to popular subway stops and shopping areas that I wasn't disconnected from anything.
Even after 5 months of living here, I would stay at the Fairfield on my next visit to New York anytime. I miss that place!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn? Share your experiences!