“My Favorite Ramen Place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Noodle
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
New York City, New York
“My Favorite Ramen Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We discovered this place accidentally a couple of months ago, and it's now our favorite Ramen place. The place is not crowded, so no long wait like many other. The soup base is wonderful and favorful, but not too rich. The Charshu is one of the best in NYC. 'Zuzu' Ramen is our standard order. Its appetizers are great, Steam Bun with Braised Pork Shoulder is out of this world. When we are in Park Slope area, this place is always our #1 option for dinner.

Visited September 2013

60% Recommend
Boston, Massachusetts
“pretty good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

zuzu ramen - delicious
garlic soy ramen - pretty good
friendly staff and fair delivery speed
ate here 4-5 tomes over a few months and never dissapointed, but never wowed.

Visited December 2012
San Francisco
“Great place for ramen. Very friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

the ramen was great! I had the slow braised beef curry. it was spicy but not too too spicy... though I did drink a lot of water. My tolerance for spicy is just average (at best). Very filling and an fairly inexpensive price at $14. We ate a late 'dinner' of noodles here after flying into JFK and checking into our hotel nearby (Fairfield Inn & Suites). If I'm in the area again I would come here again.

Visited October 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Service, Poor Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Located along 4th Avenue in an area filled with bars, restaurants and cafes, this Asian restaurant specialises in Sushi & Sashimi. The service was excellent, from the welcome at the front door to the serving of food and drink, and the Sushi Chef was genuinely keen to make an impression.
Ambience is nice too - a little eclectic, with a big Buddha statue at the back, but the tables are placed with good space between them and the atmosphere can be more intimate, or you can sit at the Sushi Bar (though it's not one of those rotating ones).
Food options range from Japanese to Thai to Malay.
Unfortunately, the food didn't match the service. I had Thai Basil chicken which clearly had been microwaved - the chicken was overcooked, tough and tasteless - while the vegies were soft and lifeless rather than crisp, and the rice was dry and clagged rather than soft and moist as it should be out of the steamer. The spices were sadly lacking -- I didn't taste coriander, lemongrass, or most importantly, Thai Basil which is THE essential ingredient in "Thai Basil Chicken"! Prices were very reasonable (my meal with a starter salad & a beer was $20 including tip), but overall, I think there are better options in the 4th Av area.

• Visited April 2012