“Homeless shelter offered to tourists” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sunny's House Brooklyn

Sunny's House Brooklyn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brooklyn
Sunny's House Brooklyn
williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY 11211   |
Ranked #29 of 55 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Homeless shelter offered to tourists”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

Don´t get it wrong this is not a hostel it's a HOMELESS SHELTER were men over fifty and a few hookers live on a permanent basis.
The rooms are so little your backpack doesn´t fit. The place is dirty, filthy all over and feels totally unhealthy. Bed bugs are welcomed along the homeless people. The noise from the subway tracks is too loud to let you sleep, now add people shouting and disputes all over the night.
Being a female solo traveller I would NEVER EVER STAY THERE, I was afraid the whole night fearing someone would break into my thin-as-paper walled room, I felt really insecure, left after 1 night having paid for two. Please stay away from this place, it's not a hostel is hell on earth. The most terrifying experience I have ever had.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
サニーズハウス, オーナー at Sunny's House Brooklyn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Hello Chucho_Nordes,
I am the owner of this facility. Would you be kind enough to CHECK once again to make sure of the name where you have stayed?
This is our site. http://www.sunnyshousebrooklyn.com
I have read your comment and I am terribly disappointed of your dishonesty, if you know where you are writing about. Everything you said above seems to be very wrong and POSSIBLY writing for some other hostels?? It would be very helpful if you think the above statement is a mistake and delete the comment because you are truly scaring some people who wants to come in.

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2008

Where to start? This is one of the worst experiences of my traveling life. I have stayed in a lot of hostels, as well as working in two for an extended amount of time. I have been an advocate for hostelling. I have heard the nightmare stories, but I thought people were just pampered or something. That is until I stayed here at the Glenwood Hostel which also doubles as an insane asylum for homeless men over 40. Do not believe the website!!! The website makes this place look like a normal hostel, it's not true, let me repeat, it's not true. I only stayed in the place for a little over an hour, but I still somehow feel tainted by its stench of alcohol, sweat and mold. Once we told the front desk clerk we were leaving and wanted our money back, he refused to give all of it back, we had booked two nights and only got the second night's money back. I would have paid more money to leave this place than I paid to stay. It was probably the worst place I have ever been in. Do not stay here!!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hello Dougthepartyguy,
This is our site. http://www.sunnyshousebrooklyn.com
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

I found myself in a pickle right after new year's, and it was in the neighborhood I was in, so I figured I could take it for a night. Hey, it had internet, so I could use that to find another place, right?
Holy moly, I have never experienced such a hellhole such as this.
And me, little miss down south, lost in the woods is wondering, "hummm, what's that wierd, sweet, musty odor?". Well, now I know it to be from the unbelievable bedbug infestation. I made it through the night, exposing myself and my bag to bedbugs before I made it uptown to a better place. Made it meaning I laid there in 13 degree temps listening to intimate sounds of people around me through the paper thin "cubicle" walls. I knew I was in for a rough time, but this place is unbelievable. I am now back home, fighting bugs with everything I've got. Fun. Believe me, don't ever, ever go here or you will be sorry. The website is a lie, and the place is a health hazard, looney bin, and a fire-trap. There are homeless shelters better than this.

Stayed January 2008
Hello,

Been to Sunny's House Brooklyn? Share your experiences!