“Me and my Wife” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 49 hotels in Brooklyn
Niagara Falls, New York
“Me and my Wife”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Hotel is conveniently located and the building is new. For New York, the room size was relatively good. All the furniture was new and comfortable. Parking is limited but we found a free spot inside the hotel.

I have nothing bad to say about the staff, location or the room comfortable. I forgot my sleeping suit in the bathroom, and when I called back the same day, I could not get it back.

Breakfast was good and we were allowed to take it to our bedroom.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

A friend and I stayed one night last week. The bedding was clean and the breakfast was very good. But the rooms weren't as clean as they could have been. There was a lot of dust around the edges of the carpet where it hadn't been cleaned properly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding in Greenpoint. The location was a little far from the wedding but the room was clean, spacious for NYC and a good deal. It was easy to find from Route 278 and was close to a good pizza place in Sunset Park as well as close to the park itself.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I booked a king bed / smoking , the room was very clean & comfortable except the bath floor was sticky...the room is tiny for double but as i was single traveler it was fit for me...the room equipped with a large LCD , a desk , tea maker & free wi-fi. The area wasn't nice at night (take care you are in Brooklyn) though he hotel is located in the best part of Brooklyn. The big problem it was so hard to find the hotel by car...My friend took me from JFK & spent more than 90 minutes to find the hotel despite my friend is Newyorker & had a GPS in her car. Back from Manhaten by taxi ( $33 ) & the driver missed the hotel twice , finally he called the hotel to check the right way & discovered that the address on Hotel's card was wrong !!!
Subway is close (about 300 meters) , a huge supermarket & other shops are nearby...parking is too small...staff were very friendly , breakfast is poor.
I booked this hotel for its price comparing with the Hotels prices at city center....distance by subway is about 30 minutes .

Room Tip: book aroom at the back away from the high way because the trucks are run all the night , try also to...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Jacksonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

being that i work in a hotel i really didn't expect for a hotel to even be this disgusting...as soon as i arrived i saw the dropping of mouse all on the bathroom floor as well as bedbugs...there was hair all over the bathroom, tubs were so stained i wouldn't bathe my dog in it and i don't have a dog...the sheets were filthy as well...i called front desk to report this and they switched my room. i was trying to giving them the benefit of the doubt so i switched rooms right next door and that room the ac didn't work...called downstairs again and the front desk clerk told me to try something and that didn't work so they came upstairs and told me i had a choice to go back to the room i was originally in or keep the other i opted to cancel...afterwards i went online to look up the hotel only to find that they had pictures posted of ppl with bite marks of bedbugs and a mouse eating someones food....I don't recommend this to any one...even after being on the road all day and not getting in til 3am i refused to stay there..

Room Tip: no good rooms stay as far away as you can
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I had waited until the last minute to book a room for a Friday night. This hotel was one of, if not the, last option for us. The room ended up costing $164, more than we would have liked to spend, but were desperate. The tiny parking lot is first come, first served although there appears to be plenty of parking on the street. Upon arrival into our room we were greeted with a musty smell throughout, dirty towels in the bathroom, dried blood on the musty shower curtain, and stained sheets. It wasn't until after our night in the bed did we realize that there were hairballs left from previous visitors at the foot of the bed. My boyfriend saw a roach and did not tell me until after we checked out. The staff was friendly and helpful in calling a taxi for us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was in NY celebrating a birthday with love ones. The hotel is a hit and miss meaning if you blink your going to miss it on the street we passed it twice before we finally figured out where they were located. The hotel sits in the back and the parking lot (or lack there of) is extremely small and parking is very busy on the week days but was better on Friday and Saturday. The room was clean, housekeeping was good but the room was very small and not fit for two people, the King size bed took up most of the room and its pretty cramped when housekeeping arrives so when they cleaned the room they asked us to sit in the lobby area lol we didnt mind due to we were headed out anyway. Staff were friendly but our room key had to be changed out more than once due to it wasnt working for our room. The walls were thin we heard other guests in the hallway talking loudy. If you plan to be out & about during your trip then this is a good choice but if you want spaceous and comfort go somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn Brooklyn? Share your experiences!