“Wonderful staff and perfect location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #18 of 50 hotels in Brooklyn
Chaska, Minnesota
“Wonderful staff and perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

First of all, thank you to previous reviewers who suggested staying in the bottom floors to avoid rooftop club noise--great tip!

Staff--day front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, evening/night staff, not so much! The day staff went above and beyond answering questions, getting us pamphlets, and making sure we were perfectly comfortable and informed!

Pool--the pool seems to be also used by employees and their families which is great for them, but not so much for guests. The pool and pool area isn't that big and when 4 employees use it with their kids, there's not much room left, not to mention all the chairs for towels and stuff are taken.

Lifeguard--the first lifeguard we had was very attentive! He asked us how the temperature was in the Jacuzzi and was checking levels, keeping the areas dry and clean, etc. The second lifeguard had headphones on and when I wanted to speak to him, I was literally yelling at him and finally had to get right next to him and yell at him to get him to hear me. This is a safety issue, not to mention a customer service issue. How can he possibly be alerted to an emergency situation when he's got headphones on!!!!!

Pool area--my husband and I were relaxing on the pool patio and all of a sudden, Christian music came blaring over the speakers. I'm ok with Christian music, but maybe a more universal genre would be more appropriate, and at a more appropriate volume. I asked the lifeguard (the one with headphones) to turn it down and he said he actually works for the Sheraton--not the best customer-service answer. I found an Aloft employee and the music was turned off quickly.

The hotel could be clearer on the location of the rooftop bar--we had no idea that it was actually located at the Sheraton until we couldn't find it and asked at the front desk.

Location--perfect! Within a 5-10 minute walk is any train line you could need! We were there for a week and didn't have to transfer once--direct subway trips all week! There are lots of little shops/convenience stores/restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Book on lower floors to avoid rooftop club noise. Don't hesitate to contact the staff--they are...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

484 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Our room was small but cleverly outfitted, with charging at the bedside table, great air conditioner, very comfortable bed with 4 pillows, nice shower, very clean, modern and cute. Front desk staff had a great attitude and were smart and helpful. Eat at Junior's down the street for a great, old-school breakfast that is huge and good quality.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jean P, General Manager at aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hello Birdish,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I’m happy you found our hotel to your liking. Hopefully the next time you return to Brooklyn you book your reservation here at the Aloft Brooklyn. Safe Travels. JP
Aventura, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. From arrival to departure, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The Wi-Fi is free and you receive a $5/day voucher to use in the shop if you refuse room cleaning (green). My room was on the 18th floor with a nice view at night (can't see the construction equipment at night and you are not usually in your room during the day). I had trouble hooking my computer up to the TV and called the front desk. The IT guy was at my door in minutes and got my computer hooked up. I slept like a baby at this hotel.

The style of the hotel is very modern and party-like - if you are looking for family style, this is not for you. The beds and pillows were ultra comfortable. The rooms are not large so I would not book one for more than 2-3 people, but who stays in the room in Manhattan???? The shower is very nice (but the shower head is not really for hair washing (rain shower). There is not a lot of closet space. really not a closet, just a hanging space and no dresser, which another reason more than 2 to a room may be a problem.
The roof is not always open to guests at night as it belongs to someone else(?). Don't worry about the cabs finding the hotel; it's just a little tricky with the construction going on. Planet Fitness is right down the block, if you are a member so bring your gear!

The shopping in the area is a little generic (so go to Williamsburg, Clinton Hills or the city to get your shop on! this is not the Brooklyn I knew 10 years ago; what a refreshing change). Just an FYI that the shopping really close to the hotel is a mall (outdoor) so shops close earlier than you think. See my reviews on Yelp about eating in NY - KendraL

The meals offered come from the Sheraton next door; skip it and yelp the places nearby; the staff there is rude and incompetent - saw it with my own eyes happening to another guest while I waited for a menu and coffee (why we weren't given a menu at seating is anyone's guess) and it took 15 minutes for the coffee to come with the creamer served in a (drinking glass????). Left enough to cover the coffee and didn't bother to complain.

