“Very nice indeed” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very nice indeed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

My son and I had arrived in Brooklyn bleary eyed from our Transatlantic flight and shuffled down the street to this restaurant with no expectation. It really is very nice indeed!! As previous reviewers have stated it is an unassuming building and at first I was unsure it was actually open but once inside the door all concerns melted away, chic rustic decor provided a comforting aesthetic, the service was charming and the food really does what it says on the tin, uncomplicated and tasty, the garden salad was excellent, the pizza delicious and the coffee, oh the coffee, hands down the best cappuccino I had whilst in New York and up there with my all time greats, and believe me, I am obsessive about my cappuccino.......

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Montreal
“Don't Judge it by its outsides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I recently went to this amazing little restaurant on my last trip to New York City. My cousin had told me there was a great pizza place around the corner from her house, so when we walked up to a dark, run down looking building, I started to have some doubts. Walking inside however was like day and night. The interior is decorated in beautiful white walls with mismatched white furniture. It was a nice homey feeling. The staff is really nice and the service was quick. We ordered two pizzas for three people: plenty if you ask me. If you happen to be as lucky as I was, you can order the fresh burrata cheese as an appetizer. It's not always on the menu though because it's such a popular entree. They fly in the cheese weekly from Puglia in Italy.
In all, this place is one of the best pizza Brooklyn has to offer and I encourage everyone to check it out

• Visited March 2012
New York City, New York
“Great pizza.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Great pizza in an unlikely part of town. The space is a little bare, a bit rustic. Service was on the slower side, but it's worth the wait.

Visited October 2011
Austin, Texas
“Great pizza and house salad.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Marguerita pizza is recommended. House salad was very good. The farmhouse atmosphere was unique and quite different from what you usually see in a restaurant. There is a very limited choices in dining in the neighborhood but is highly recommended if in the area. Only negative I can think of is it is cash only.

• Visited March 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“Reliable and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

This is a wonderful addition to the neighborhood of Bed Stuy. The food is always good and the prices are very reasonable, which is especially appreciated since they are cash only. The octopus salad special on the evening menu is my absolute favorites.