“Good Mexican” 5 of 5 stars

Transit: F or G trains to 7th Ave. Brooklyn
Rome, Italy
“Good Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Though this place can get very busy and noisy, it's so worth it for the great Mexican food. No Tex-Mex nonsense, but good Mexican food. Drinks were great as well, so were desserts. Very good service despite the crowds. Reservations advised!

• Visited February 2013

Brooklyn, New York
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The cons - it's popular, so it's crowded and noisy. The pros - it's popular because the food is good. This is not burritos and tacos Mexican - it's real Mexican food, and quite good. I did tend to see the same weird sauce drowning a few dishes, which was not attractive, but it's worth a try.

Visited March 2013
England
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

So, I've spent time in California, and I've even spent a month in Mexico. "So? Do you want a medal?" I hear you ask. Well, no, but I feel I need to mention it, otherwise you'll see that I'm from England and wonder what the hell I know about Mexican food. Fonda was hands down the best restaurant of our New York trip. Every mouthful was a joy. The service was great but the food was so downright delicious, words escape me. I could cry because it's so far away from me. I hope to God it's still there next time we come to New York, it'll be the first place we eat.

• Visited March 2013
Nottingham
“Just Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We popped into Fonda on the off chance that they might have a table on a Thursday night. After a 20 minute wait (Bar 4 just up the road is worth a pop into if you need to wait) we got a table, and we were so pleased that we did. The service was excellent through out the meal, which consisted of Guac and chips to start, which came with mini tortillas and a lovely Chipotle salsa as well as the wonderful, creamy guacamole and chips, 2 beautiful mains of brisket and one of the chicken dishes (I forget which) all washed down with a cold bottle of Pacifico. We spent 10 nights on the East coast in Philadelphia and NYC and this was the best food we had on the whole trip. Absolutely delicious and if this we're in Nottingham, we would be going all the time....probably for the best it is a 6\7 hour flight away. If we do venture to NYC again in the future (more than likely) we will defintely be eating here again.

• Visited March 2013
Brooklyn
“Tan food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

No flavor, no color and bad service.
I don't understand how they are still in business. How can Mexican type food not be spicy and how can it be flavorless?
Tan was the predominant color of the food.

I suppose the the transplants from anywhere but NYC think this is tasty food. Too expensive as well.

Visited September 2012