“get the King suite” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 51 hotels in Brooklyn
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“get the King suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Needed to get my 74 yo Mother and son away from Hurricane damaged home. Was able to get the King size suite the night before. When I arrived, desk attendant was a little surprised that I had the suite. Don't know why... but the room was beautiful. The suite had a spacious living room, microwave, frig, etc and a Kings size bed in a room with room to spare.
Breakfast was great! Room was beautiful. Bed was big enough for all three of us. Had a problem with the heat and it was fixed within minutes. Wish I could get this room for Christmas!
Only 1 complaint- no parking. $400 a night for a room, I should have a reserved space.

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Syracuse NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Got very lucky to get a room a few days after the storm, the perfect front desk staff gave us a 10th floor end room with a huge view of NYC. Only knock was the elevators are a bit slow. The breakfast was perfect for a fast grab and run and the young girl that runs the breakfast works very hard and her efforts show. A lot of guests move thru there in a hurry.

Having a nice hotel with an excellent rate with PARKING in downtown Brooklyn is great, they also have every possible take out delivery nearby. Also can want 2 blocks to all the trendy park Slope paces on 5th Ave.

Nice little store in lobby supplies an after work beverage., Stayed 9 days and was thrilled to be there. Very excellent roof top patio and lounge with great views.

This trip was all business but stay there on a family vacation last June and it was also wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for the end rooms that face NYC, think there may be only one each floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wheeling, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family and I stayed here and we went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. The Staff was very accommodating and they answered our questions. The Hotel is clean and the breakfast is good. If you plan on touring Manhattan, ask the front desk to get you a car its only $8 to the Atlantic subway stop for 4 people. The front desk has a direct line to a car company and they are always on time. I would use this free service from the front desk, because the walk to the subway station is 10 min. and the neighborhood is not the best. At night we got a yellow cab from mid-town for about $20. One note: ask for a higher floor room on the parking lot side, because the road side is a little bit noisy.

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed here for one night before our New England Cruise. As usual, we didn't want to fly in on the day the ship sails because a flight delay or cancellation could cause us to miss boarding. The Princess Cruise sailed out of the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal so staying in Brooklyn made a lot more sense than staying in Manhattan. Also the price of the room was much cheaper than in New York City (Manhattan), where we did stay for 5 nights after the cruise. If you're going to sail out of this particular cruise terminal, this hotel is fair convenient and just a 15 min. drive to the port. The hotel arranged for a car service to drive us to the terminal. (Unlike San Francisco, where you can call a taxi company to come pick you up, in NY a taxi can only be hailed on the street or at certain taxi stands. To arrange a pickup you use various car/limo services.)

The room was very clean and "large" when compared to those in New York City, like the one we stayed in after the cruise. It would be considered a 'regular' size hotel room...( though not super spacious) just about any other location in the US other than New York City. Very clean. Beds were very comfortable.

You can plan to stay here and then take the subway to go see the tourist sites in Manhattan be aware that the subway station isn't just a block or two away. While we didn't use the subway... I glanced at a map (online on my cell phone) and it was several blocks away (I believe its 7 blocks to the station where you would need to go to take the subway to NYC). check this out online before proceeding. While this is walk-able to me, coming back late at night I would check out the route and area I would need to traverse to get back to the hotel. While you would save at least $100 a day on the room (the difference between the cost of the room here and the hotel we stayed in on Manhattan after the cruise) you must consider commute/travel time. If you don't mind the commute you can save a bunch and have a larger room by staying here.

the Breakfast was excellent! Fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, juices, fruit, etc.
The staff was friendly.

There are places to eat a few blocks from the hotel. There are several 'commercial' streets with stores, restaurants, etc. We ate at Zuzu Ramen on 4th Ave. a couple of blocks over for a quick late dinner around 8pm. There were a grocery store (Key Foods) on 5th Ave. were I picked up a six pack of Coke which is cheaper than typical vending machines at hotels and I brought the remainder on board the cruise ship.

Note: the cost of a taxi ride from JFK to the hotel won't be cheap. Our taxi took all freeways and it was during the evening rush hour and it took about an hour and cost us about $72 (this included tip). The route I saw on a 'taxi' web site indicated it would only take 30 min. and cost $35-40 (without tip)... but that route used some major streets rather than all freeways. Not sure if we got taken but I'm guessing probably not since a car service quoted like $90 for the trip (not including tip). Of course the car ride to the cruise terminal was cheap because the hotel was so close... only $21 including tip. If we had flown into LaGuardia instead, the cost of the taxi ride between the airport and the hotel would have been cheaper due to the location of that airport.

they also have a view on their roof top. you can see the empire state building from it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed here during a trip to see an event at the Barclay's Center. The hotel and staff is very accommodating, and the property is very up to date. My only caution is that the hotel is several blocks from a subway, and we had to make connections at the Barclay's Center stop to get into Manhattan. The area caters to a local crowd more than a tourist crowd. There are a limited number of restaurants close, but you have to make an effort to find them. Also, taxis are not frequent so you have to walk to a location on 4th Avenue and hope you fine one. If I were to return for a Brooklyn function, this hotel would be a decent choice. If I was to do the tourist thing, I probably would opt for a Manhattan hotel instead.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher than the 2nd floor to get cell phone and wifi reception.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful, new hotel in a great location in Brooklyn. We were there for a basketball game at the Barclays Center which was an easy walk from the hotel. The only issues for us were parking and the size of the room. The staff was excellent and directed us to a nearby parking lot but, because of gas rationing after hurricane Sandy, we couldn't drive on that street. We finally found a lot close to the Barclays Center and paid $20 for the night which was great. We have 3 kids so the room with 2 double beds was small for us but we made do. The breakfast was great and the rooftop lounge was amazing. The hotel is also very close to 5th Ave. which has many good restaurant choices. We would definitely stay here again but in a bigger room or maybe two rooms.

• Stayed November 2012
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a block of reservations at this location to attend my niece's wedding on November 3rd, just a few days after Hurricane Sandy decimated parts of New York and New Jersey. I called the hotel to confirm that they were open for business, as I still had no power in my PA home after 4 days. Yes, everything was fine there and they were expecting the wedding party. The wedding was at a nearby venue, but our entire family was planning to stay at the Fairfield. Rooms were very nicely appointed & very clean. Staff was very helpful. Free breakfast had a much wider variety of options that I was not expecting, compared to other hotels with free breakfasts. The free coffee was flowing. The price was above my usual, but I don't usually stay in a hotel in New York City. My aunt & uncle stayed elsewhere one night for less money but were not happy with that experience and moved over to the Fairfield for the rest of the weekend (You get what you pay for). Thank you to the friendly staff - from the front desk people, to the breakfast lounge people, to the housekeepers in the hallway, to the bell hops. All in all, a very good experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn? Share your experiences!