I will definitely return - kudos to the staff on their professionalism; now go next door to the Sheraton and teach them how it's done.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, but not below roof access where some nights there is a party going on
Green Features: Love the perk of getting a voucher if you skip the towel change - there are plenty of towels in the room and if you don't drop yours on the floor why would you need to keep asking for more
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Hello Cliokitty,

Wow! Thank you for the great compliment and the love you have for our staff. I'm sorry to hear your experience at the restaurant next door was not up to par. What an awesome review ! We appreciate the kudos. Safe Travels. JP
Lac La Biche, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel during our stay in NYC. We had stayed in Manhattan on our previous visit and wanted to explore a different part of NYC on this trip. The hotel staff were excellent and other patrons we had spoken with reported a similar experience. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable. The location is close to the subway, Bococa neighborhood for shopping in boutiques and eating at great restaurants - especially Italian. We felt safe, even at 2 a.m when we returned on the subway from the Comedy Cellar.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Karen G,

I’m pleased you got to experience the great hospitality that so many others have come to enjoy from the Aloft Brooklyn Hotel staff. You are now one of them, we hope many more will follow in your footsteps. Safe Travels.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. The lady at the front desk was kinda rude at times. The property was very clean, and up to date. The rooms were spotless. Bathroom was above average. Although if you wish to park your ride on "their" lot while staying here, Id suggest staying somewhere else. Was reassured multiple times over the phone by Aloft, that parking would be around $35 per night. $50 max for a small box truck I was driving. They tried to charge me $400 per night. So in short, while the hotel is very nice, the staff have issues with attitude and honesty.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hi Matt C,

My apologies for the confusion with the parking. If you happen to return back to Brooklyn please look up Vic's parking, they are an independent parking operator in the area. Hopefully this will avoid any misunderstanding. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again in the future
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First of all there is a construction project ajacent to the hotel, this should be considered a music to the ears as the American economy is on the rebound and Brooklyn is a strong part of it. We never heard a sound and we stayed midweek.
The hotel is situated near several convenient subway stops with Barclays center just a few (maybe 7) blocks away as is a shopping center with BWW and Target. It's also in the middle of downtown Brooklyn which is experiencing a rebirth of sorts. We loved it. Very ethnic vibe and we felt very safe.
The staff was great and I can't emphasize that enough. What I found to be refreshing was the staff were local and not imported from other areas of the city. It was a true representation of the neighborhood and they did an outstanding job of providing my family a very hospitable place to stay and always smiled. Room was spotless as were the general areas.
The property itself is new and very hip as all Aloft's are. We have stayed at several Aloft's from Bangkok to Brooklyn and they all have that same orange smelling scent in the lobby, it's a scent that tells me I'm at home. My 11 year old son now demands that we check our visiting city to see if there is an Aloft. The BA did not disappoint. If I had a complaint it would be the lack of restaurant facility which is typical of this brand. Not to worry, the ajacent Sheraton has one but charges cannot be billed to the room which oddly enough is where the room service meals come from that are expensed to your room? Not a real big issue in my opinion.
It took us maybe 15 minutes to reach Battery Park (via subway) and the ferry to the Statue of Liberty with Coney Island about 30 minutes in the opposite direction. Our trip to Laguardia took about an hour, maybe, and that was via the subway (F train to 72nd and then a $10 cab ride).
Try this place, it's wallet friendly and centrally located with a staff that is well above industry standard!
Thank you to each and every staff member who worked 7/13 through 7/15, well done!

Room Tip: looking for a place to eat with low prices, especially breakfast. I don't know the street names...
Green Features: if you are a SPG member you can take points in lieu of room service
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello AnthonyVA,

Wow! Thank you for the 5 star rating! I don't know what else to add, you were pretty detail and thorough. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here. We hope to see you again in the future. Safe Travels
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great Trendy Hotel with a large Inviting Lobby with very comfortable seating, a pool table and a nice little bar. A variety of healthy snacks, nuts and fruits are available for purchase. They do not have a restaurant in the hotel - but next door and they do provide room service. The rooms were immaculate, had a great shower with very comfortable beds with nice linens. A rooftop bar is available in the evenings. We were California visitors there for a week exploring NYC. The front desk was staffed with extremely friendly, personable and well informed employees. We appreciated their assistance in answering our questions about NYC, the Subways, and helping us when we needed transportation. This location has easy access to the NYC. Walking across both of the bridges into the City is definitely a must!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Awesome Review!

I’m pleased you got to experience the great hospitality that so many others have come to enjoy from the Aloft Brooklyn Hotel. You are now one of them and we hope many more will follow in your footsteps. Safe Travels. JP

Been to aloft New York Brooklyn? Share your experiences!