“My Favorite Restaurant in NYC” 5 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bedford
Transit: J/M/Z at Marcy, L at Bedford, G at Metropolitan
New York, NY
“My Favorite Restaurant in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Hands down my favorite restaurant in NYC. It's somewhat expensive, but it's not like you're going to eat here every day. A very eclectic menu which is somewhat asian fusion. Everything is smoked, and the waiter even smoked our bill once, which was actually cool, but kind of hard to read... Anyway, I recommend the lamb shoulder, noodles, broth, ribs, and s'more pie for dessert. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu, and the cocktails are incredible.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Plainview, New York
“Disappointing trip: average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I heard so much hype about this place that we shot out from Long Island to Brookyln. Unfortunately, the food was only average. Some plates were great, others big misses. The atmosphere was cool, but that did not make up for a very raw chicken dish and repetitive flavors among some of the specials. The bill was very expensive for the food delivered to the table. I will give it another try, but so far "one strike."

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
jessejean
“Nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

The food was good but portions were small. I liked the atmosphere and would go back for that.

Visited April 2011
Tenafly, New Jersey
“Nice, but way too spicy for my taste.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

You can see that owners are really trying, so that makes you feel good, good service, great drinks, but food was way to spicy for our taste (and we like a bit spicy). So, ask before you order.. Also, rabbit (signature dish) comes deep fried which is not specified on the menu..didn't like it. Pasta was excellent.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Absolutely Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I went to the one in the West Village for my birthday.

To start with, everyone in the staff was very enthusiastic, positive, and knowledgeable... With our waitress's guidance, we chose a number of dishes to the middle, from all the four sections they have.

Everything, and I mean everything that came to our table had a unique, delicious taste to it... Some must-haves are the Apple Salad and the Roasted Carrots; the Buttermilk Pappardelle was also worth trying. I loved the smoked-pineapple juice.

The atmosphere was just as bit cool as the food was. Only problem was that it was way too loud when we entered, and the loud hip hop music added on top did not completely help it.

The pricing was reasonable for a restaurant of this caliber.

Overall, this place should definitely be checked out...

• Visited January 2012