“Would serve as a discount-rate hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Brooklyn
Brooklyn, New York
“Would serve as a discount-rate hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My elderly mother and her husband stayed there over the Thanksgiving holiday. The room with king bed is impossibly small for two, and the bathroom is merely okay. The first room they were given did not have working heat, so they were moved the first night to another. During their four night stay the elevators broke, which required calling the Fire Department. A very negative aspect of their stay was a dreadful $15 buffet breakfast with limited choices and overcooked eggs. Overall, the experience was a budget hotel charging upscale rates.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for your note. I do believe I met your mom and her husband this past weekend and am sorry they did not enjoy our breakfast. I'll be sure to speak with our Executive Chef and Restaurant Managers regarding this matter.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you or your family return to Brooklyn. I look onward to being your host in the near future.

Marie Kupfer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Just got back from a 4 night stay. I shared a room with a friend.
The 2 large doubles were fabulously appointed in terms of bed linen, comfortors, pillows etc.
I can honestly say that I have never started a review mention the above!!
In short very super comfy, good size and awesome nights sleep each night.

The room was a reasonable size, very modernly appointed - large flat screen telly and a clean modern bit trendy bathroom - although the grout in parts needed some attention.

The bar downstairs was ok - bit hit and miss depending on who served you. Some of the bar tenders were great - others clearly didnt want to be at work - mainly the female bar tenders - bit too much attitude.

This was not a bar to spend an evening in - more one for a night cap. Also they close it very early - 11-11.30 on some nights.

Location - at all times felt safe, the neighbour hood is a little down market - but totally fine.

For comfort and location if you mind not being on the island - i would recommend on location and for comfort and value.

Also service on the front desk - again depends on who you get 90% of the time - they couldnt do enough.

Taxis - be aware if you ask them to get you a cab - the cabs give you some mi. 18usdoller fee nonsense regardless of how close you are travelling .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Not only the best bed and bedding in town but the best in the industry Sheratons sweet sleeper mattress and our sister brand Westins heavenly bed are world renowned I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have passed along your comments to our food and beverage staff so we may use this as a learning tool at our weekly staff meeting

North Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were in New York for a conference at Brooklyn Tabernacle this past weekend. We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. We travel a lot, and our expectations can be high. This hotel more than met our expectations. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Because of Sandy; Fema was stationed in the hotel. It was very busy, but there was always plenty of staff to help us. They gave us a wonderful room with a great view. We could see the Statute of Liberty! The room was quiet, we heard nothing from the other guests or outside traffic, The coffee in the room was Star Bucks! The bed was very comfortable. When we asked for a fridge to keep medical supplies in, they gave us one at no extra cost. We checked out Wednesday morning, and they held our luggage for us so we could enjoy the city for the day. We will definitely stay here again. It was a centrally located close to every where we wanted to go. We walked from our hotel, across Brooklyn Bridge to the 911 memorial and back. What a great day! Tiring but fun! Great, great place to stay!! We highly recommend this place

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Walking or biking the Brooklyn Bridge always makes for a great day. The views are breathtaking
I'm so glad the Sheraton was part of your trip.

Be sure to come and visit again soon. We look forward to being your host

Middlesex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Booked here for the night with my husband and my two young children (7 & 5yrs old) when we were left stranded without any power in a Lower Manhattan five star hotel after Hurricane Sandy! So nice to be greeted with friendly and helpful staff, as well as power and hot water!

Nice clean compact and quiet rooms. The beds were very comfortable and there were lovely Starbucks coffee facilities in the room. Lovely clean bathroom too. Restaurant staff made us feel welcome and the food was pretty good too!

The staff were very accommodating, which meant we could at least enjoy the sights of Brooklyn after being so cooped up in a darken hotel previously. We had ordered a car to take us to Newark Airport in the evening but unfortunately, there were none due to the gas shortage which had suddenly enveloped NYC. However, the helpful reception staff made a few phone calls and a car was found and it had been topped with fuel (phew!). Thank you so much for sorting this out as by then, I think we were all ready to go home to Blighty!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Glad to hear we were a life saver for you and yes we were fortunate to be able to help many left without power and water as "Sandy" came to visit

We look forward to being your host again under different circumstances. Remember events at the Barclay Canter and a visit to the Brooklyn Terrace are two more great reasons to return to the Sheraton

Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Had a work trip to Brooklyn and the Sheraton was one of the few moderately priced hotels available. I had originally booked two rooms for one night - one for me, one for a co-worker. As it turned out, the co-worker did not need the room. I knew it was too late to cancel the room, so I asked if I could move that reservation to the next night. They had no problem with moving it, so I didn't lose the money.

The rooms are decent sized (giant compared to most Manhattan rooms). A large flat screen TV and very cushy bed (still a bit soft, though).

Nearby is Fulton Street Mall - basically just a city street with shops on either side. It's full of the typical New York shops - gray market electronics and such - but there are some big box stores as well - Macy's had a store there. The subway stop is nearby. The stop at Barclays Center is about 6 or 7 blocks away and has five or six lines stopping there. Also by Barclays is an indoor mall with Target, Best Buy, etc. The Brooklyn Bridge is relatively close - you can walk there no problem.

Interestingly, I could have gotten a cheaper room in Manhattan. But since my work was in Brooklyn at the Barclays Center, it didn't really make sense to stay further away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Great to hear you enjoyed your time at the Sheraton. Clearly our proximity to the Barclay Center and of course SPG points are two great reasons to stay at the property

We look forward to being your host in the not too distant future

Safe travels

NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel itself was quite nice, but that's the most I can give as far as a good review. I felt the website was very deceptive. The staff was courteous at best, restaurant staff seemed to be trained to ignore you until absolutely required. The food was below average. The continental breakfast in the club lounge was subpar, with the exception of the staff. They were the only highlight of the stay. Very nice, and went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of.
I felt safe in the area during the day, but only because I was with my husband and would never stay there without a male. Our cabdriver knew absolutely everywhere in Brooklyn but had never heard of the hotel and was not crazy about the area in general. We stayed there because our normal hotel in Manhattan (comparable in price) was booked, but next time I will hold out until they are available. I will not stay here again, nor will I recommend it. Not bad, simply not worth the $$.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Great to hear you enjoyed the property. We are excited to be the newest full service hotel in Brooklyn but sorry to hear your favorite hotel is in Manhattan

We will continue striving to satisfy the needs of all our guests and look forward to being your host in the near future. The Sheraton is a great option if you are attending a function at the new Barclay Center or going to the Brooklyn Terrace, our roof top lounge

Marie J Kupfer
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here because I wanted to be near Brooklyn Heights and found a great AAA rate that included club access and Wi-Fi. I asked for a quiet room, and was given exactly that--at the far end of the hall. The room was smallish but comortable and functional--the wi-fi was fast and the Starbucks coffee in the room beats the swill often found at the in-room coffeemaker.

The club lounge was large and coffee was always available. The breakfast bar was good, but not spectacular. The health club was exceptional--new equipment and complete set of weights. The valet parking was a bargain at $35 if you paid cash, and the hotel's proximity to Brooklyn Heights in one direction, and Park Slope, Cobble Hill, Ft. Greene, etc in the other was excellent. This would be a great place to come for an event at the new Barclays Center, or any other reason to stay in Brooklyn. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: My room was at the end of the hall, facing west, and was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for extolling all the wonderful attributes of the Sheraton in Brooklyn. If you have some time to work along side my sales gang I would gladly have you.

Please be sure to visit the Brooklyn Terrace our rooftop lounge the next time you are at the hotel. We look forward to being your host.

Safe Travels

Marie Kupfer

Been to Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel? Share your experiences!