“Not a far walk from the subway want to give 3.5” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Brooklyn
Bloomfield, NM
“Not a far walk from the subway want to give 3.5”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My older Mom and I stayed March 2012. Was pretty clean and comfy, but very small, but hey, it's NY. Not a nice view out window, but wanted to sleep, shower and eat breakfast then visit my Niece and sightsee. Price was about 80 a night plus tax, made the reservation a few days before. Unsure if I would stay this far away if it were 120 or more a night. We walked around after dark and didn't find it too scary.

Room Tip: Expect to not have a lot of room for bags, pack light and you won't be as stressed.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel was comfortable and welcoming. We had asked for a single room with an extra bed, and when we arrived after midnight, all of the extra beds were gone. The staff upgraded us to a double room at no extra charge. The room was clean and quiet and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast room was cramped, but we appreciated getting a free breakfast with many choices. There was no problem parking even when the lot behind the building was full. This was a great value for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
breezy point, ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here because my house was destroyed in Breezy Point by Hurricane Sandy. This place is pretty bad, upon walking in the lobby, I was greeted by a big black tranny hooker (not that there is anything wrong with that) and it was all down hill from there. Can't say anything good about this place. It's very loud, doors slamming constantly, no security whatsoever and not in a good neighborhood. And just think all of this for only $200- a night. Definitely do not come here if you have children.

Room Tip: If you are unfortunate enough to stay here, there is a good bar at 59th and 4th called Irish Haven...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Leicester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel wasn't exactly in the most notable section of Brooklyn, but the place was clean, fairly convenient to the subway and very affordable....I would recommend it for sure! The people running it were very nice, very helpful and free morning breakfast was pretty good too. Oh, did I mention the FREE parking behind the building....very nice to have too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
OXFORD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I'd dreamt for so long of visiting New York and decided just to go for it, life's short and unpredictable. I didn't have the money for a hotel in Manhattan so booked a week at the Sleep Inn. I'd read a mixture of reviews, some good, some bad, and prepared myself for the worst. I brought cleaning products etc. so my holiday wouldn't be spoiled if the room was shoddy. It turned out, I didn't need them - it was spotless, aside from about a centimetre of dust around the edge of the room where it looks asthough the hoover attachment prevents a proper cleaning. The bathroom was massive and sparkling clean, and the room had everything I needed. There were grocery stores and takeways nearby and a fridge in the room so I could chill out with pizza and a beer when I got back at night. I didn't bother with the breakfast, I did so much exploring and walking every day I simply couldn't get up in time! It was about a 7 minute walk to the subway and maybe 15 minutes to Lower Manhattan. I was prepared for this and took a book, although the subway itself was sometimes entertaining - a mariachi band walking up and down was a highlight! This hotel was fine by me - the staff were friendly and on the last day allowed me to store my suitcase after I'd checked out as my flight was quite late, so I could come back and get it in the evening instead of lugging it around all day. If you want to visit NY and can't afford luxury, this place is perfect to take a hot shower and rest your head each night.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Montrose, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Sleep Inn is a hotel tucked in a neighborhood, which makes it a little hard to find. The staff was friendly and the rooms and lobby were very clean. The size of the room though was a bit of an issue. The bed was so large and the room so small, we had to walk sideways around the room (I even had to step into my suitcase, in order to not break it while walking in the room when it was shut!). The bed was comfortable and while the parking in the hotel lot was very limited, we had no real problem finding parking on the street. Subways near by made travel into Manhattan a breeze. A walk a few blocks away will lead you to some fun pubs and good late night sandwiches. I personally recommend the Union Hall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn Brooklyn? Share your experiences!