“Well appointed, just what we needed for a one-night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Brooklyn
Powell, Ohio
“Well appointed, just what we needed for a one-night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Aloft for one night on July 4 in order to be able to have an easy walk to view the Macy's fireworks. We were able to walk to the Promenade for fireworks, but there are not many other restaurants or attractions in the area. The hotel does have a town car service ready for rides to dinner, the airport, etc. We took the town car to dinner, but found it a little expensive ($24 for a 4 mile ride) so we hailed a taxi on the way home. Rides to the airport were $55, so we talked to the main street nearby and hailed a taxi to La Guardia, which was $30. Our room had a balcony (although not every room does, so be sure to request that specifically if you are looking for that). There wasn't a view to speak of, but the balcony was spacious with a table and chairs and also a lounge chair and it got great morning sun, which was nice for enjoying morning coffee. The room was good size and the shower was awesome.The hotel is supposed to be smoke free, but we definitely smelled cigarette smoke, which was annoying. The staff were very friendly. The walls seemed somewhat thin as we could hear the people next door speaking in what seemed to be normal voices. However, overall, we were very satisfied.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jean P, General Manager at aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello Sara,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Aloft Brooklyn. Please think of us the next time you visit Brooklyn. We would love to see you again. Safe Travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Cumberland Center, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was an incredibly quiet hotel in spite of all of the construction going on around it. We never heard outside noises or people in other rooms. Curtain style blocked out the morning sun to keep it dark for sleeping. Very clean. Close by to many subway stations.

Stayed July 2014
Thanbk you for the 5 star rating. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the aloft Brooklyn, my staff and I can not wait to have you back again. All The Best
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

While there is much to like about this hotel, on balance, I would not recommend it at all. The list of problems is very long. These are the "lowlights":

1- I had four rooms saturday night and 3 rooms sunday night. Upon reviewing the statements, I saw I was overcharged on one of the rooms sunday night. Upon calling the desk to point out the mistake, I was treated like I was criminal trying to get away with something. Rather than admitting to the error, I was put on hold endlessly, had to go over the mistake with two different people, and then had to send you your own confirmation to prove the mistake. I am still waiting days later for my chargeback of $60 plus taxes. (I spent over $1300 for the two nights, a simple "sorry" would have been the appropriate response.)

2-We were woken up sunday morning at 6:45 am when the front desk turned on the music in the outdoor patio right under our room!! The desk later said "oops".

3-The bathroom door in one room was off its track so cannot close or open easily or quietly. Nothing was done about it.

4-Two of the three elevators stopped working for a few hours on Saturday, causing endless waits.

5- One of my room guests, who arrived an hour before I did, had to wait 45 minutes at the front desk attempting to check in before she was given her room key because they could not figure it out...even though we have the same last name and i told reservations we were arriving at different times.

6 -At the desk, I had to check out and back into my 3 rooms I had for a second night as "that is the way they were reserved". I have NEVER had to do this before at any other hotel I have ever stayed at.

7-I asked the desk upon leaving for a family wedding sunday night how I can get a car service back to the hotel. I was told to call the desk, which I did. The young man said he would call dispatch and they would get back to me....You guessed it...they never did. I has t find a car service at midnight on my own.

I think your people are personally very nice, but need better supervision and your systems are in serious need of better management. As there are no shortages of hotels in NYC, until I hear that is accomplished, I will not recommend that anyone I know stay at Aloft

Room Tip: Higher up the better
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We sometimes make mistakes but we try to learn, grow and become better hospitality professionals. Unfortunately this is the 1st time I’m hearing about this. In the future please contact guest services at our hotel for all service related issues. My apologies.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel is super convenient and nice for anything in the Brooklyn Bridge area, especially things near MetroTech.

Pros
Well appointed, clean rooms
Helpful staff
Close to subway station

Cons
Next to business area that mainly closes down on the weekend
The current construction can be noisy and inconvenient

Their isn't much the hotel can do about the construction or the business district, but it's the only thing that made my stay less than exceptional. Staying over the weekend was convenient because of the subway, but sometimes

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I’m happy you found our hotel to your liking. Hopefully the next time you return to Brooklyn you book your reservation here at the Aloft Brooklyn. Safe Travels.
lakewood, ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed at aLoft for 4 nights in June. The hotel staff were very helpful, attentive, and positive. Our room was tight, but very clean and modern. The shower was great! Loved the bottled water and hotel products. Rooms would be better if they included docking stations for charging phones and music. Would def stay here again when in Brooklyn!

Green Features: We appreciated the green focus with recycling in the room and bonuses for not using as many resources.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jean P, General Manager at aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear brandiwithay,

Keep the great reviews coming. Thank you so very much for stating your intention to come back!
In the meantime, safe travels.
Fort Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed here for one night to attend my cousin's 40th birthday party which was held in the Brooklyn Terrace atop the Sheraton Hotel. The two hotels are connected. I found the location of the hotel to be excellent. It was close to the Brooklyn, and Manhattan bridges with easy access to lower Manhattan. It was also within walking distance to all the major subway lines. The neighboorhood is bustling with shopping, and restuarants. The hotel is very modern and chic, the rooms are a very good size for NYC. I also liked the fact that this hotel allows dogs. This saved me a few dollars in boarding, but they only allow certain sizes so check with the front desk. I love the wxyz lounge, I frequent the one near me in the DC area.

The staff was top knotch, they were very friendly and accomadating. I think every person said hello, or had some type of salutation. The dog treats were a nice touch. The only minor complaint was that the music from the Terrace was loud if you were on a higher floor, but I was still able to sleep.

Dear brandiwithay,

Brooklyn's Finest - I love your description of your experience at the Aloft Brooklyn! We definitely look forward to you coming back. Safe travels.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed here for 1 Friday night in June 2014. The location was centrally located and close to a subway stop. I thought the hotel had a colorful freshness about it. The lobby was very lively. Service at the front desk was very pleasant. The room was bigger than I expected. The bed was very comfortable. Air conditioning worked well and was quiet. Shower was great and bath products were very nice. I would definitely stay here again for a Brooklyn visit.

Hello immer-sonnig,

Thank you for great review, I'm happy to hear you plan to come back! Safe Travels until next time.

Been to aloft New York Brooklyn? Share your experiences!