“Friendly staff, decent price, free parking, good continental breakfast but quite dirty” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn Brooklyn

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 51 hotels in Brooklyn
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for 4 nights.
pros:
friendly staff
free parking
Our room was on the 3rd floor and had a view of the Statue of Liberty and the new World Trade Centre building. The continental breakfast had hard boiled eggs, yogurt, egg and sausage patties in addition to the usual cereal, toast and fruit.

I was a bit worried to stay here after I had read some reviews about bed bugs and mice, but it wasn't quite THAT bad.

Cons: I am very sorry to say that it was very dirty though. There were clumps of hair behind the bathroom door. You could tell that the floor hadn't been swept in a while. The dressers and nightstands hadn't been wiped off and had spill marks on them. Long dark hairs kept appearing from the fresh towels and the bed sheets. The coffee maker had not been cleaned out from the last guests. The coffee pot was dirty and the coffee/filter was still inside (which I found out when I went to run hot water through for tea and it came out coffee). All of these things remained even after 3 days of housekeeping so it's clear that housekeeping consists of making the bed, emptying the garbages and replacing the towels and that's it. Our ironing board was also broken and our mini fridge was (surprisingly clean) sitting extremely lopsided because the cabinet it was in
had a hole it in.

Located in a dirty
neighbourhood and about a 15 min walk to the nearest subway.

It was clear that it was a very busy time for the hotel, but cleanliness should not be compromised. I'm sad to say that I would only stay here again as a last resort. The main reason is because of the lack of cleanliness, neighbourhood and distance from the subway station

• Stayed August 2014

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Oneonta, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Convenient to subway 2 long blocks up to 4th avenue. To the BQE and Shore Parkway convenient to drive anywhere in the metropolitan area. There was hair and debris underneath the head board area. There was a pizza paper under the night table. During the night I heard scampering around. In the morning I told the desk clerk there was something running around my room and chewing on paper. He said "What? They got up that high??" We are staying elsewhere in spite of the convenience from now on.

Room Tip: Go high up and make sure you ask for clean sheets. Check the toilet and bed. They did clean up when...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
698dineshb, General Manager at Sleep Inn Brooklyn, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. We really apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay.

We do apologize for an unclean guest room, since it is not in our policy to leave our guest rooms to be unclean and unfinished. We always assure our guest rooms and guest restroom to be inspected before it’s given to our valuable guest. But unfortunately it may be possible that our housekeepers have missed a few aspects but it is not in their routine to do so. Please, I apologize very much for the spiteful quality since we are doing our best to improve every part of the hotel as possible.

Please excuse us at this time as we are doing our best everyday to provide excellent service for our guests. We will definitely improve our mistakes and make sure they are not repeated in the future any more.

-GM
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

i really enjoyed this hotel. it was clean and unexpectedly nice . my first time staying at a sleep inn.
the bed was cozy and room is modern. the concierge DO NOT harass you. they mind their business and provide good service. i didn't eat breakfast but i did use the microwave and it seems that they have a nice little spread to start your day. its a hidden hotel but accessible to the 45th street train... the walk really isn't that far. its in a predominantly Spanish neighborhood but it seemed safe. i walked from the train station and met some cool ppl along the way.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I showed up to this hotel with no where to go because of other failed plans. The manager here accommodated not only myself but in a few days the arrival of my family. The honored our corp/group rate even though that block of rooms was sold out!! Amazing.

The rooms are good. Clean. Breakfast is good. Front desk is helpful
The location appears different, cause we are New York, so it is different.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wyong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

At first glance the neighbourhood isn't the greatest. But it was quiet through both nights of our stay, which was unexpected. The front desk were helpful and checking in and out was easy. The room was a bit cramped (space is expensive), but it was nice and clean.

Pros: Easy Check In/Out, Friendly Staff, Clean Amenities, Free Parking, Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast (with decent selection), Quiet Neighbourhood, 5 miles from Brooklyn Bridge and not far from Coney Island (my reason for giving a "Very Good" on location).

Cons: Small Parking lot, Semi-seedy Neighbourhood, Slow Elevator

All in all, I would happily stay here again if I'm ever back in Brooklyn.

Room Tip: The first floor has easy stair access and is where breakfast is served, if you don't want to wai...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
698dineshb, General Manager at Sleep Inn Brooklyn, responded to this review, July 1, 2014

Kind Regards,
Management
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Pros: Very inexpensive, free parking, free internet, complimentary breakfast, heat lamp in bathroom, toiletries include shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, and lotion, iron and ironing board, plenty of outlets, clean fridge and microwave, good housekeeping service (although my white socks are now permanently gray from the carpet).

Cons: Located in an industrial park area so there is not a whole lot of options for food in the area (although I ordered delivery from several places that were good), breakfast eating area was very crowded and not the tastiest, limited parking (No street parking on Mondays and Thursdays from midnight until 3:00 am or it’s a $45 ticket), small rooms, incredibly loud A/C, no pool or gym.

Breakfast included yogurt, cereal, bagels, donuts, cinnamon rolls (I didn’t really like these), waffles, hard boiled eggs, sausages, juice (including POG juice! Passion Fruit, Orange, and Guava!)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
698dineshb, General Manager at Sleep Inn Brooklyn, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Hello foxegurl266,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. It’s a pleasure to hear that you had such a positive experience during your stay. On the other hand, we apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay.

Thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you in the future.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I selected the Sleep Inn on 45th Street, Brooklyn based on price and free parking, not for the neighborhood. I was able to take advantage of a price drop after I made my original on-line reservation. My two night stay in a fourth floor room was terrific! All the amenities ... fridge, iron and board, flat screen tv, toiletries, comfortable bed and linens were all in good order. The staff were helpful and friendly ... I had trouble starting the AC unit and maintenance came within two minutes of my call for assistance. The AC worked quite well. Worth noting ... my room was very quiet with a view over the clean, small 15 car, walled parking lot. There was always a space available for my rent car.
Several landmarks could be seen in the distance! The breakfast room was well stocked, I would say a cut above standard fare ... eggs and sausage, bagels, coffee and green tea, toast, waffles, and real butter! The free USA Today newspaper was a nice touch.
The location was quite handy to access my Bay Ridge, Green-Wood, and other more distant locations in Brooklyn and Queens. Driving was a hoot on the crowded narrow streets and busy highways ... not for the feint of heart ... one benefit: no taxi cabs! Street parking not a problem.
Sure I would stay here again .. and even bring the wife.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear on the 4th floor and above are quiet and have a bit of a view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hello bobo231,

We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and try our hardest to provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly stay for all our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you in the future.

Been to Sleep Inn Brooklyn? Share your experiences!