“OK for a 1 night stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Brooklyn
Hertfordshire
“OK for a 1 night stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Location is good as right on Atlantic Avenue. No parking but if you need to leave the car overnight and park late and leave early it can work as yu can park immediatly outside the hotel for short periods overnight. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Room OK, bathroom fine,really apart from the noise from people up and down the corridor all night it was OK. I just think as it was OK and not good or great I would not want to spend many nights there but absolutly fine for a 1 night stop and would be happy to use it again for that purpose just think I, personally, would prefer another hotel for a longer stay. But if on a budget and need to be in that area it is fine and wouldnt want to put anyone off as the 1 night stay for me is just my personal preferrence of what I like to normally stay in

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our BEST WESTERN PLUS - ARENA HOTEL. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it. Our neighborhood as in all neighborhoods in New York City is changing. There are new developments and shops opening up on a daily basis. With the opening of the Barclay Center a short distance away we expect more developments and shops opening in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had a very nice and clean room on 4th floor, with two beds, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, and stayed for three nights. I usually have all kinds of issues in a hotel, be it in a 4 + star for business, or for vacation. However, due to window insulation it was quiet, and we all (our kids are 9 and 11) had a good night's sleep. Great mattresses! Staff was very helpful, and breakfast was a good start in the morning, especially the excellent coffee. Check-in and check-out worked like a charm. In general, one should try to arrive in daylight, but suggest that, even if you feel a little uncomfortable at night, the neighborhood has been changing and improved.

Room Tip: try to get a room on 4th or 5th floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
We couldn't have said it better! Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our BEST WESTERN PLUS - ARENA HOTEL. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.
millbrook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Frankly, did my best to recall a negative experience, but simply couldn't. Staff at check-in was very friendly, efficient and helpful, as well as at checkout, when they reserved a car for me. I'm a light sleeper and was located on the first floor across from the breakfast room and elevator, and heard NOTHING from the moment I checked in....maybe weekday nights are quiet. Room had all amenities you could ask for....those found in $400 hotels in Manhattan and, I imagine, all rooms are similar. Aha, one thing! Walking on north side of Atlantic Avenue from subway, I walked two blocks beyond hotel as the overhead railroad structure blocked the hotel's signing, which is high up. They need a sign at street level. If there is one, I missed it. Granted, the neighborhood is grim at night....much livlier in the morning. But, if you arrive in the daytime, you shouldn't be intimidated. If the location works for you definitely try this BW.

Room Tip: My room was in the back and very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We couldn't have said it better!
Needham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel has a very friendly staff and nice rooms which have good window insulation. So what's the problem? The doors allow all sorts of noise through, especially if you're on the first floor near the lobby. Despite a comfortable bed, I hardly slept as it felt like people were talking in my ear. I don't know if this problem is solvable. The door had big gaps on the bottom which I'm guessing is where most of the noise was coming from. Perhaps they can correct this and solve the problem, I don't know. Otherwise, it's not a bad property. The rooms have a huge flatscreen TV, coffeemaker, fridge and free wifi. The area isn't the best but the subway is 2 blocks away and the LIRR is across the hotel. The staff was super helpful. I was attending a game at the Barclay's center which is fairly close by (a few subway stops or a $10 cab ride) which made this hotel convenient. If I were to go back, I'd make sure to get a room on the upper levels away from the lobby.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor near lobby
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here with our two kids 9 and 4 after being relocated for job purposes. We were initially supposed to only stay one night but ended up staying longer. The staff was very courteous, said hello to my son even though he said like 6 times and didn't give me a problem with check in. The room was clean although a little crowded as there were two full sized beds but still comfortable enough. The price is a little high and they do not offer military discounts but its reasonable for short stays. The breakfast was actually breakfast with a variety of different things like pancakes, croissants, cereal and other things. Very good by the way and its free or maybe coveted in the nightly rate either way very worth it. If I'm ever in the area again I will definitely stay here again. A big thank you to the staff at this location.

• Stayed March 2013
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I found the room that we stayed in to be clean and comfortable. The noise level was a bit high- could hear the neighbor opening and closing their door repeatedly. I was also in the basement level (not the best). Additionally, there was supposed to be free parking. I would suspect that there were about 50 rooms in this hotel and 9 parking spaces. Their alternative was a parking lot for $15/overnight. Fortunately, we found on street parking on Pacific Ave. I would not have felt comfortable leaving my car on Atlantic.
The staff was courteous and friendly. The rates were not too bad and I would consider staying again.

Room Tip: check the parking. i would recommend asking for a room above basement level
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
General M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

came here to celebrate my valentines day weekend never again, the staff said they smelled marijuana from the room, that was actually coming from the vent. i invited them in to see that it was not from my room but that did not help them reach their mission of finding who it was. they knocked on my door atleast 3 different times as you would see on the cameras. the last time was because the female employee heard my girlfriend laugh out and took it as if she was yelling they told me open the door which i did, the employee looked in and saw that she was fine, The employee once again told us that she smelled marijuana covered up with perfume which she was yelling at me telling me the police is right there in the next room. It seem as if i paid my money to be insulted and yelled at. I was not satisfied at all. I have never been this humiliated in my life

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Sir,

We are sorry that your stay was not what you've hope for. But the fact is that the smell of marijauna was coming from your room with a heavy dose of perfume. In past experience the perfume was used to cover up cigarette and marijuana smoking. Also fact is around 2am, your girlfriend was sceaming so loud that three people at the Front Desk heard her screaming a few times " Stop, Stop, Get off me, Your Hurting me". Given these circumstances we had to knock on your door and investigate.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel? Share your experiences!