“Good food, but not accommodating.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Organic, Coffee Shop, Bakeries, Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Coppell, Tx
“Good food, but not accommodating.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The food was good, but our party of 7 ran into some service issues. First we were seated in a corner booth that must have been situated above the pits of hell. It was soooo hot a couple of our family members almost passed out. We told the waiter but nothing was really done to alleviate the heat. Then when we ordered dinner, one of the couples in our group wanted to share a pizza. One likes mushrooms and the other does not so they asked the server if mushrooms could be put on only half the pizza. He replied, " Absolutely not, the kitchen would throw things at me of I requested that." Obviously they don't subscribe to preparing food the way the customer wants it. I don't think it is too complicated to put half the mushrooms you normally would on a pizza. The food was good but over-priced.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Delicioso!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Such excellent food, made with fresh ingredients. So many restaurants that I've been to in the US put an American twist on meals (ie. jalapeno peppers and cilantro with sushi). It was great to go to a place that just focuses on good food with authentic ingredients and combinations.

They also do great cocktails and make their pasta themselves. Staff were helpful and friendly too. Only disappointment for me was that they don't have any gluten free pasta or pizza options because they looked so good, I was jealous of my dining companions.

Eat here, you won't regret it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I loved this place; the pasta was perfect, a tiny bit al dente but with an amazing sauce, and the pizza was one of the best I had whilst in New York. We felt a tiny bit rushed whilst eating especially as it wasn't busy, but we were crazy tired so we could just have been overly judgemental.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa
“The pizza that changed my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed on Macon Street recently in Brooklyn over the Easter weekend. Our host recommended this restaurant. We arrived late on a Sunday night. I asked the server what was their best pizza and she referred me to the Coppa e carciofi. It was the first New York style pizza that I have ever eaten and it blew my mind. The crust was airy but soft, the crumb was slightly charred. There was arugula on top and some yummy cured meat. What have I been eating all my life? For dessert, we shared a classic panna cotta and I ordered some of their cappuccino and a snifter of Italian bitters, of which they have about 6-7 different types. For atmosphere, it's rustic chic, white-washed wood on the walls, with folksy signs. The tables are wood and there are mismatched metal and wood chairs. Lots of white candlelight drawing you closer to your dinner companion. There is a bar there and some locals seem to be chatting with the staff. I did notice the staff itself sat down to a large meal together replete with the wine of their choosing. That's different! Anyways, if you are in Bed-Stuy area, it's worth a visit for great Italian food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nyack, New York
“This place is FUN !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

What a nice surprise! My wife and I found ourselves in this restaurant with two friends based on the recommendation from a local.

While Bedford Stuyvesant is not known for its "Foodie Establishments", this place was fantastic.

The place is funky and you get the full Brooklyn experience with the hip waiters, great cocktails and fine dining. The pizza is brick oven, thin crust style. We had a buffalo mozzarella margarita pizza with mushrooms. We also had a shrimp dish, a blue fish dish as well as salads and cocktails.

The place if FUN and RELAXED. The decor is funky and the service is great!!

• Visited February 2013