“Clean, Modern, Good Location, NO SERVICE” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Brooklyn
Redwood City, California
“Clean, Modern, Good Location, NO SERVICE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Recently stayed there for a night and I guess you get what you pay for(a good clean room). The hotel is good but there are no frills and there is no staff there to help you or assist you. It's like flying in US Airways. Also, as a preferred SPG member I was expecting a preferred floor and a lounge but I was advice that was not the case in the Aloft hotels. The walls are very thin so you can hear the people in the rooms next to yours. I have a family on the room next to mine and lets say I was up by 6:30am.

Room Tip: It is a good option if you are planning to use the room to sleep, shower and change
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jean P, General Manager at aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Hello rwurbina,

Yes you are correct, as a limited service brand we do not have exclusive SPG floors compared to our full service sister hotels like the Sheraton hotel located next door. I do apologize for the noise coming from the adjacent room and thank you for sharing your experience with our hard working staff.

Aloft Brooklyn, your home away from home…

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Decent price for Brooklyn, very close to Subway links for Manhattan or the rest of Brooklyn. Rooms are modern and clean with all amenities you could want. The location in Brooklyn is not the swankiest but it's safe and you feel like you are in a real part of the city with very colorful locals around.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hello zane_8,

"The location in Brooklyn is not the swankiest but it's safe and you feel like you are in a real part of the city with very colorful locals around" - Your review made me laugh after a long day at the office. You have a great sense of humor. We do have a lot of local independent "colorful" artist in the area. Thank you for sharing. Safe Travels!
Zwolle, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This hotel was clean, modern, smart and functional. Rooms were medium size, I liked the decoration ( I agree with the concept less is more) in the room you could make yourself a decent cup of coffee, tea was available. Everything was clean and the bed was perfect. I think this is like the midrange version of the Sheraton.
It is nearby a train station which is very convenient (3 minutes walk). They do not have a rooftop though. They advertise to have rooftop but the truth is that they share the Sheraton' s rooftop (the Sheraton is located just next to Aloft). If you plan to do some sightseeing in Manhattan I would advise you to find a hotel just right there, Brooklyn is like 25 minutes away from Manhattan by subway

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Lamossella,

I’m glad to hear we at least met your expectations. Hopefully the next time, we can exceed your expectations now you've become acclimated with the Aloft brand. Lamosella, if you take the Q Express train from our location it's only 4 stops to Times Square. The local trains take longer to Manhattan. Thank you for sharing your experience with our hard working staff.

Aloft Brooklyn, your home away from home…
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I switched my flight last minute out of LAX, so I fired up the in flight wifi on my computer and started searching for hotels. I had seen the Aloft Brooklyn come up the day before (preemptively searching to see if it would be worth switching my flight) for 259 per night. I decided to hold out. I booked the hotel around 8:30pm NY time, and got a nonrefundable rate of 109. Wayyy better.

I arrived at the hotel, and I was given a 2double room instead of a king. Did I really care? No, but the receptionist gave me a drink voucher anyway. Hey, I figured a margarita before bed couldn't hurt. Overall very trendy hotel design. It really does feel like a cheaper W hotel. The rooms themselves weren't the biggest, but felt roomy enough. Not a fan of the 2in1 shampoo/conditioner, but that's really nit-picky.

The hotel was about 30 minutes from JFK, which cost about $50 via UberX, but it does put you in or around (not super familiar) Brooklyn Heights, which is super close to Manhattan.

I requested late checkout which they honored, and I just walked to a chipotle for lunch the next day. They have an in-room dining service via a restaurant, but I didn't try it out.

Solid hotel, especially if you get it for the right price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hi Joey P

On behalf of our entire staff at the Aloft Brooklyn Hotel we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area. Safe Travels throughout the year!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I am not a fan of staying in hotels but I really enjoyed this one. As soon as I entered the lobby I saw the cute round retro chairs and nicely decorated lobby. The young lady who checked me in was kind enough to explain the King room I had was on the 23rd. floor and on the 24th. is a lounge that stays open until 3ish am. She asked if I would like to have a different room and I said no I can deal with the music I love music, hell I may even be in the lounge helping them close the place down.

The room was small but that's NY. The room was also very nicely cleaned and smelled very soft. The bed was large and very comfortable facing two nice windows with amazing views of the city. The room was very modern with a flair of a little retro from the cute little blue clock on the side table. The shower area was very clean and very modern as well.

The staff was all very professional and very friendly. The bar was nice the bartender was excellent I think her name was Tonya or Rhonda I hate that I can't remember her name because she made some excellent drinks and I love to give nice reviews with names when I have them.

The noise from the lounge didn't bother me a bit because after a long meeting I went to the lounge and when I was a bit tired came back to my room 2308 and sat on the comfy bed and bounced in the room to the amazing music.

When I return to Brooklyn for business I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was very pleased with my recent stay at the Aloft in Brooklyn. The staff was incredibly helpful, right up to letting me borrow their unused b/w printer for my stay (Thank you, JP!) . The room was comfortably sized, especially for NY, and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Jean P, General Manager at aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hi Patty W,

I'm happy my team and I were able to help by lending you our printer. Hopefully your business presentation went extremely well. All the Best! JP
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Haven't stayed in Brooklyn before and thought I'd give it a try as I had meetings in DUMBO. Fairly centrally located, near lot's of train stations and was a 20 minute walk from my meetings. Really liked that by putting a door hanger out stating I was OK with my room not being cleaned, I was given a 5$ credit. The gym is great too. My first stay at an Aloft - I have another loyalty program - but will be checking them out more.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jean P, General Manager at aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hi dtaschereau,

I'm glad you participated in our Make a Green Choice sustainability program. Our guests love contributing to the environment in addition to the $5 bonus they receive for participating. We look forward to you returning back to the Aloft Brooklyn. Safe Travels. JP

Been to aloft New York Brooklyn? Share your experiences!