“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Brooklyn
Sandusky, Ohio
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Fairfield Inn in Brooklyn turned out to be a really nice place! We were so happy when we entered the lobby to see such an updated lobby. We did ask for a room on an upper floor after reading some reviews on Trip Advisor and there was very little noise from the street. We have a daughter who recently moved to Park Slope and we were worried that we were not going to find a place close enought that was nice. The Fairfield is that and more! We had a nice walk to my daughter's house and even though it probablhy isn't the best looking area we never felt unsafe.
The one complaint that is minor is that the bath towels were in need of replacing, they were kind of thin!
The bed was very comfortable and my husband really enjoyed the breakfast in the morning!
Thanks Fairfield, we will be back!

Room Tip: The higher floors do not get as much noise from the street.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife wanted a trip to Brooklyn for Christmas to visit the Brooklyn fleas so I obliged and settled on this place because we only wanted to stay one night and others had a two night minimum.
The trip to get there, however, almost ended in divorce as Google directions to find it had us hopelessly lost in the Red Hook neighborhood, adjacent, and fiendishly difficult to find your way out of without a lot of help (we don't have a GPS but will probably get one after this experience).
We were very happy with the hotel once we found it, and initially thought the out of the way location would be a horror but we came to appreciate it because that fact meant it was actually quiet and we could get a good night's sleep--something I've found very elusive in most NYC hotels. We did visit the fleas on a glorious Spring day and know we will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Belmont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stay here when I visit my son and his family, who live in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn, only a short walking distance away. It is located in a light industrial area, which can be rather off-putting at first and even a little scary at night when walking by yourself. However, I have never had any problems. The subway station is close by and it's a short, convenient ride to Manhattan. Someone here is doing a good job, since the staff is nicer and better-trained every time I visit. The free breakfast is adequate and the rooms are very clean. Rooms on the lower floors can be noisy though; this time I stayed on the 8th floor and it was much quieter. 5th and 7th Avenue in Park Slope are within walking distance, with lots of fun shops and very good eateries. If you are looking for a more traditional hotel, this is not the place, but it is a well-run alternative to similar places I have stayed in the crazier parts of Manhattan. I do wish rooms included a fridge, a safe, and BETTER READING LIGHTS.

Room Tip: Stay on upper floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Hotel rooms are my home 6 months out of the year, as I travel for business frequently and on an extended basis. I rarely take the time to write a review...

Beautiful modern lobby, clean rooms, free dinner on wednesdays, and plenty of free parking around the hotel. Roof deck is beautiful with a fantastic view of the Manhattan skyline. In addition to the aforementioned perks, the staff here absolutely deserves two thumbs up. They consistently go out of their way to make your stay as easy and as comfortable as possible. I never walked by the front desk without receiving a smile or a quick comment to make me laugh, even at 6 in the morning. Kudos to this Fairfield family, Mike, Dennis, David and Sammy, 5 months from home was a good as it could be!

Room Tip: High floors have great views of the city!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Groton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed at the Fairfield for over 5 months and fell in love with the place. Each and every staff member was friendly and welcoming. The rooms were clean. Guest services always went above and beyond to assist in any way possible. The view from the rooftop is lovely.
With free breakfast, a free gym, free internet, and free printing, I chose to spend my entire stay here even when presented with an opportunity to move elsewhere. Parking was $25/night, which is much cheaper than anywhere in Manhattan, but there was enough street parking that I didn't have to use the lot and always was able to park less than 2 blocks away! Mike at the front desk never failed to make me laugh, and Dennis was always asking if there was anything I needed. The location was far enough away from the city that noise was never an issue, but it was close enough to popular subway stops and shopping areas that I wasn't disconnected from anything.
Even after 5 months of living here, I would stay at the Fairfield on my next visit to New York anytime. I miss that place!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed for four nights at the Fairfield Inn & Suites to attend the A10 Men's Basketball Tournament. We could walk to the games. It is about half a mile. For some who could not walk, a car could be called to give them a ride. (Cost 8 to 12) The hotel was very clean and new. The staff was friendly and gave excellent service. Breakfast downstairs was a nice selection. They had scrambled eggs, sausages, waffles, lots of muffins and pastries, etc. View from the roof was fun but it was so cold. Restaurants are a couple of blocks over. We found one we loved close to the Barclays Center. It was Convivium Osteria on 5th Avenue. We also loved Brooklyn Larder for sandwiches. Only negatives were the beds are soft and several times we could hear what sounded like loud drums and howling but that luckily was only during the day. When we checked out they willingly took our suitcases so that we could pick them after the final game. We are glad we stayed at this hotel and would again next year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is not like any other Fairfield Inn we have been to. It is modern, a high-rise with views of the Barclay Center. Walking distance to that venue is a plus, as are the selection of restaurants on Fifth Avenue enroute to the Barclay Center.

The staff is friendly, the ambiance is good, and you are fairly close to the subway system--less than ten minutes. We liked it!

Room Tip: We used our Marriott points for this stay. Although this hotel doesn't have a swimming pool nor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn? Share your experiences!