“Convenient, good service, and affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Brooklyn
Boston, Massachusetts
“Convenient, good service, and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel was comfortable and welcoming. We had asked for a single room with an extra bed, and when we arrived after midnight, all of the extra beds were gone. The staff upgraded us to a double room at no extra charge. The room was clean and quiet and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast room was cramped, but we appreciated getting a free breakfast with many choices. There was no problem parking even when the lot behind the building was full. This was a great value for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
breezy point, ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here because my house was destroyed in Breezy Point by Hurricane Sandy. This place is pretty bad, upon walking in the lobby, I was greeted by a big black tranny hooker (not that there is anything wrong with that) and it was all down hill from there. Can't say anything good about this place. It's very loud, doors slamming constantly, no security whatsoever and not in a good neighborhood. And just think all of this for only $200- a night. Definitely do not come here if you have children.

Room Tip: If you are unfortunate enough to stay here, there is a good bar at 59th and 4th called Irish Haven...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Leicester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel wasn't exactly in the most notable section of Brooklyn, but the place was clean, fairly convenient to the subway and very affordable....I would recommend it for sure! The people running it were very nice, very helpful and free morning breakfast was pretty good too. Oh, did I mention the FREE parking behind the building....very nice to have too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
OXFORD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I'd dreamt for so long of visiting New York and decided just to go for it, life's short and unpredictable. I didn't have the money for a hotel in Manhattan so booked a week at the Sleep Inn. I'd read a mixture of reviews, some good, some bad, and prepared myself for the worst. I brought cleaning products etc. so my holiday wouldn't be spoiled if the room was shoddy. It turned out, I didn't need them - it was spotless, aside from about a centimetre of dust around the edge of the room where it looks asthough the hoover attachment prevents a proper cleaning. The bathroom was massive and sparkling clean, and the room had everything I needed. There were grocery stores and takeways nearby and a fridge in the room so I could chill out with pizza and a beer when I got back at night. I didn't bother with the breakfast, I did so much exploring and walking every day I simply couldn't get up in time! It was about a 7 minute walk to the subway and maybe 15 minutes to Lower Manhattan. I was prepared for this and took a book, although the subway itself was sometimes entertaining - a mariachi band walking up and down was a highlight! This hotel was fine by me - the staff were friendly and on the last day allowed me to store my suitcase after I'd checked out as my flight was quite late, so I could come back and get it in the evening instead of lugging it around all day. If you want to visit NY and can't afford luxury, this place is perfect to take a hot shower and rest your head each night.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Montrose, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Sleep Inn is a hotel tucked in a neighborhood, which makes it a little hard to find. The staff was friendly and the rooms and lobby were very clean. The size of the room though was a bit of an issue. The bed was so large and the room so small, we had to walk sideways around the room (I even had to step into my suitcase, in order to not break it while walking in the room when it was shut!). The bed was comfortable and while the parking in the hotel lot was very limited, we had no real problem finding parking on the street. Subways near by made travel into Manhattan a breeze. A walk a few blocks away will lead you to some fun pubs and good late night sandwiches. I personally recommend the Union Hall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Hotel is conveniently located and the building is new. For New York, the room size was relatively good. All the furniture was new and comfortable. Parking is limited but we found a free spot inside the hotel.

I have nothing bad to say about the staff, location or the room comfortable. I forgot my sleeping suit in the bathroom, and when I called back the same day, I could not get it back.

Breakfast was good and we were allowed to take it to our bedroom.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn Brooklyn? Share your experiences!