“rude and disrespectful staff 2/16/13- 2/17/13” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Brooklyn
Brooklyn, New York
“rude and disrespectful staff 2/16/13- 2/17/13”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

came here to celebrate my valentines day weekend never again, the staff said they smelled marijuana from the room, that was actually coming from the vent. i invited them in to see that it was not from my room but that did not help them reach their mission of finding who it was. they knocked on my door atleast 3 different times as you would see on the cameras. the last time was because the female employee heard my girlfriend laugh out and took it as if she was yelling they told me open the door which i did, the employee looked in and saw that she was fine, The employee once again told us that she smelled marijuana covered up with perfume which she was yelling at me telling me the police is right there in the next room. It seem as if i paid my money to be insulted and yelled at. I was not satisfied at all. I have never been this humiliated in my life

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Sir,

We are sorry that your stay was not what you've hope for. But the fact is that the smell of marijauna was coming from your room with a heavy dose of perfume. In past experience the perfume was used to cover up cigarette and marijuana smoking. Also fact is around 2am, your girlfriend was sceaming so loud that three people at the Front Desk heard her screaming a few times " Stop, Stop, Get off me, Your Hurting me". Given these circumstances we had to knock on your door and investigate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel has nice clean rooms, comfortable beds, and an above average breakfast. However, the room we had was facing the street and subway. Subway noise was loud and noisy...hard to sleep after 6 A.M. and before 1 A.M. The breakfast had all the usual items plus Greek Yogurt and hard boiled eggs....much better than I expected ! As far as the area goes, it's Brooklyn for sure .....

Room Tip: Stay in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our BEST WESTERN PLUS - ARENA HOTEL. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it. Our neighborhood as in all neighborhoods in New York City is changing. There are new developments and shops opening up on a daily basis. With the opening of the Barclay Center a short distance away we expect more developments and shops opening in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We were three and stayed two nights in the same bedroom.

Double bed rooms are small and so are the beds as well. Isolation is not amazing but we still had good night sleeps. We enjoyed the TV and free wifi.

Breakfast is totally ok to start your day and staff was friendly.

• Stayed November 2012
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

So I was moving from Brooklyn to Manhattan, and I enlisted my parents to assist me. They booked the Best Western as it was close to my apartment. A day before they were set to arrive, my mom was seriously injured. I called Best Western to try and cancel/even just get hotel credit. The hotel staff did not care. Even I explained the seriousness of the accident (it involved her being medevacted), they said they did not think that was a good cancellation reason. Words cannot express how horrible these people are.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Katherine

We are sorry for you mother's injury and hopes she is recovering well. Our cancellation policy is 48 hours prior to arrival, the fact is, we offered twice to move the date of arrival to a future date, once by Shadena at the Front Desk and through Best Western Customer Care. Both times it was refused. Best Western is offering you a travel card in the amount of the room rate pending they received documentations from your parents.
Torrington, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I can say of all the hotels I had stay in this was by far the worst. The rooms were not that clean and the staff was rude. As for the free breakfast, go across the street instead. I had a billing problem when I check out and the manger just didn't care.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about BEST WESTERN PLUS - ARENA HOTEL. Under isolated events, we may fall short of exceeding our guest expectations. I have passed your comments on to the Corporate Office. All feedback is necessary for us to continue to improve.
Sydney Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

First up we have to give Cleo (night mgr) the best wrap ! She made our 4 night stay and was always bubbly and helpful , real can do attitude ! We got stuck in New Jersey with no accomm and rang to see if our room was available a night earlier then booked ? No problem , only room left but come on down, so 4 hours later roll into a dark NYC with gas station lines and backed up toilets ! Soon fixed by Cleo !! The Hotel is well located , a short stroll to the Subway , in an old area but is slowly being redeveloped. There were many restaurants in the vicinity from Applebees to Ethiopian to Caribbean to Italian ! What a selection !! One or two bars but they appeared a bit seedy to this correspondent ! The area is predominatly black but never missed a beat walking around the neighbourhood as it was very safe for all. The only complaint I would have is that the Hotel should look at slower door closers (or quiter guests!) as the emergency workmen doing storm repairs we had as fellow guests would SLAM their doors at all hours otherwise the double glazed windows worked a treat and you never heard the Elevated Line. The rooms aren't huge but you have everything you want/need and they are clean and comfortable in a fairly new building. The Breakfast was also fine, would stay again , no problem !!

Room Tip: Get a room at the rear facing the carpark !!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our BEST WESTERN PLUS - ARENA HOTEL. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Our neighborhood as in all neighborhoods in New York City is changing. There are new developments and shops opening up on a daily basis. With the opening of the Barclay Center a short distance away we expect more developments and shops opening in the near future. Your feedback makes it all worth it.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel? Share your experiences!